OT: Raiders least desirable team to play for

Moderator: HMFFL

Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Re: OT: Raiders least desirable team to play for 

Post#1841 » by Neddy » Sat Apr 4, 2015 1:27 am

Twinkie defense wrote:
FireNellieQuick wrote:Ya know, I get that the two of you prefer to be a pain about it and post only in one thread, but it'd be considerate of you guys to separate stuff like this into other threads. Point of a forum is to generate people coming here, instead of the same 5 people over and over. Just a thought, unless you prefer only talking to 5 people. In which case, I'll take the compliment.. but just know that it's not helping this place become more active when only one thread is moving.

Not trying to be a pain, but do more than five people even come to the Raiders Forum? Look at the early parts of this thread, there were a lot more people contributing and taking a part in the conversation when this was part of the Warriors forum. I have seen some basketball team forums here where they have a single thread for all games. I'm not the administrator here but it seems like for a low-traffic forum maybe having a small number of threads would be better, rather than a bunch of threads with no activity. I think like many others who used to talk Raiders, I'm on the bubble of even coming here at all, it feels like going out of the way, when all of the other sports talking I'm doing is on the Warriors forum.

hey! you wanna take the raider treads to your basketball forum?

**** you too then. SRSLY, F U
ehhhhh f it.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#1842 » by Neddy » Sat Apr 4, 2015 1:28 am

no really, **** YOU twinkie
ehhhhh f it.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#1843 » by FNQ » Sat Apr 4, 2015 6:43 pm

Not very cool to the Clipper fans.. But relax Ned. The thread wont go back there.

Trying to keep this a small, low-traffic forum seems pretty selfish for convenience. I'd rather work towards making it easier for new people to join seamlessly with easy stuff - a draft thread, a FA thread, a game thread. Is 3 too much to handle?

Hopefully we get to that point, because i sure wouldnt start posting at a derelict forum with one active thread. Almost no one would
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#1844 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Apr 4, 2015 9:21 pm

theres more Raider fans on Real GM than those that post in this forum.

The Raiders cross many other fan bases in terms of sports. I'm just lucky I happened to be browsing (not posting) in you guys forum to see this thread.

It would be cool if the Raiders forum could reflect the actual number of fans it has on real gm.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1845 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Apr 4, 2015 9:24 pm

the baseball forum was nearly dead (and it's still not great) until I started posting in there religiously.

The early groans of me over-riding the Dodgers (my favorite team of all 4) was met with, "wow, I can't believe you're doing this in a dying/ dead forum" and eventually turned into a pretty cool community where we can talk baseball everyday of the season….and I'm not hated anymore because they realize I actually know wtf I'm talking about and I'm not an **** but whatever.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#1846 » by Twinkie defense » Sat Apr 4, 2015 9:51 pm

Neddy wrote:
Twinkie defense wrote:
FireNellieQuick wrote:Ya know, I get that the two of you prefer to be a pain about it and post only in one thread, but it'd be considerate of you guys to separate stuff like this into other threads. Point of a forum is to generate people coming here, instead of the same 5 people over and over. Just a thought, unless you prefer only talking to 5 people. In which case, I'll take the compliment.. but just know that it's not helping this place become more active when only one thread is moving.

Not trying to be a pain, but do more than five people even come to the Raiders Forum? Look at the early parts of this thread, there were a lot more people contributing and taking a part in the conversation when this was part of the Warriors forum. I have seen some basketball team forums here where they have a single thread for all games. I'm not the administrator here but it seems like for a low-traffic forum maybe having a small number of threads would be better, rather than a bunch of threads with no activity. I think like many others who used to talk Raiders, I'm on the bubble of even coming here at all, it feels like going out of the way, when all of the other sports talking I'm doing is on the Warriors forum.

That is where this thread is from. And more people participated in it when it was over there. Show me a ~90 page thread in the Raiders forum. That's just reality - you're posting in a ghost town.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1847 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Apr 4, 2015 11:00 pm

Twinkie defense wrote:
Neddy wrote:
Twinkie defense wrote:Not trying to be a pain, but do more than five people even come to the Raiders Forum? Look at the early parts of this thread, there were a lot more people contributing and taking a part in the conversation when this was part of the Warriors forum. I have seen some basketball team forums here where they have a single thread for all games. I'm not the administrator here but it seems like for a low-traffic forum maybe having a small number of threads would be better, rather than a bunch of threads with no activity. I think like many others who used to talk Raiders, I'm on the bubble of even coming here at all, it feels like going out of the way, when all of the other sports talking I'm doing is on the Warriors forum.

