The Monsters On Defense...

Moderator: Rich Rane

Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,983

The Monsters On Defense... 

Post#1 » by Manhattan Project » Tue Nov 6, 2007 2:53 pm

Looking at the stats for the rookies this year, its nice to see that both Revis and Harris are both in the top five for tackles. Harris has only started two games but has registered a 17 tackle game followed up by a 24 tackle performance. At this pace he will catch Patrick Willis for the overall lead for not only rookies but the league.

Darrelle Revis has 57 tackles on the season, however the most impressing thing is that he has 47 solo tackles. That is impressive considering the fact most corner backs dont like to tackle.

Both players are playing quite impressive, they are the 1-2 AFC in tackles for rookies.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall
Herro l Okogie
Fox l Jones l Ellis
theknicks414
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#2 » by theknicks414 » Tue Nov 6, 2007 2:56 pm

I've been pleasantly surprised by Harris. He really is everywhere on the field. I guess having him play this well in the 3-4 makes Vilma expendable and there is probably a 90% chance vilma is gone this offseason. As much as I love Vilma, I would easily trade him for a 1st round pick or a good NT
treiz
RealGM
And1: 564

Post#3 » by treiz » Tue Nov 6, 2007 6:30 pm

Great job by the front office
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Post#4 » by Flaming Mo » Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:58 pm

It sure helped that we have the former Michigan defensive coordinator (?) under contract. Harris is a stud and a true leader, maybe we get another Wolverine in next year's draft with Shawn Crable...
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies...

Return to New York Jets