ImageImageImageImageImage

Jets 2017 Season Discussion Thread (5-11 Final Record)

Moderator: Rich Rane

zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Jets 2017 Season Discussion Thread (5-11 Final Record) 

Post#1 » by zilby » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:57 pm

With things kicking off very soon, I figure it's a good time to start up a brand new season for us! Obviously things do not look good for this year and we are all fully expecting a tank year until we get an actual QB. Maybe Petty/Hack figure it out? Probably not, but who knows! I'll try and update this as regularly as I can with updates. Regular season is kicking off, I'm calling a 1-15 season. I think it's going to be legitimately terrible.

Jets Roster & Depth Chart:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/team/depth-chart.html

Regular Season Schedule

Week 1: Sep 10 1:00PM @ Bills
Week 2: Sep 17 4:05PMEDT @ Raiders
Week 3: Sep 24 1:00PMEDT vs. Dolphins
Week 4: Oct 1 1:00PMEDT vs. Jaguars
Week 5: Oct 8 1:00PMEDT @ Browns
Week 6: Oct 15 1:00PMEDT vs. Patriots
Week 7: Oct 22 1:00PMEDT @ Dolphins
Week 8: Oct 29 1:00PMEDT vs. Falcons
Week 9: Nov 2 8:25PMEDT vs. Bills
Week 10: Nov 12 1:00PMEST @ Buccaneers
Week 11 BYE
Week 12: Nov 26 1:00PMEST ) vs. Panthers
Week 13: Dec 3 1:00PMEST vs. Chiefs
Week 14: Dec 10 4:05PMEST @ Broncos
Week 15: Dec 17 1:00PMEST @ Saints
Week 16: Dec 24 1:00PMEST vs. Chargers
Week 17: Dec 31 1:00PMEST @ Patriots
Hawaiian pizza is good.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,790

Re: Jets 2017 Season Discussion Thread (Preseason!) 

Post#2 » by Rich Rane » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:48 pm

That was actually a decent opening drive.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Re: Jets 2017 Season Discussion Thread (Next: Week 1 @ Buffalo Bills) 

Post#3 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:10 pm

I don't know if I have it in me to watch 16 losses.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
zilby
RealGM

Re: Jets 2017 Season Discussion Thread (Next: Week 1 @ Buffalo Bills) 

Post#4 » by zilby » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:14 pm

It's actually a nice day out, I kinda regret not driving into Buffalo for this one. Granted, this game will be awful, but still.

Nice play by Juston Burris though.

Well, there's loss #1. Our offense makes me want to stick forks in my eyeballs, I don't think we'll set the all-time record for fewest points but I think we will be among the worst offensive teams in history for sure.
Hawaiian pizza is good.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,301

Re: Jets 2017 Season Discussion Thread (0-2, Next: Week 3 vs. Miami Dolphins) 

Post#5 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:16 am

Roll tank! I haven't watched in 2 years except to see what Petty and Hack could do. I refuse to watch until they draft a QB in the first. Top 5 or better preferably. I have watched this shyt show for 40 years. We've drafted 4 QBs in the 1st in that time. Richard Todd, Ken O'Brien, Chad Pennington, Mark Sanchez. Get me a franchise level QB prospect or I'm done.
:beer: RIP mags
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Jets 2017 Season Discussion Thread (2-2, Next: Week 5 @ Cleveland Browns) 

Post#6 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Oct 1, 2017 10:11 pm

Tied with the Patriots after week 4. Didn't expect that. not sure I even want that...lol

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,790

Post#7 » by Rich Rane » Tue Oct 3, 2017 10:04 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:Tied with the Patriots after week 4. Didn't expect that. not sure I even want that...lol

Agreed. No way Jets get the first pick now without trading some assets.
zilby
RealGM

Post#8 » by zilby » Fri Oct 6, 2017 7:04 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:Tied with the Patriots after week 4. Didn't expect that. not sure I even want that...lol

Agreed. No way Jets get the first pick now without trading some assets.

We have a legit shot to be 3-2 after Sunday, we're playing the Browns. The tank is not going at all as we expected, but at least there's been some nice surprises. Kony Ealy has been somewhat of a revelation, holding his own as a starter and being very active. McCown hasn't been as terrible as I expected, but Forte has not been good to start. Bilal Powell should be starting over him easily, and Eli McGuire has been pretty good as a secondary RB too.

That overtime period against the Jags was some of the most atrocious football I've ever watched in my life, however. I thought we'd end in a tie, but Catanzaro came through. At this point, if we win Sunday and don't lose our last 13 games, I'm gonna root for the gang. May as well have fun being a surprise team and challenge for a playoff spot. It'll never happen, it's more likely we fall flat on our faces and finish 5-11 or 6-10 or something, which would suck.
Hawaiian pizza is good.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Jets 2017 Season Discussion Thread (3-2, Next: Week 6 vs. New England Patriots) 

Post#9 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:48 pm

That was an awful ass call. Clearly a touchdown there. Regains control when he hits the pileon.

Fumble in Jersey though. :lol:

zilby
RealGM

Re: Jets 2017 Season Discussion Thread (5-8, Next: Week 15 @ New Orleans Saints 

Post#10 » by zilby » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:27 pm

Well, since this season has gone off the rails after some brief hope...

TANK STANDINGS BEFORE WEEK 16:

1. Browns
2. Giants
3. Colts
T4. Bears
T4. Texans
T4. 49ers
T4. Buccaneers
T8. Broncos
T8. Bengals
T8. Jets
T11. Cardinals
T11. Redskins
T11. Dolphins
T11. Raiders

Week 16 update: 9th in tank standings, tied record. Broncos do have the tiebreaker over us because of head-to-head. Bengals have the tiebreaker over us because we didn't play them this season, same divisional record (for now), but they're slightly worse in conference record. Things can change, though.

Glad we wasted a season on McCown for reasons not made known! At least we learned some things:

- Our defense has the potential to be very, very good down the line. Adams and Maye have secured the safety positions, and Claiborne did alright despite some low IQ moments as expected. Big Cat on the defensive line will be a force. The pieces are there, free agency when we're ready in a couple of years with our other pieces will be important.

- Robby Anderson isn't a scrub. He's actually put together a fantastic year, and he was at the tops of my most infuriating list only last year. Good bounceback for him. The receiving corps might be intact for next year with Kearse and Robby, hopefully Stewart or Hansen can make big strides.

- Seferian-Jenkins has been a revelation. Props to him for getting it together with the off-field issues. He's been awesome with his blocking and using his size to make timely catches. Needs to work on not having the refs overturn every single touchdown he scores though. :lol:

- Bowles is a coach who seems to work better with veterans rather than a young team, but for the most part, I think he did a good job this year getting the most out of a team a lot of people legitimately pegged to go 0-16 or 1-15, myself included. Hopefully he can continue to learn on the job and adjust.

- Depending on where Mac sees the rebuild timeline, or if this year was just a temporary stepback, our priority in the draft should be a dynamic RB. Let him learn from Forte for a year and then hand him the reins. Both he and Bilal Powell have a year left on their contracts, we can trade Bilal easily and go younger at that position but learning from a veteran. My gut feeling is we're gonna go for one of the free agent QBs like Kirk Cousins or Jimmy G, regardless of however meh I am on that (personally was on the tankwagon for a franchise QB with the #1 or #2 pick, but that has obviously sailed).
Hawaiian pizza is good.

Return to New York Jets