Matt Flynn

Moderator: HMFFL

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Matt Flynn 

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:51 pm

We gave up a great deal for Palmer but does any of you think we should pursue Matt Flynn?

Based on conversations with Matt Flynn "in the last few days," Aaron Rodgers believes the Dolphins and Seahawks are the "two top dogs" in the race for the free agent QB. Source: ESPN Milwaukee
reeDfense
Sophomore
And1: 6

Re: Matt Flynn 

Post#2 » by reeDfense » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:19 pm

Meh Idk something about this situation strangely reminds me of Matt cassell and that hasnt worked out thus far..lol...but it would be cool to see how it works out and if someone makes a move for him.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#3 » by chrbal » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:28 pm

Please, please, PLEASE trade for another QB.

Matt Flynn seems like he'll be a good career QB
reeDfense
Sophomore
And1: 6

Post#4 » by reeDfense » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:49 pm

and you guys are on drugs if you think palmer should be benched...hmm lets see..he had no real grasp on the offense really do to now training camp...not to mention saunders has one of the most ridiculously large playbooks around..oh and he had no real work with his recievers..no work means no chemistry..no chemistry means mishaps..raiders fans should be happy with palmer..however..you guys always for some reason call for someone to be cut/fired if things are on a fast course to success...oh and you can blame DMC for being such a softy...the guy needs to suck it up...give it some time..and i bet you the raiders will be one of the more successful teams in the AFC west next season..flynn is not the answer...nor is anyone else..
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#5 » by HMFFL » Mon May 7, 2012 11:48 am

As of right now, we have solid depth at QB, but if Palmer goes down we won't have the deep ball as an option. I support Palmer as our QB for the time being because it's not like we have many options at the moment.
mtraiders73
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#6 » by mtraiders73 » Fri Jul 6, 2012 7:06 pm

Wow cant believe you guys want to get rid of Palmer already. He WAS sitting on his couch last year and was thrown to the wolves. Id bet money this year you see a better improved Palmer. He knows the play book now, has spent time with his receivers and has had time to train. I think he will pleasantly surprise alot of people this upcoming season.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#7 » by Neddy » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:25 am

w.t.f.
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#8 » by Neddy » Sun May 5, 2013 10:01 pm

sad to see palmer go, but absolutely happy to get rid of his contract.
took awhile to calm down but if flynn suck, we will get another high draft pick to build around.

flynn is a good stop gap QB, prior is a long shot but a guy with a high ceiling if he ever figures out the playbook and his mechanics. i think wilson is positively the QB of the future. i hope we don't start him early before he is ready, a la andrew walters.

after enough time to sink in about what reggie is doing, i am 100 % behind our GM and its rebuilding effort. i loved al davis forever, and always name him as one of my all time role models, along with sandy koufax, jackie robinson, bob dylan and thomas jefferson, but his latter years was filled with desperation moves that deviated from his own mantras, commitment to excellence, and the greatness of the raiders is always in its future.

let's go reggie, let's go raiders. nearly 40 years of my fandom will see its daylight soon
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#9 » by Neddy » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:58 pm

boy was i wrong about wilson being the future. it's between pryor and mcgloin. i have no idea just what happened to wilson. there is no chance he plays too early... little chance he ever plays.
ehhhhh f it.
FreeBalling
Starter
And1: 218

Post#10 » by FreeBalling » Sun Dec 1, 2013 6:43 pm

Neddy wrote:boy was i wrong about wilson being the future. it's between pryor and mcgloin. i have no idea just what happened to wilson. there is no chance he plays too early... little chance he ever plays.

Mcgloin looked great playing Dallas. If we could only get so WR's and build the O-Line.

Someone please trade / cut Run DMC. The guy is always hurt.
FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten
RIP Master Sergent Holt :usa:

The ultimate sacrifice http://taskforceomegainc.org/H061.html
Neddy
RealGM

Post#11 » by Neddy » Sun Dec 1, 2013 9:43 pm

FreeBalling wrote:
Neddy wrote:boy was i wrong about wilson being the future. it's between pryor and mcgloin. i have no idea just what happened to wilson. there is no chance he plays too early... little chance he ever plays.

Mcgloin looked great playing Dallas. If we could only get so WR's and build the O-Line.

yeah we have been piss poor at drafting WRs for some time, especially when considering our best 2 WRs in last 2 weeks were both undrafted free agent signees
ehhhhh f it.
FreeBalling
Starter
And1: 218

Post#12 » by FreeBalling » Tue Dec 3, 2013 2:44 am

Neddy wrote:
FreeBalling wrote:

yeah we have been piss poor at drafting WRs for some time, especially when considering our best 2 WRs in last 2 weeks were both undrafted free agent signees

I'll be seeing you when the Wizards come to LA.

Just Win Baby!
FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten
RIP Master Sergent Holt :usa:

The ultimate sacrifice http://taskforceomegainc.org/H061.html
Neddy
RealGM

Post#13 » by Neddy » Sat Dec 7, 2013 6:55 pm

...but, you are from Pangaea of Paleozoic era, and I live in Oregon.
but yeah, Just Win Baby indeed.

BTW both McFadden and Jennings are hurt this week. so is Jeremy Stewart. it's time to call upon Taiwan Jones to see if he can handle being an NFL running back at all. this kid was drafted out of eastern washington as a star running back and we had converted him to a corner due to his size. i want to see him run the ball finally, in silver and black.
ehhhhh f it.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,744

Post#14 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sat Dec 7, 2013 7:29 pm

Ya I hope we just win baby against the Jets. Le Sigh, have had enough losing already this season *imo*.

Need a lot of work/help on both sides of the ball! GO RAIDERS GO!!!! :P! :)! :D! Cheers!

Return to Las Vegas Raiders