Congrats to:

QB Derek Carr
WR Amari Cooper
LT Donald Penn
LG Kelechi Osemele
C Rodney Hudson
DE Khalil Mack
FS Reggie Nelson

Most of these guys by far and away deserve it.. Nelson, I'm not so sure, but he does lead the AFC in INTs and PDs for his position.

Here are our alternates:

RB Latavius Murray
WR Michael Crabtree
RG Gabe Jackson
K Sebastian Janikowski
P Marquette King
KR/PR Jalen Richard

Think about that: we have 13 Pro Bowl elegible players this year. 13. All hail GM God Reggie McKenzie.

Just some other notes too, for some of our guys who didn't make it:

- remember Sean Smith, perpetual burn victim? Here's the quote on him from PFF:
Smith took some considerable lumps early in the season, and at one point, was even benched. Since then, however, few corners in the NFL have been better. Over the first two weeks of the season, he surrendered 250 yards and three touchdowns. In the 11 games since, he’s yielded only 346 yards and one touchdown. The Raiders still have some issues defensively, but they haven’t been because of Smith.

- Bruce Irvin started out slowly, but just won AFC DPOTW by getting 2 sacks on Rivers and a forced fumble on Farrow. He has 7 sacks on the season and 5 forced fumbles. Not enough to be recognized, but also doing a damn good job.

- Stacy McGee, if he didnt get hurt, could have been an alternate as well. He found his motivation again this year and was a monster on the inside, really making up for the lack of quality play from Big Dan and Jelly.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,759

Re: Raiders have AFC-high 7 pro-bowlers 

Post#2 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:20 am

Yeah, to bad Mario Edwards hasn't been playing the whole season & Aldon Smith hasn't been reinstated.
Our D# would be marginally better if we had those 2 as well.

But yeah, pretty awesome to have all these players going to the Pro Bowl, I was surprised more Cowboys weren't picked though..
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,008

Post#3 » by HMFFL » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:54 am

A great accomplishment and turnaround for us.
I hope for many more successful seasons.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#4 » by FNQ » Fri Jan 6, 2017 6:11 pm

Despite the 7 pro bowlers, we only have 2 1st-team (AP) All-Pros: Khalil Mack and Kelechi Osemele. Definitely think Penn and/or Hudson deserved some love there, but both of those spots went to Cowboys' linemen.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#5 » by FNQ » Fri Jan 6, 2017 6:19 pm

http://www.pro32.ap.org/article/voting-totals-2016-ap-all-pro-team

Derek Carr got 1 vote for All-Pro, behind Rodgers (5), Brady (15) and Ryan (29)
Donald Penn got 1 vote, behind Jason Peters (2), Trent Williams (3), Joe Thomas (7), David Bhaktari (8), Tyron Smith (27) NOTE: Trent Williams was suspended for 4 games.
Kelechi Osemele got 47 votes, destroyed the competition at LG
Rodney Hudson got 5 votes, behind Alex Mack (14) and Travis Frederick (29)
Khalil Mack got 46 votes and beat Vic Beasley (30)
Reggie Nelson - who apparently still plays for CIN according to the stupid AP - got 3 votes.
Marquette King got 4 votes and finished 2nd behind some guy named Hekker

Not that I think the Raiders got particularly screwed, but some of these guys got by on name talent and not on-field production (ie OBJ getting double the votes of Mike Evans)
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#6 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:33 pm

Derek Carr should have been given more votes.

He was penalized for being consistent and not having a great story at the end of the season like Rodgers. Rodgers is great and he's on a mission now that seems unstoppable, but he definitely has some games with a lot of yardage and TDs where he didn't particularly play well and I have to believe those totals are helping him a ton with these votes and his MVP bid.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.

Return to Las Vegas Raiders