FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Re: The Oakland Raiders 2015 Draft Thread 

Post#81 » by FNQ » Fri May 1, 2015 3:09 am

Quake Griffin wrote:hurt to see Laken Tomlinson go there

Agreed. A fine day 2 pick.

Randy Gregory still on the board.. As is Preston Smith, Eli Harold, Diggy from UCLA, Eric Rowe..
RoyalMajesty
Banned User
And1: 1,278

Post#82 » by RoyalMajesty » Fri May 1, 2015 5:01 am

Anybody miss me? I'm back! :lol:
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#83 » by Quake Griffin » Fri May 1, 2015 5:22 am

Now that I can **** breathe again.

LMFAO.

Preston Smith or Gregory for our 2nd round pick?
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#84 » by Quake Griffin » Fri May 1, 2015 5:23 am

RoyalMajesty wrote:Anybody miss me? I'm back! :lol:

being srs.

Yes.
Give this forum the time that you give the Warriors forum.

Let's build it from the ground up.
Your contribution is usually good……..

unless you're hatin on Reggie.
then it's yuck, pooey.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#85 » by Quake Griffin » Fri May 1, 2015 5:24 am

btw FNQ.

I was shocked Peters went that high. I would have been shocked just based on all the mocks I've seen and all the hate he's gotten for his treatment of that coaching staff. Then you posted that he was off teams boards and I didn't even worry about him in the 1st….then boom.

wow.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#86 » by RoyalMajesty » Fri May 1, 2015 5:27 am

I love the 1st Round Pick on selecting Amari Cooper. Derek Carr and Amari Cooper are going to be fun to watch for the next several years. Plus, I called it several months ago that this guy would be great for this team and for Derek Carr.

There's still a lot of talent left in the 2nd Round especially my guy Jaelen Strong, but we are already stacked at WR with Amari Cooper, Rod Streater, James Jones, Michael Crabtree, Andre Holmes, and Brice Butler. We need to go defense here. I like DE-Eli Harold from Virginia or trade down a little bit in the 2nd Round to grab a extra 2015 4th Round Pick and draft DE-Preston Smith from Mississippi St.

DE-Eli Harold from Virginia is one interesting player and I really thought he was going to get drafted in the 1st Round after having a strong combine, did great interviews, is a great character guy, and still plenty of potential, but his problems are consistency and motor. Do we draft him based on that or do we go with a safer choice who is more productive in Preston Smith? I'm leaning towards Preston Smith, but I really like Eli Harold's potential.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#87 » by RoyalMajesty » Fri May 1, 2015 5:34 am

Quake Griffin wrote:

being srs.

Yes.

then it's yuck, pooey.

Awwww I miss u too Glenn :lol:

I really like what McKenzie did today drafting Amari Cooper. I would have love for Marcus Mariota drop down to us at #4 and trade down to #6 to the Jets or trade down to #7 to the Bears while grabbing their 2015 2nd Round Pick so they can have their QB in Marcus Mariota. Maybe there was a trade offer at #4 for Leonard Williams, but McKenzie didn't want to risk it and lose a chance on Amari Cooper? Who knows, but I'm glad McKenzie drafted Amari Cooper rather than risking it and losing out on Amari Cooper. Bravo McKenzie. Bravo.
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#88 » by RoyalMajesty » Fri May 1, 2015 5:48 am

Quake Griffin wrote:btw FNQ.

I was shocked Peters went that high. I would have been shocked just based on all the mocks I've seen and all the hate he's gotten for his treatment of that coaching staff. Then you posted that he was off teams boards and I didn't even worry about him in the 1st….then boom.

wow.

I think all the bashing on his character is ridiculous. He didn't get along with the new coaching staff who happened to come over from Boise St. to Washington. That happens. He's a great cover CB that doesn't mind getting dirty and sticking his nose in the run. I was really hoping he'll drop down to the 2nd Round because I would draft him immediately to team up with our young CBs in D.J. Hayden and T.J. Carrie and under the guidance of Marcus Robertson, Rod Woodson, and Charles Woodson.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#89 » by Quake Griffin » Fri May 1, 2015 5:50 am

RoyalMajesty wrote:

wow.

I think all the bashing on his character is ridiculous. He didn't get along with the new coaching staff who happened to come over from Boise St. to Washington. That happens. He's a great cover CB that doesn't mind getting dirty and sticking his nose in the run. I was really hoping he'll drop down to the 2nd Round because I would draft him immediately to team up with our young CBs in D.J. Hayden and T.J. Carrie and under the guidance of Marcus Robertson, Rod Woodson, and Charles Woodson.

i'll give you credit. You were in his corner from the jump. It's probably on the 1st page too.

We so need help at corner too.
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#90 » by Twinkie defense » Fri May 1, 2015 6:03 am

PFT:
According to an NFL Media report, Williams had a shoulder ailment regarded as problematic by some clubs, which might have caused him to last a little longer than expected.
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#91 » by Twinkie defense » Fri May 1, 2015 6:05 am

Neddy wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:Philip Rivers doesn't want to live in LA eh?

I don't get why he feels like he has to.
Maybe there's more to it than that.

honestly, the only difference for an average person in LA versus SD in terms of life style is the median age.

