Training Camp Discussion Thread

Moderator: HMFFL

Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Training Camp Discussion Thread 

Post#1 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Aug 5, 2017 1:29 pm

My Dodgers are on fire but I am keeping my eye on what these guys are doing.

Happy that we could get Gareon under contract and happy that his legal troubles are behind him for at least the near future (and most likely forever).

Things of interest to me:
- Will Jihad Ward be in better shape, stronger, and not suck?
- Will Eddie Vanderdoes look like 2014 Eddie V?
- Is Pagano calling the shots on defense or KNJ?
- What is our answer at RT?
- Can Donald Penn be made happy?
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Re: Training Camp Discussion Thread 

Post#2 » by FNQ » Mon Aug 7, 2017 5:32 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:My Dodgers are on fire but I am keeping my eye on what these guys are doing.

Happy that we could get Gareon under contract and happy that his legal troubles are behind him for at least the near future (and most likely forever).

Things of interest to me:
- Will Jihad Ward be in better shape, stronger, and not suck?
- Will Eddie Vanderdoes look like 2014 Eddie V?
- Is Pagano calling the shots on defense or KNJ?
- What is our answer at RT?
- Can Donald Penn be made happy?

My guesses:

1) I think he'll be passable but I never liked the pick and I still have no reason to like the pick
2) Lot of potential there but I dont think he gets anywhere past rotational DL this year, and hard to make an impact like that
3) Good god I hope its Pagano
4) Newhouse for now, and thats OK. I think Kirkland is going to get a shot at taking the role too, and he was pretty good in spot work. Dont forget about Vadal Alexander, and then we have Jylan Ware and David Sharpe as rookies who could sneak into the role. Considering how much we like heft, I'd say Ware is the least likely to take the role. Sharpe has a legit shot because he's just insanely big and we used a 4th on him
5) Absolutely not. Give him some incentives and then let him focus on the ongoing drama between his mistress and wife
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Re: Training Camp Discussion Thread 

Post#3 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Aug 8, 2017 12:28 am

Why is Norton even here with Pagano in the fold?

Why waste time potentially blowing games with him? We have the better guy on our staff. Let's move on.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.

Return to Las Vegas Raiders