Re: Raiders offseason thread 

Post#81 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:28 pm

GoldenGoose
Pro Prospect
And1: 547

Post#82 » by GoldenGoose » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:24 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:
GoldenGoose wrote:We need another CB or two, a better starting DT than Stacy McGee, and some skill guys and an LT. I hope we make a run at DRC to the tune of 2 years $19 million and then draft Robinson, Matthews, Watkins, or Mack. We'll still have some holes next year, but we could be marginally better on O and substantially better on D.

you think he's worth Aqib Talib money? just not the years?

That's the money it'd take to get him here. He turned down a ridiculous contract in Denver.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#83 » by Neddy » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:37 pm

GoRapstheoriginal wrote:http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10610087/oakland-raiders-plan-target-matt-schaub-mark-sanchez-qbs-cut

Ugh! :(

I'm not worried.

reggie didn't hesitate to get rid of both Tyler WIlson and Matt Flynn. if one of those rejects come here and can't perform, I'm sure they'll be gone as quickly as they came.

all i am hoping for is that we are not dumb enough to trade for one of those guys. they will be cut and can be had for little to no guaranteed money, like DMC.
ehhhhh f it.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,759

Post#84 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:47 pm

Neddy wrote:
GoRapstheoriginal wrote:http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10610087/oakland-raiders-plan-target-matt-schaub-mark-sanchez-qbs-cut

Ugh! :(

I'm not worried.

reggie didn't hesitate to get rid of both Tyler WIlson and Matt Flynn. if one of those rejects come here and can't perform, I'm sure they'll be gone as quickly as they came.

all i am hoping for is that we are not dumb enough to trade for one of those guys. they will be cut and can be had for little to no guaranteed money, like DMC.

Good point! Yes this is how I hope he handles it/them.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#85 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:33 pm

James Jones.

not gon lie.
I think I see Reggie trying to bridge the gap from the doldrums to where we can draft enough talent to have a good nucleus. I'm just thinking, he probably needs to bat around 100% on the first rounders for the next 3 to 4 years and a good 50% on the players in the later rounds for the next 3 to 4 years.

kinda like this guy...James Jones....3rd round pick.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#86 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:40 pm

DOOOOOOOOODDDD! Niiiiiiceee! Woohoo!!! Sick!!!!!! :P! :D! :)! I like it! I like it a LOT! Hehehehehe!
Neddy
RealGM

Post#87 » by Neddy » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:24 am

I am very impressed with Reggie so far. he has absolutely avoided any long term deals that could cripple the team's cap in the future while signing one after another of solid vets on a short term deals. only high risk player so far is McFadden and he has only $100,000 guaranteed money. i dunno about Allen but Marc Davis must keep Reggie around at least 2 more years after this one to finish what he has started here.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#88 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:55 am

Neddy wrote:I am very impressed with Reggie so far. he has absolutely avoided any long term deals that could cripple the team's cap in the future while signing one after another of solid vets on a short term deals. only high risk player so far is McFadden and he has only $100,000 guaranteed money. i dunno about Allen but Marc Davis must keep Reggie around at least 2 more years after this one to finish what he has started here.

draft sammy wat?
Watkins and JJ being thrown the ball by MgGloin?
trade T-Peezy for a pick in the later rounds?
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#89 » by Neddy » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:02 am

I like Watkins. i think he is your bonafide #1 option from the day 1, Jones is a very good #2, Rod becomes slot, Moore backs up Watkins, Butler backs up jones, and Holmes is your #4, second slot guy. i see no value out of Criner. I don't think McGloin is our starter comes next season. we will probably sign a vet. we may trade TP, and that would be sad for me to see the last pick of Al not pan out... as usual.

if we don't draft Watkins or if he is gone before our turn, i can see Jones and Rod as wide and Moore as our slot. as inconsistent as he has been, he should have easier time getting himself more catches against safeties, LBers, or nickelbacks.
ehhhhh f it.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#90 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:12 am

Interesting article: http://football.realgm.com/src_article/ ... ee_agency/

I hope we can turn things around!!
Neddy
RealGM

Post#91 » by Neddy » Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:16 am

GoRapstheoriginal wrote:Interesting article: http://football.realgm.com/src_article/ ... ee_agency/

