Moderator: HMFFL

FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Re: The Oakland Raiders 2015 Draft Thread 

Post#41 » by FNQ » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:38 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:
FNQ wrote:Papa on the radio is saying he'd trade the Raiders 2nd for AP... He's got some Al in him.

Would be nice, but only in the short term, and Reggie is not building that way.. I'm starting to understand why Papa hates Reggie so much now. He pines for the day of trying hard every season, and not worrying about the long-term. Our current GM does the opposite of that.. though in a year or two, Papa's point will be very valid if Reggie is playing it the same way.

No thanks.
I can hear the fan base groaning and any fan who was in support of this move, backing WAY OFF OF IT and pretending they never suggested such a thing, if it didn't pan out.

Looking back on it, Suh would have been the biggest oddball in any locker room. We're a young, rebuilding team and here's the $114 million man. I don't see Peterson any differently.

We're one to two draft classes away…no use in waisting a pick on a guy who will be gone in 2 years.

Bleacher Report saying we're in on him, but that Cowboys and Cards are still favorites. My whole issue with this is: if the Raiders do land him, we have to outbid 2 SB contending franchises, one of which is owned by a reckless cowboy who loves to make big-name splashes. So if we do acquire him, we'll be paying out the ass. Not fun.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#42 » by Neddy » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:39 pm

AP doesn't like whiny, disrespectful, entitled kids, Crabtree is gonna get his ass belted on in the locker room. it's probably not a good match.
ehhhhh f it.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#43 » by FNQ » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:10 pm

Neddy wrote:AP doesn't like whiny, disrespectful, entitled kids, Crabtree is gonna get his ass belted on in the locker room. it's probably not a good match.

I lol'd
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#44 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:47 pm

just realized u switched to FNQ officially
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#45 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:12 pm

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12709713

I like this kid.
He can run block too.
He's worth the investment to me.

trade down and get an extra 2nd.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#46 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:20 pm

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -carolina/

He's so obviously not a 4-3 player.
This tells me that he's such a dynamic pass rusher that he's worth the due diligence and possibly, the risk of drafting to our FO.

if we were in a 3-4, I'd lobby for him at #4 and call it a night. No Amare. No Fowler. BEASLEY! But we're 4-3…so we'll see.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#47 » by Neddy » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:26 am

Quake Griffin wrote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -carolina/

He's so obviously not a 4-3 player.
This tells me that he's such a dynamic pass rusher that he's worth the due diligence and possibly, the risk of drafting to our FO.

if we were in a 3-4, I'd lobby for him at #4 and call it a night. No Amare. No Fowler. BEASLEY! But we're 4-3…so we'll see.

some of the reader comments on that article is beyond stupid. they are almost as bad as the video i had to watch for the state of Oregon's jury duty when the judge in the video said that being a juror is one of the fundamental rights of being an American and only American citizens can be on the jury(which is true and I do not take this right lightly at all), then to say the state of Oregon does not discriminate regardless of your race, religion, ethnic back ground or NATIONALITY (def of nationality = which nation the individual holds his or her citizenship of).

how are we supposed to put pressure on the team who holds the #3 overall pick by scouting and interviewing players with our #4 pick? why the hell would they care what we do? nothing we can do as the #4 picker can ever make any impact on #3 picker. but still not as bad as the American right that can only be exercised by American Citizens but any NATIONALITY will do too. :nonono:
ehhhhh f it.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#48 » by FNQ » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:46 pm

http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/

So here's a cool little toy.. you can actually run your own mock draft based on other people's big boards, team needs, etc. No trades obviously, but you can do a 7 round mock.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#49 » by FNQ » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:01 pm

Erik Galko (owner of Optimum Scouting) seems to think that Alvin Dupree to the Raiders is a lock.

There are seven picks I feel confident about if the players are still on the board: Winston to the Bucs, Dante Fowler to the Jaguars, Alvin Dupree to the Raiders, DeVante Parker to the Vikings, Danny Shelton to the Browns, Breshad Perriman to the Ravens and Jordan Phillips to the Colts.

