Oakland +4.5 at Pittsburgh -4.5

Moderator: HMFFL

GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,762

Re: Oakland +4.5 at Pittsburgh -4.5 

Post#21 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Nov 8, 2015 8:03 pm

Wow, what a crazy turn of events! CMON D#!!! CMON Offence!!
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#22 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Nov 8, 2015 8:12 pm

as frustrated as this game has made me.

the forced 3 and out after the blocked punt and this drive shows me how resilient this team is.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#23 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Nov 8, 2015 8:13 pm

TTTTTTTDDDDDDDDD RRRRRAAAAIIIDDDEEERRSS!!11 WOOOOOOOOOO! :P! :)! :D! 21-21! Tie game now!
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#24 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Nov 8, 2015 8:23 pm

OMG! An INT then now a fumble by Murray! UGH!!!! D# has to step up again! This game is SO back & forth! Holy moly!!
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#25 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Nov 8, 2015 8:23 pm

wow.

another fumble.
Can we at least lose because they out schemed us etc. etc.

We're just dropping passes and putting the ball on the damn floor.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#26 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Nov 8, 2015 8:58 pm

TTTTTTTDDD RRRRAAAIIIDDDEERRRSS!11 WWWWOOO!! :P! :)! :D!
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#27 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Nov 8, 2015 9:19 pm

Ugh! We get a fumble recovery & then we can't convert for ANY points in the redzone! Freaking INT! :(

CMON D#!!
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#28 » by Twinkie defense » Sun Nov 8, 2015 9:29 pm

What a brutal battle. What happened to Rodney Hudson?

Walford ran wrong route on that pick?

Is DJ Hayden really looking like he should have been cut at halftime?

Let's go Carr this is how legends are made!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
"I'm Decayed"
-Doug Moe, on what he would like on his tombstone
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#29 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Nov 8, 2015 9:35 pm

TTTTTTTTTTDDD RRRRRRRRAAAAAAAIIIDDDDEERRSSS!!! WOOHOO!!! :P! :)! :D!
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Nov 8, 2015 9:35 pm

Twinkie defense wrote:What a brutal battle. What happened to Rodney Hudson?

Walford ran wrong route on that pick?

Is DJ Hayden really looking like he should have been cut at halftime?

Let's go Carr this is how legends are made!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Yeah Not sure what happened to Rodney, Yes Clive messed up on the route.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Nov 8, 2015 9:51 pm

Damn! What a crazy, good game! Such back & forth with the turnovers, so many injuries as well! Woowowwo!

Oh well hopefully we play better next week. I can live with the loss we did all we could, just no answer for Brown! :(
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#32 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Nov 9, 2015 1:55 am

Our play today was unacceptable.

learn from winning and doing well in difficult situations.
I don't get how I learn from fumbles, drops and just not being able to cover Antonio Bryant.

Hey bench.
He did end up being all they needed. smfh.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#33 » by Neddy » Mon Nov 9, 2015 3:04 am

Murray's injury is just another case of what I have been afraid for so long... Latavius is a great talent but is injury prone. he isn't suffering from typical physical issues like ACL or broken ribs, but he is concussion prone which is far more scary in the long run. I love Murray, but I prefer he is upright when he is my age rather than six feet under. time to look elsewhere who is better at taking pounding and not suffer concussions likw LM does.

otherwise i have to say this was a good game for us, and we almost had it. yeah we lost a close one but we were also a few dropped pass away from taking this one for the W too.

PS- I have to admit, watching football and seeing devastating injuries each and every week makes me feel like a lesser human being. if dominican winter league or aussie semi pro games were on tv, I assure you that I would be much more occupied with baseball rather than this human pinball machine where I literally see humanity diminish to a simple extra life of an old pacman or galaga game with extra quarter sitting on the bottom corner of the window.
ehhhhh f it.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,010

Post#34 » by HMFFL » Mon Nov 9, 2015 6:54 pm

I'd like to say good game, but by doing so, I continue to play into the mentality that I expect us to lose, and that's no longer the case. We had the leads necessary but we failed to hold them. The Steelers had been a true road test for us but we failed to cover Bryant.
benchmobbin02
Veteran
And1: 364

Post#35 » by benchmobbin02 » Mon Nov 9, 2015 9:46 pm

Neddy wrote:Murray's injury is just another case of what I have been afraid for so long... Latavius is a great talent but is injury prone. he isn't suffering from typical physical issues like ACL or broken ribs, but he is concussion prone which is far more scary in the long run. I love Murray, but I prefer he is upright when he is my age rather than six feet under. time to look elsewhere who is better at taking pounding and not suffer concussions likw LM does.

otherwise i have to say this was a good game for us, and we almost had it. yeah we lost a close one but we were also a few dropped pass away from taking this one for the W too.