I hope we can turn things around!!

don't buy into that crap. Safford thing was a bit clumsy but worked out very well for us. i do not want to be locked in with a guy who couldn't outright secure the LT position with his original team coming in here to play LT with a big long term contract. i would give Reggie a pass for this one, and a rare good call by Marc Davis. as a result, we have ended up with a proven, a former all pro among the newly signed Penn and Boothe. we have a legitimate NFL starter quality WR in Jones who can do nothing but help Rod Streeter, Andre Holmes, and Denarius Moore, a trio of RBs in, a returning but injury prone DMC who is only guaranteed $100,000, a Canadian Football MVP in Cory Sheets, and a young man that reminded me a bit of Bo Jackson in Latavius Murray. then there is Jeremy Stewart and Taiwan Jones. T Jones coming out of Eastern Oregon, I thought he was the next Berry Sanders. what a fast and quick little guy he was. now all this is without even mentioning the best FA signings, Justin Tuck and Lamarr Woodley. remember, Justin Tuck is a much better rated player than Lamarr Houston we lost, and Woodley is right there next to Houston too. we have improved, not regressed. meanwhile, we have a very healthy cap friendly contracts and still a huge room to burn. Tuck did much better than Houston last year and Woodley was right there. just check their stats, and don't believe the hype on Houston. he is exactly what we saw last year and nothing more... an undersized DT who is good at run stopping that was playing out of position at DE and not exactly a natural fit at that.

we are looking mighty good right now and I believe in Reggie. He came with a very high recommendation from John Madden and Ron Wolf. that means something to me.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#92 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:05 pm

You ready to take a chance on a Bortles if he's there at 5?

I doubt he'd be there at 5...but now that he's beefed up our o-line I think we can actually afford to draft a skill player now.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#93 » by Neddy » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:17 am

I am still not sure if we are after a QB in this draft, but I also do believe many teams not only play koy but down right lie about who they are interested in, to avoid other teams trading up before your selection to steal your guy.

three views here.

one, in order to save himself a job, Reggie pulls a trade that brings in a proven vet QB or have one in fold, so in order to protect that guy who provides job security, Reggie picks a LT like Greg Robinson.

two, despite the immense pressure to perform right now, he takes a gamble on a rookie QB and goes after one of the trios of Bortles, Manziel, or Teddy. since the "franchise quarterback" is a rookie and we have the toughest schedule, the ownership gives a pass this year as long as the team shows some promises

three, Reggie sticks to his guns and build the team first before getting a QB to drive it. we pick whichever the player that is left with the most value. that could be Clowney, Watkins, Mack, Robinson, or yes, one of the QBs. `

I have read that the raiders coaching staff have had a conversation with Bortles before the pro day, and Allen was at Bridgewater's pro day as well. my personal feelings is that a rookie QB could very well be the demise of Reggie and Allen's tenures here, but it maybe better to plea for another year with a rookie QB than going against much higher expectations on W-L columns if we had a veteran QB on that brutal schedule.
ehhhhh f it.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#94 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:23 am

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10636 ... nd-raiders

Take it for what it's worth. Hope he has something left in the tank!
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#95 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:58 pm

I've liked Bortles from the jump.

Sucks he won't be there for us to draft at 5 because everybody now likes him as much as I do.

Mack/ Clowney/Watkins.
One of those 3 is who we should draft at 5.

Trade down to 8-10 if we want a tackle.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#96 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:40 pm

"Raiders would fit my personality the best"

- Richie Incog.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#97 » by Neddy » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:00 am

stop.
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#98 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:16 pm

We're good at Guard. I doubt we look at him.

Yikes at Matt Schaub.
Does Reggie Mack know something we don't?
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#99 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:26 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:We're good at Guard. I doubt we look at him.

Yikes at Matt Schaub.
Does Reggie Mack know something we don't?

I SURE hope so!!!!!!!!111 O_O! :\! :( Sigh!

Gotta get a A+ running game going to give him time to throw & make accurate decisions with the football!

Oh & LOTS of protection from the O-line!
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#100 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:43 pm

Jared Allen as a RDE?

I'd throw him a decent piece of change to make it happen.

Return to Las Vegas Raiders