That's just crazy. LA and SD are completely different.
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#92 » by Twinkie defense » Fri May 1, 2015 6:10 am

Great start in the draft, let's hope this season's #2 is as good as last seasons!
RoyalMajesty
Banned User

Post#93 » by RoyalMajesty » Fri May 1, 2015 6:19 am

Quake Griffin wrote:
RoyalMajesty wrote:

wow.

i'll give you credit. You were in his corner from the jump. It's probably on the 1st page too.

We so need help at corner too.

Yes I did! It's still there on the 1st Page and I also posted that on the biggest Raiders thread "Raiders Least Desirable Team To Play For." I will post a new one later on tonight for the rest of the 2015 NFL Draft for the Raiders with minor changes.

Back to Marcus Peters, it's not like he got multiple failed drug tests, domestic abuse problem, or even shot his friends. He just had a rough time with a new coaching staff at Washington. I truly believe with Marcus Robertson, Rod Woodson, and Charles Woodson on this team, they will keep this kid in check. I don't see a big issue at all, but oh well. The Chiefs got a good CB at #18 in Marcus Peters. I really wish he would have drop down to the 2nd Round at #35 for us to draft him.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#94 » by FNQ » Fri May 1, 2015 12:53 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:Now that I can **** breathe again.

LMFAO.

Gregory rumored to have a fatal flaw: either depression, aniexty disorder, or both. Preston Smith is solid, but limited upside. My pick would be Diggy from UCLA or Eric Rowe from Utah.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#95 » by FNQ » Fri May 1, 2015 12:57 pm

RoyalMajesty wrote:

wow.

It was coming from NFL people, not draftniks. He was entirely removed from some teams' boards, just like Dorial Green Beckham. Im glad he went to a rival - let him be a headache there. Thats not what our team is about.

That said behind The Johnson kid that went to Houston, Peters probably best instinct CB in draft. Trey Waynes.. Dude cant change direction.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#96 » by FNQ » Fri May 1, 2015 1:04 pm

Twinkie defense wrote:PFT:
According to an NFL Media report, Williams had a shoulder ailment regarded as problematic by some clubs, which might have caused him to last a little longer than expected.

Whats funny to me: in the medical field, when you hear the word labrum being dropped, its the same reaction as when the average fan hears microfracture. MF surgeries deteriorate over time but are stable for 5-10 years. Labrums deteriorate and there's really nothing that can be done, except building tons of lean muscle around the shoulder socket to act as 'tough' labrum. The end result is less flexibility.

But then dont forget that the DL/OL is the most violent part of football, where you are constantly pushing and beating at someones shoulder. I feel for Leo, he wanted to be here, but we couldnt draft a Saffold. The labrum info came out 24 hrs before the draft, too.

Worse timing than that Collins kid from LSU. Who, btw, is absolutely worth a look in rd 3/4/5. Top 10 talent who seemingly did nothing wrong.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#97 » by FNQ » Fri May 1, 2015 1:06 pm

RoyalMajesty wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:

being srs.

Yes.

then it's yuck, pooey.

Awwww I miss u too Glenn :lol:

I really like what McKenzie did today drafting Amari Cooper. I would have love for Marcus Mariota drop down to us at #4 and trade down to #6 to the Jets or trade down to #7 to the Bears while grabbing their 2015 2nd Round Pick so they can have their QB in Marcus Mariota. Maybe there was a trade offer at #4 for Leonard Williams, but McKenzie didn't want to risk it and lose a chance on Amari Cooper? Who knows, but I'm glad McKenzie drafted Amari Cooper rather than risking it and losing out on Amari Cooper. Bravo McKenzie. Bravo.

Reggie said that there were no offers to trade down at 4, thus picking with time on the clock. Speaks volumes about Leo's situation, unfortunately. Skins would have been fine moving down to 8 as well - Schreff wasnt going to Jets or Bears.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#98 » by FNQ » Fri May 1, 2015 1:21 pm

My big board for round 2:

1 trade down - lots of options in rd 2 still. Someone might move for a guy like Clemmings, Bruce Petty, Sean Mannion

2 landon collins - did not deserve to drop to rd 2

3 diggy - hip surgeries a concern, best pure pass rusher left outside of gregory (off my board)

4 eli harold - not sure i like the motor questions. But unquestionably talented

5 eric rowe - CB or S, CB for us. Like Hayden/Carrie, an excellent tackler, good at man, below average with zone

6 ali marpet - interior versatility. G/C.. Like a good version of Kevin Boothe/Khalif Barnes

7 maxx williams - only this low because I think its unlikely. But what a pass catcher. And I hate Rivera.

8 Erik Kendricks - solid MLB, high floor, low ceiling. Not as good as Mychal

9 danielle hunter - tools DE. Might be there in 3rd though

10 la'el collins - luxury pick, likely a LG, and we don't usually like character concerns. But i feel for the kid, he likely didnt deserve this
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#99 » by Quake Griffin » Fri May 1, 2015 3:00 pm

FNQ wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:Now that I can **** breathe again.

LMFAO.

Gregory rumored to have a fatal flaw: either depression, aniexty disorder, or both. Preston Smith is solid, but limited upside. My pick would be Diggy from UCLA or Eric Rowe from Utah.

Rowe for Corner or for FS?
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#100 » by Quake Griffin » Fri May 1, 2015 3:14 pm

i just read ur big board.

no worries

Return to Las Vegas Raiders