PS- I have to admit, watching football and seeing devastating injuries each and every week makes me feel like a lesser human being. if dominican winter league or aussie semi pro games were on tv, I assure you that I would be much more occupied with baseball rather than this human pinball machine where I literally see humanity diminish to a simple extra life of an old pacman or galaga game with extra quarter sitting on the bottom corner of the window.

Your point about football as a whole is well put. It's that ugly tree in our front yard that we just ignore when we pass it.

But your point about Murray is off base purely due to the fact that any ball carrier in the league that gets hit with a helmet to helmet from a full speed safety like he did is out cold. That doesn't make him concussion or injury prone. If you're argument is it's his upright running style then if the ball carrier had ducked his head on that play it would have been even worse. It was gonna happen with the way they were positioned on impact.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#36 » by Twinkie defense » Mon Nov 9, 2015 9:49 pm

Neddy wrote:Murray's injury is just another case of what I have been afraid for so long... Latavius is a great talent but is injury prone. he isn't suffering from typical physical issues like ACL or broken ribs, but he is concussion prone which is far more scary in the long run. I love Murray, but I prefer he is upright when he is my age rather than six feet under. time to look elsewhere who is better at taking pounding and not suffer concussions likw LM does.

Murray is still an upright runner (Clive, too). Against former Raider Mike Mitchell that might get you killed.
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#37 » by benchmobbin02 » Mon Nov 9, 2015 10:35 pm

HMFFL wrote:I'd like to say good game, but by doing so, I continue to play into the mentality that I expect us to lose, and that's no longer the case. We had the leads necessary but we failed to hold them. The Steelers had been a true road test for us but we failed to cover Bryant.

I agree 100%. When I started reading people saying stuff like we gave it our all and we were so close I wanted to puck. Not because of some dislike for the people but because I expected to win, maybe unrealistically.

But look at it like this. The Raiders are "pregnant" right now. Yeah, it sucks, constantly uncomfortable or in pain. The worse is yet to come with the "labor" which I would relate to the end of the year when we improve on the record put forth in the last 3 Reggie years but fall short of our high expectations (playoffs or win division). This isn't a prediction, just a flash forward of what we've experienced so far. If we go 8-8, we might get a wild card spot and might not. But we will certainly look back on the Broncos, Bears and Steeler games and think what if.

What about the "birth". Our team and coaches are a few players and a learning experiences away from being a GOOD team. We are learning now with these tough losses and Reggie will find 4-5 real differences makers next year either thru the draft or FA.

I just hope the baby is healthy.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#38 » by benchmobbin02 » Mon Nov 9, 2015 10:52 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:Our play today was unacceptable.

learn from winning and doing well in difficult situations.
I don't get how I learn from fumbles, drops and just not being able to cover Antonio Bryant.

Hey bench.
He did end up being all they needed. smfh.

Yeah him and ...

DeAngelo Williams

27 rushes, 170 yards, 6.3 avg, 2 TDs
4 targets, 2 rec, 55 yards, 27.5 avg, 1 2pt Conversion
Total, 29 touches, 225 yards, 2 TDs, 1 2pt conversion

Fumbles Lost - 3
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#39 » by Twinkie defense » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:17 am

Twinkie defense wrote:Is DJ Hayden really looking like he should have been cut at halftime?

From the PFF game grades: CB D.J. Hayden (-6.0!) struggled, Steelers’ WR Antonio Brown caught eight-of-nine passes for 119 against Hayden, Hayden missed a couple of tackles, and also surrendered a touchdown to Martavis Bryant.

Yikes.
benchmobbin02
Veteran

Post#40 » by benchmobbin02 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:55 am

Our defense as a whole looked bad. Brown abused us, Ben abused us and Williams abused us. We need upgrades at a few positions and health. Our defense looks a lot better with Allen and a healthy Carrie and CWood. With that said, Hayden and Amerson didn't look great but Brown will do that to most guys in the league these days. He's the best in the game.
MAKE IT MAKE SENSE!

Return to Las Vegas Raiders