ImageImageImageImageImage

2021 Jets Offeason/Draft Discussion (Latest: Zach Wilson SZN))

Moderator: Rich Rane

zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

2021 Jets Offeason/Draft Discussion (Latest: Zach Wilson SZN)) 

Post#1 » by zilby » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:06 pm

One of the worst seasons I've ever witnessed in professional football history has culminated in not getting Trevor Lawrence!

Discuss. What should we do with #2? Do we take one of Fields or Wilson? Do we trade down and get multiple FRP's (Dolphins)? What becomes of Darnold? Let's find out!
Hawaiian pizza is good.
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Re: 2021 Jets Offeason/Draft Discussion (Latest: Jets Have #2 Pick) 

Post#2 » by Barcs » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:37 pm

It will be Wilson at #2. I personally wanted to go with the trade down and keep Darnold route, but I understand them deciding to move on.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
Grover
Rookie
And1: 81

Re: 2021 Jets Offeason/Draft Discussion (Latest: Jets Have #2 Pick) 

Post#3 » by Grover » Tue May 4, 2021 1:23 pm

Barcs wrote:It will be Wilson at #2. I personally wanted to go with the trade down and keep Darnold route, but I understand them deciding to move on.

Though I would have preferred keeping Darnold and taking the 49er package Miami received, I understood the risk of Darnold versus the QB cap reset. When the trade with the Vikings occurred but before the pick was announced, I thought to myself that if it’s not for Vera-Tucker, it’s only a matter of time before Douglas is canned. Not quite the athlete, he compares favorably with Wirfs and it’s quite possible he moves to right tackle in a year. I actually had Elijah Moore rated as a first round talent and Michael Carter fits the offense so much better than Javonte Williams and Najee Harris which I kept seeing in mock drafts. I would have liked a couple of different picks later and/or a few more trades back for additional picks but I’m trusting the staff’s input on the developmental safeties turning into Will linebackers and a vast improvement on special teams as a result. Whether free agents or waiting on some cuts around the league, hopefully they get some one year deals with low guarantees on a few with a little left in the tank. Did you really think they could replace MacCagnan’s seven years of draft misses in a season? I’ve got more hope moving forward than out of last season’s largely incomplete and oft injured draft but mostly due to their board appearing to overlap my own through the first three picks.
UnFadeable21
Veteran
And1: 837

Re: 2021 Jets Offeason/Draft Discussion (Latest: Zach Wilson SZN)) 

Post#4 » by UnFadeable21 » Tue May 4, 2021 9:54 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

If any of you guys plays Madden 21 on PS5, I’m building an off season roster for franchise mode with all the free agency transactions and NFL Draft.

It was nice of Operation Sports and Forbes magazine to write a feature on me and my work.

So if you’re a Jets fans or any fan of the other 32 NFL teams and on PS5, you can too play and enjoy the roster.

Roster name: Madden2022
User:Unfadeable21

Return to New York Jets