Raiders Recognized For Iconic Uniforms

Moderator: HMFFL

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Raiders Recognized For Iconic Uniforms 

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Thu May 21, 2015 6:00 pm

Would like to see us add alternative jerseys?

ESPN released Power Rankings of the NFL’s best uniforms Thursday, and the Silver and Black nearly topped the list, checking in at No. 2.

ESPN released Power Rankings of the NFL’s best uniforms Thursday, and the Silver and Black nearly topped the list, checking in at No. 2.

No surprise there.

Since 1963 when Mr. Davis bought the team, the Raiders have become synonymous with the Silver and Black, not straying from the color scheme in over 40 years.

While other teams have tweaked their game day apparel, the Raiders have remained consistent, not adding alternative jerseys or making subtle changes to their look.

Few things in the sports world are timeless, but the Raiders Silver and Black uniforms are.

Here are the Top 10 uniforms according to ESPN:

1. Pittsburgh Steelers

2. Oakland Raiders

3. Green Bay Packers

4. Chicago Bears

5. San Diego Chargers

6. Dallas Cowboys

7. Buffalo Bills

8. Philadelphia Eagles

9. Indianapolis Colts

10. Kansas City Chiefs

http://www.raiders.com/news/article-1/R ... code=319l7
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Re: Raiders Recognized For Iconic Uniforms 

Post#2 » by Quake Griffin » Sun May 24, 2015 3:53 pm

Personally, I like ours better than the Steelers but whatever.
Then I like the Bears second.

but whatever. Glad to be on the list and glad we don't have to change a thing on that front.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Re: Raiders Recognized For Iconic Uniforms 

Post#3 » by FNQ » Sat Jun 6, 2015 8:53 pm

I love the Steelers' unis.. the ones I don't get on this list are the Chargers, who changed from that powder blue monstrosity, and the Eagles, who had that bright green color and only recently changed it to the current darker green.

Steelers/Cowboys/Colts/Chiefs/Bills/Raiders/Packers/Bears/9ers have the best logos that have survived the test of time.. Chargers new dark logo is OK too.

And I dont know why but I will always be a fan of the Bengals and Browns' jerseys as well. At the bottom of my list: Jacksonville, Tampa Bay, Tennessee, Denver, Redskins

Return to Las Vegas Raiders