That is where this thread is from. And more people participated in it when it was over there. Show me a ~90 page thread in the Raiders forum. That's just reality - you're posting in a ghost town.

that's silly.

a simple click on "my post" lets u know whenever something new has been posted ITT, regardless of whether it's been moved.
I was posting in here for a few days before I realized it was moved to the Raider forum. They're not participating because they don't want to and probably because the Reggie debate took over.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1848 » by FNQ » Sat Apr 4, 2015 11:06 pm

This thread became emptier long before it was moved here. There were really only 3 active posters. Now 5. Hopefully more. Eventually this thread will hit 100 pages and need to be locked anyways

So any rational arguments for not separating topics by thread?
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#1849 » by Twinkie defense » Sun Apr 5, 2015 4:34 am

Quake Griffin wrote:
Twinkie defense wrote:
Neddy wrote:

that's silly.

a simple click on "my post" lets u know whenever something new has been posted ITT, regardless of whether it's been moved.
I was posting in here for a few days before I realized it was moved to the Raider forum. They're not participating because they don't want to and probably because the Reggie debate took over.

People can post or not post where they want. But there is a big crossover between Warriors/Raiders and between Warriors/Niners. I will guarantee you - post the same thread in the Warriors and Raiders, Warriors and Niners forums, and see which get the most traction. RealGM is an NBA forum.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#1850 » by Neddy » Sun Apr 5, 2015 2:08 pm

thanks for the ban for something that was obviously a joke, but fine, take the damn tread and go back to your warriors forum.

at this point i think i would rather prefer to just man the empty raider forum as the raiders will be in LA next year anyway and none of you guys will even want to be around anyhow.
ehhhhh f it.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#1851 » by RoyalMajesty » Sun Apr 5, 2015 10:30 pm

Neddy, I can't blame you if you annoyed by this thread. This thread is such a headache and poorly run. The only person I can get along with is Twinkie and at times, Glenn (Quake). See this thread when the 2015 NFL Draft comes around or if Reggie McKenzie gets fired sometimes soon. Have fun posting FNQ with . . . . . yourself :lol:
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#1852 » by RoyalMajesty » Sun Apr 5, 2015 10:31 pm

And Glenn, good job by your Badgers. I was pulling for you guys to beat Kentucky.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#1853 » by Neddy » Sun Apr 5, 2015 11:51 pm

RoyalMajesty wrote:Neddy, I can't blame you if you annoyed by this thread. This thread is such a headache and poorly run. The only person I can get along with is Twinkie and at times, Glenn (Quake). See this thread when the 2015 NFL Draft comes around or if Reggie McKenzie gets fired sometimes soon. Have fun posting FNQ with . . . . . yourself :lol:

I dunno. I thought i have gotten to know these guys over the last few months and us all being raider fans pulling for the same team, I thought i could say some obscene words as a joke but obviously my two day ban tells me I will never overcome the basketball rivalry others feel and want to impose around here.

I know Im rather an older poster for this site, but back in the day when i was a mod for another site before my kids( practically another century, i know) we used to have a strict rule of not talking about other sports rivalry into any particular team forum. it worked. but whatever. at least Im not perma banned and Im still here so no matter where the raiders go, whether it is at where i went to high school (LA) or my grad school (bay area) or anywhere else as long as it is somewhere in north american continent, I will be cheering for this team and will be talking to my kids about the time when Bo ran over Boz.

PS- I truly believe even if this forum becomes empty like how it was when i started posting around here before this tread got moved from the Dub's forum, as the raiders start to perform better people will come and talk about this franchise we all love and cherish. Raiders Football discussion belongs right here, in the Raiders forum. peace out man.
ehhhhh f it.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1854 » by FNQ » Sun Apr 5, 2015 11:54 pm

RoyalMajesty wrote:Neddy, I can't blame you if you annoyed by this thread. This thread is such a headache and poorly run. The only person I can get along with is Twinkie and at times, Glenn (Quake). See this thread when the 2015 NFL Draft comes around or if Reggie McKenzie gets fired sometimes soon. Have fun posting FNQ with . . . . . yourself :lol:

:wave:

Actually its not run by anyone. There's no mod for this forum, thats why I was asking people to do the decent thing for the site/forum instead just closing a thread w a long defunct topic as its title.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1855 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Apr 6, 2015 1:16 am

thank you for the well wishes to my Badgers.

