Crabtree signs with Raiders

Moderator: HMFFL

turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Crabtree signs with Raiders 

Post#1 » by turk3d » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:40 pm

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12685 ... nd-raiders

Does this mean that they're unlikely going to draft Cooper if they have a shot at him?
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Re: Crabtree signs with Raiders 

Post#2 » by FNQ » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:46 pm

I dont think we were ever truly in on Cooper at 4.. But even if we were, signing a guy like Crabtree to a one year deal wouldnt change our board whatsoever
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#3 » by Twinkie defense » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:57 pm

I'm just not a big fan of the guy. His strength is supposed to be his "great hands," but he was among the League leaders in drops last season. He has career averages of 50-something yards per game. Didn't come up with a lot of big catches when it really counted. Has always been a diva - sitting out as a rookie because he wanted more money than his draft slot, missing a load of preseason games. A complainer when he doesn't get his touches. And subject to numerous foot and leg injuries.

Yeah, it's $3 mil, more if he hits his incentives, he will be gone after one season. But it doesn't make for establishing a long-term connection with Carr. IDK how his Niner teammates felt about his complaining and holding out, but a team like the Raiders is not in position to have less than stellar character players. Gimme a broken down Justin Smith before a broken down, slow Crabtree. And don't we have his type of receiver on the roster already?

Re. the draft, if Leonard Williams is not available at #4 and Raiders don't make a blockbuster draft-day trade up or down, they had better draft Amari Cooper... or Kevin White if they are feeling risky.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#4 » by FNQ » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:36 pm

All signs point to them drafting a LEO over a WR if Williams isn't there. The way I see it: Williams, Beasley, trade. Drafting a WR that early doesn't seem to be the style of Reggie or JDR, and I agree. Of the WRs drafted in the top 10 the last 15 years, how many of them went on to be really worth it at a non-impact position.. without dominating physical ability? Cooper's simply a high floor, safe pick that gives Raiders fantasy cred. I'd say it's about 80/10/10, defense/offense/trade at #4.

But with all this Mariota hype coming from so many teams, it's looking pretty likely that Williams is the guy at 4. Don't sleep on Vic Beasley though.

As for Crabs' attitude, a couple of 9ers bloggers have taken to the twitterverse talking about how it's overstated, and that he's just like any other WR who wants the ball and to make plays. We'll see - this is a defining year for him.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#5 » by turk3d » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:13 am

The guy does have very good hands (a lot of those drops were really bad passes that he managed to get his hands on but the QB put him in a really bad position to actually make the catch). The area he's most lacking (imo) is speed (he's definitely no speed burner) aside from all the nagging injuries and yes I think his attitude was pretty bad coming into the league (didn't want to play for the Niners).

I think he wanted to play for the Jets) but I believe it has subsided quite a bit in the last few years. He has something to prove (I'm sure he's not liking his paltry 3M) and maybe have the best QB he's played for so far as accuracy and going deep is concerned, If he stays healthy, I think he's have a pretty good season for you guys.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#6 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:47 pm

lol, I wouldn't wanna catch a Colin Kaepernick thrown football either.

just kidding.
1 year deal, full of incentives.
He's been incredibly humbled in this FA….I don't expect him to be the jackass he has been in the past.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#7 » by Quake Griffin » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:05 am

“I’ve got a lot to prove, a lot,” Crabtree said. “I don’t have anything to lose, but I've got a lot to prove.”

Crabtree is excited to do so with the Raiders. If he can produce and elevate a struggling franchise, he’ll be far more attractive on next year’s free-agent market.

“The Raiders have a legendary program,” Crabtree said. “If you can get them back to the top, that’s a big deal. It’s a challenge for me, but I’m ready to take on that challenge. Me and my team, the rest of the guys in the locker room, they’re ready too. I can’t do anything but ride with them."

He's saying the right things.
so far, so good.
now go produce.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#8 » by Neddy » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:42 am

LOL @ kingcrab. where was this politically correct and seemingly respecful of the raider tradition mindset when Al was still alive and he was a potential draftee?

he is a merc. I'll take it for the growth of Carr and this team. but he will never be a true raider. NEVER. one and done baby.
ehhhhh f it.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Post#9 » by HMFFL » Fri May 1, 2015 6:34 pm

I like the Crabtree signing.
On the other hand, I realize he'll want to the ball often, for him to stay happy.
Things are looking good.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#10 » by Quake Griffin » Sun May 3, 2015 6:03 pm

Neddy wrote:LOL @ kingcrab. where was this politically correct and seemingly respecful of the raider tradition mindset when Al was still alive and he was a potential draftee?

he is a merc. I'll take it for the growth of Carr and this team. but he will never be a true raider. NEVER. one and done baby.

lol, hey…
these cats hit FA and see what franchises will pay for their services and it's the biggest slice of humble pie they've probably ever had.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#11 » by Neddy » Wed May 6, 2015 2:05 am

Quake Griffin wrote:
Neddy wrote:LOL @ kingcrab. where was this politically correct and seemingly respecful of the raider tradition mindset when Al was still alive and he was a potential draftee?

lol, hey…
these cats hit FA and see what franchises will pay for their services and it's the biggest slice of humble pie they've probably ever had.

for Crabby, I doubt it. he probably sees this as a stepping stone to get his next gig contract elsewhere, and he is gracious enough to play for the lowly Raiders.
ehhhhh f it.

Return to Las Vegas Raiders