All of the other picks (save Jordan Phillips) have been mocked everywhere. Only Dupree and Phillips haven't, and it wouldn't be shocking. I think in this scenario, Galko assumes that Mariota is on the board at 4, and we trade down. Thing is, I don't see Dupree getting by Atlanta, so have to assume that our trade would be with the Jets. His latest mock reflects that (we trade 4 for 6 and 36).
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#50 » by FNQ » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:48 pm

Here's what I think our big board looks like:

1) Leonard Williams
2) trade down if Mariota is on the board, but only to Jets or maybe Rams
3) Alvin Dupree

I don't think we're willing to fall back to 12, 19, or 20.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#51 » by Twinkie defense » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:19 pm

How about this guy Breshad Perriman? Greg Cosell puts him as the #2 WR in the draft, behind Amari Cooper.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#52 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:42 pm

Twinkie defense wrote:How about this guy Breshad Perriman? Greg Cosell puts him as the #2 WR in the draft, behind Amari Cooper.

based on where he's slotted to go, this is something I'd focus on if we could get the 12 and 19 from Cleveland.
nothing I think we can worry about at #4 and #35.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#53 » by FNQ » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:29 pm

Twinkie defense wrote:How about this guy Breshad Perriman? Greg Cosell puts him as the #2 WR in the draft, behind Amari Cooper.

Caught 50 of 99 potential targets last year... highest drop rate among the top 10 WR (Cooper, White, Parker, Perriman, Dorsett, Strong, Devin Smith, Algohor, DGB, Coates). Perriman is a tools guy: 4.2 40 speed and 6'2. But suspect hands and route running. Of the top WR, I rate them:

Cooper

White
Parker

Algohor
Dorsett
Perriman

Devin Smith
DGB
Strong
Coates

I wouldn't mind Perriman at 35, but he's strictly a tools guy at this point. I think we need someone more refined, and would absolutely love Nelson Algohor at 35. Or Dorsett. Cosell is usually a solid evaluator though, so maybe he sees something in Perriman. The #s just don't back it up right now.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#54 » by FNQ » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:32 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:

based on where he's slotted to go, this is something I'd focus on if we could get the 12 and 19 from Cleveland.

I'm hoping we don't trade down anymore... after watching a ton of Dupree, no longer a fan. I want Big Cat Leo Williams, and he should drop right into our laps at 4. Don't look this gift horse in the mouth: take the best player in the draft, again.

1 - Winston
2 - Mariota (god, I hope so)
3 - Fowler
4 - Big Cat

Actually, what I really hope is that the Cooper to TEN rumors are true. That way, the Jags will try and trade their pick for a Mariota-starved team (Jets, Rams) and Leo drops to us.. I listened to Greg Papa on the radio today talking about how strong Williams' hands were, and looked it up.. yikes. This kid is going to be a monster. It would be nice to have a Sapp-like monster in his prime instead of his twilight.
Neddy
RealGM

Post#55 » by Neddy » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:53 am

so, there isn't any substance on the rumor of SD trading Rivers to Tenn and replace him with Mariota?
ehhhhh f it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#56 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:04 am

FNQ wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:

I'm hoping we don't trade down anymore... after watching a ton of Dupree, no longer a fan. I want Big Cat Leo Williams, and he should drop right into our laps at 4. Don't look this gift horse in the mouth: take the best player in the draft, again.

1 - Winston
2 - Mariota (god, I hope so)
3 - Fowler
4 - Big Cat

Actually, what I really hope is that the Cooper to TEN rumors are true. That way, the Jags will try and trade their pick for a Mariota-starved team (Jets, Rams) and Leo drops to us.. I listened to Greg Papa on the radio today talking about how strong Williams' hands were, and looked it up.. yikes. This kid is going to be a monster. It would be nice to have a Sapp-like monster in his prime instead of his twilight.

I've been following this draft for so long that I've talked myself into so many scenarios. I'm honestly just glad Thursday is coming so I can quit psyching myself into a player, out of a player, into a scenario and out of a scenario.

I was 1st all in on Big Cat but then I got scared because of the rotator cuff surgery. It bugged me that he had the surgery a year ago but wouldn't lift at the combine because the injury had him behind on his upper body strength.

if his rotator cuff isn't a big deal, particularly as it regards his upper body strength, I'm all in on him at 4.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#57 » by FNQ » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:51 am

Neddy wrote:so, there isn't any substance on the rumor of SD trading Rivers to Tenn and replace him with Mariota?

Definitely is.. teams just have to say this when a deal no longer looks likely
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#58 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:50 am

Philip Rivers doesn't want to live in LA eh?

I don't get why he feels like he has to.
Maybe there's more to it than that.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#59 » by FNQ » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:53 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:Philip Rivers doesn't want to live in LA eh?

I don't get why he feels like he has to.
Maybe there's more to it than that.

Has to be.. Its like a player in SF refusing to move to Santa Clara. I think Rivers just doesnt want to be a Charger anymore
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#60 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:49 pm

I want an extra 2nd round pick.

Sorry.
I want Maxx Williams….i really like that kid.

Return to Las Vegas Raiders