Can you see Cooper primarily in the slot? Wr - position of strength

Moderator: HMFFL

benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Can you see Cooper primarily in the slot? Wr - position of strength 

Post#1 » by benchmobbin02 » Wed Jun 3, 2015 3:18 pm

With the signing Crabtree and Streater healthy, I can see our base offense as Walford inline or split out, Murray in the backfield and Cooper Crabtree and Streater at WR. In that set Cooper would be the slot receiver IMO. I know Musgrave would have them moving around but that makes the most sense to me as a starting unit.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Re: Can you see Cooper primarily in the slot? Wr - position of strength 

Post#2 » by FNQ » Sat Jun 6, 2015 8:38 pm

When you say primarily in the slot.. Do you mean the WR getting the most snaps there (agree) or that when we lineup 3-wide, its almost always going to be Cooper (disagree)?

I think we'll see a fair amount of Butler and Streater in the slot as well. Cooper has the most experience but if he's whipping top corners, putting him inside will just encourage zones instead of letting our lesser WR go after lesser, smaller DBs.
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Re: Can you see Cooper primarily in the slot? Wr - position of strength 

Post#3 » by benchmobbin02 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:20 am

I agree but I like him in the slot because of route running and ability to stop and go. I loved Jarvis Landry last year in the slot for Miami and on third downs knowing where to sit down in the zone and make the catch and pick up the yards that are there. Both great attributes for an effective slot WR. I see cooper skills and build as a rich man's Landry. Well do wonders with Streater Walford and Butler stretching the field. I see Cooper and Crabby making those third down grabs. Like Butler as well. I think he made alot of plays last year and had good chemistry with Derek.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!

Return to Las Vegas Raiders