Everything Jon Gruden Thread 

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Fri Jan 5, 2018 11:55 pm

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,008

Re: Jon Gruden To Sign 10-Year, $100M Deal With Raiders 

Post#2 » by HMFFL » Fri Jan 5, 2018 11:57 pm

We'll we have our long-term coach and familiar face, John Gruden.
It's safe to say that our ownership will market him just as much as players at an attempt to profit off him anyway possible.

I hope Gruden fixes ALL of our problems along with management. I have an issue with our O-Line and how they handled things throughout the season and Derek Carr. I truly believe they gave up on Carr when he didn't take a knee. Bring on change!
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,759

Post#3 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sat Jan 6, 2018 12:56 am

Yeah, & fix our D# as well I hope.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#4 » by FNQ » Sat Jan 6, 2018 12:58 am

HMFFL wrote:We'll we have our long-term coach and familiar face, John Gruden.
It's safe to say that our ownership will market him just as much as players at an attempt to profit off him anyway possible.

I hope Gruden fixes ALL of our problems along with management. I have an issue with our O-Line and how they handled things throughout the season and David Carr. I truly believe they gave up on Carr when he didn't take a knee. Bring on change!

GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,759

Post#5 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sat Jan 6, 2018 1:57 am

Freudian slip! Hahhaahh :P
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#6 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Jan 6, 2018 1:48 pm

Hopefully he can restore Carr to 2016 levels. If he does, I’ll love this even more because Carr will have some offensive continuity to end his career. A defensive HC would hire a good OC that would eventually move on and Carr would have to restart again.

I hate Olson coming back...GTFO!
I’m ok with Guenther....There is tons of DC talent out there...TONS...but I’m ok with this.

Love that he and Reggie will work together. I don’t want Gruden having Doc Rivers control...”shopping for the groveries” as Bill Parcells says....well, I don’t want Gruden wielding all the power.

I believe we’re adding another position to our FO this offseason as well.

I’m not as old as some. I became a Raider fan during the Gruden years as a kid and I remember being hurt when we dealt him. I am happy as hell to have him back but I’m under no delusion that he’s perfect (like I thought he was when I was a kid). I cannot wait for his tenure to start.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#7 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Jan 6, 2018 1:51 pm

Btw.

Mark Davis.

Raider fans all over the internet said nooooo. He won’t can Del Rio after giving him that contract. If he does we’ll be getting a cheap coach....blah blah blah.

10 years.
100 Ms later.
New FO position.

Guys as committed to winning as I’ve ever seen. I’m super happy to have him as my team’s owner.

“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#8 » by Neddy » Sun Jan 7, 2018 2:10 am

FNQ wrote:

I hope Gruden fixes ALL of our problems along with management. I have an issue with our O-Line and how they handled things throughout the season and David Carr. I truly believe they gave up on Carr when he didn't take a knee. Bring on change!

:lol:
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#9 » by Neddy » Sun Jan 7, 2018 2:12 am

I love the hire, as I have expressed even before the hire for my affinity for him.

but I truly hope this does not mean that Reggie is gonna be out in the cold soon, as this was strictly a Mark Davis hire.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#10 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Jan 7, 2018 5:16 am

Reggie just turned down an interview from GB.

Something tells me he’s good here and he’s comfortable with his role here.

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#11 » by HMFFL » Sun Jan 7, 2018 6:45 am

FNQ wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My old brain staying up late was a fail for sure.
I suppose at this point I hope Derek doesn't turn into his brother David.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#12 » by HMFFL » Sun Jan 7, 2018 6:48 am

Quake Griffin wrote:Hopefully he can restore Carr to 2016 levels. If he does, I’ll love this even more because Carr will have some offensive continuity to end his career. A defensive HC would hire a good OC that would eventually move on and Carr would have to restart again.

I hate Olson coming back...GTFO!
I’m ok with Guenther....There is tons of DC talent out there...TONS...but I’m ok with this.

Love that he and Reggie will work together. I don’t want Gruden having Doc Rivers control...”shopping for the groveries” as Bill Parcells says....well, I don’t want Gruden wielding all the power.

I believe we’re adding another position to our FO this offseason as well.

I’m not as old as some. I became a Raider fan during the Gruden years as a kid and I remember being hurt when we dealt him. I am happy as hell to have him back but I’m under no delusion that he’s perfect (like I thought he was when I was a kid). I cannot wait for his tenure to start.

I personally believe the O-Line did indeed give up on Carr early on when he chose to not take a knee with the rest of the team. Change is needed as we all know.

And also, like you mentioned in another post, I agree that everybody expected a cheap replacement.....Making a statement!!
The ticket prices are going to be a lot in Vegas. The hockey tickets are high and not just because the team is winning. They had been high before the hockey season even started so I can only imagine how much the football tickets will cost.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#13 » by Neddy » Mon Jan 8, 2018 3:15 am

regardless of the ticket price, it is still much easier to convince your wife to go to Vegas for Raider games (with an option to go shopping or gambling instead) than trying to talk her into flying over to Oakland for just about any activity.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#14 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:28 am

Today was a great day for the franchise and I believe Mark said the happiest day of his life.

Gotta hurt to be JDR if you heard Mark saying his long term vision since his dad passed was Reggie picking the talent and Gruden coaching....that he chased Gruden for 6 years.

Love that Gruden is saying he’s going to demand more of Carr....should be a very interesting offseason.

Up first. The draft.

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#15 » by HMFFL » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:34 pm

Gruden demanding more of his QB, who basically dedicates his own personally success as a Coach makes perfect sense, so I hope Gruden does just that. Fix everything else and we should be back in the playoffs next season. GO RAIDERS!!
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#16 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:56 am

First team to interview 2 minority candidates and get in trouble for violating the Rooney Rule?

Stay tuned.

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: Everything Jon Gruden Thread 

Post#17 » by HMFFL » Thu Mar 1, 2018 9:53 am

Raiders coach Jon Gruden tries to catch up with the times

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-combine-notes-20180228-story.html
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#18 » by HMFFL » Thu Mar 1, 2018 9:55 am

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#19 » by HMFFL » Fri Mar 9, 2018 10:53 pm

Jon meets with Doug Martin.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Raiders have met with free agent RB Doug Martin.
Coach Jon Gruden said he was impressed with Martin "as a person" during a recent sit-down. Per Rapoport, the Raiders are expected to make a "strong push" for the former Buccaneer in free agency. The 28-year-old has finished last in the league in yards per carry each of the last two seasons but could benefit from a change of scenery. Martin grew up in nearby Stockton, California, so this would be a homecoming of sorts. Oakland's interest in Martin would suggest Gruden isn't sold on Marshawn Lynch.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#20 » by HMFFL » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:55 pm

Return to Las Vegas Raiders