I don't have a problem with anybody here. Pro Reggie v. Anti-Reggie is a part of our fan base and it's not going anywhere until he completely hits rock bottom or puts together a winner. I have no problem with anybody here for their stance but I will argue the hell out of anything…so yea...
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1856 » by FNQ » Mon Apr 6, 2015 5:29 pm

Neddy wrote:

I dunno. I thought i have gotten to know these guys over the last few months and us all being raider fans pulling for the same team, I thought i could say some obscene words as a joke but obviously my two day ban tells me I will never overcome the basketball rivalry others feel and want to impose around here.

I know Im rather an older poster for this site, but back in the day when i was a mod for another site before my kids( practically another century, i know) we used to have a strict rule of not talking about other sports rivalry into any particular team forum. it worked. but whatever. at least Im not perma banned and Im still here so no matter where the raiders go, whether it is at where i went to high school (LA) or my grad school (bay area) or anywhere else as long as it is somewhere in north american continent, I will be cheering for this team and will be talking to my kids about the time when Bo ran over Boz.

PS- I truly believe even if this forum becomes empty like how it was when i started posting around here before this tread got moved from the Dub's forum, as the raiders start to perform better people will come and talk about this franchise we all love and cherish. Raiders Football discussion belongs right here, in the Raiders forum. peace out man.

FWIW, it was a global mod, and I get it. They have a tough time telling if someone is joking or not. If globals saw how we talked on the Warriors board... yikes. I wouldn't take too much stock from that.

I frankly don't mind if we jab about Clips-W's, so long as its just banter and doesn't turn into actual basketball discussion.

As far as this forum goes, I think if its cleaned up and treated like a forum instead of just one elongated thread, more will join the discussion. I think of it in the same way as the Clips and Warriors re-made their crappy franchises. Start doing things right, and the results will come. The idea that stuff needs to be continued because its the way its always been done is a great way to sink a ship
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1857 » by FNQ » Mon Apr 6, 2015 10:26 pm

Howard Mass graciously gave me this forum back to mod.. so what I'll do is let this thread run its course to 100 pages (or immediately before the NFL draft, whichever happens first). Then we'll at least try out spreading out topics and see if it does anything for activity.

And most importantly for Neddy, a little crap-talking won't be cause for suspensions :D as long as we're talking football for the most part, it'll be like the Warriors board, very lenient.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#1858 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Apr 6, 2015 10:38 pm

I'm with it. I'll start spreading my topics out as they come.

I'll link here for the time being just so twink and royal have no excuse.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#1859 » by Neddy » Mon Apr 6, 2015 10:42 pm

FireNellieQuick wrote:Howard Mass graciously gave me this forum back to mod.. so what I'll do is let this thread run its course to 100 pages (or immediately before the NFL draft, whichever happens first). Then we'll at least try out spreading out topics and see if it does anything for activity.

And most importantly for Neddy, a little crap-talking won't be cause for suspensions :D as long as we're talking football for the most part, it'll be like the Warriors board, very lenient.

hey i knew it wasn't you but a global mod who gave me that ban but just wasn't sure of what the circumstances behind it was all about. I'm calm now that baseball has started... it's all good. :D

no matter what though, i consider this forum precious and hope other raider fans do too. being fans of opposite teams of other sports should never be a deterrent from banding up a brotherhood together for the silver and black.

if you ever actually feel that Im out of line, PM me. otherwise I talk a lot of crap in the clippers forum to my fellow clippers posters too, but they know me there. I guess I should take a bit more patient approach around here for awhile until everyone is comfortable with everyone else.

PS- congrats on getting your modship back. :D
ehhhhh f it.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#1860 » by RoyalMajesty » Tue Apr 7, 2015 9:00 am

restrict your comments to football and takes please.

Return to Las Vegas Raiders