Marshawn Lynch trade expected/short-term contract

Moderator: HMFFL

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,002

Marshawn Lynch trade expected/short-term contract 

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:41 pm

ESPN's Ed Werder reports Marshawn Lynch's "short-term deal" with the Raiders will include "heavy incentives."
That's far from s surprise. No matter how badly the Raiders want Lynch, they understand he's a 31-year-old back (this month) who spent 2016 out of the league. Lynch also struggled through injury and bouts of ineffectiveness in 2015. His addition, while a big name, would be far from a slam dunk.

Source: Ed Werder on Twitter

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Marshawn Lynch is expected to be traded to the Raiders.
RapSheet adds the trade is contingent on Lynch reworking his deal, but it all seems like a formality at this point. If it all works out, Lynch should be one of the more interesting fantasy discussion this summer. Considering Latavius Murray managed top-13 performances each of the last two seasons, Lynch's upside in a quality offense behind a great line is undeniable. That said, he will be 31 this month, did not play football last season, and sat out most of 2015 because of injury. The upside alone has to put him in the RB2 tier, but there is a good chance Lynch is over-drafted.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: Marshawn Lynch trade expected/short-term contract 

Post#2 » by HMFFL » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:06 pm

Sports Illustrated's Michael Silver reports the Raiders have reached a deal with Marshawn Lynch.
The Seahawks still hold Lynch's rights, so in order to join the Raiders, Seattle will need to release Lynch or work out a trade. Whatever route the Seahawks decide to take, Lynch to the Raiders is happening. The 30-year-old should slide in as the lead back for his hometown Raiders, but it's fair to wonder how effective he'll be after a year away from football. Lynch was tremendous in 2014 but looked sluggish the following year while battling a slew of injuries. Beast Mode carries signifiant risk heading into the 2017 fantasy campaign.
Source: Mike Silver on Twitter
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,759

Post#3 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:08 pm

Is it wrong of me that 1 of the 1st thoughts that came to mind was: "Can he block good for Carr against the pass rush?"
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#4 » by FNQ » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:02 pm

GoRapstheoriginal wrote:Is it wrong of me that 1 of the 1st thoughts that came to mind was: "Can he block good for Carr against the pass rush?"

He was OK at it. But I think more the threat of him running will buy a second or two more that Carr can use. Would expect a lot of playaction from JDR next year
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,434

Post#5 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:09 pm

Read on Twitter

As a Hawks fan, I'm sad. Don't really like the idea of him playing in another uniform. Marshawn was my favorite player. I guess the Raiders are my AFC team this upcoming season! :wink:

Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#6 » by FNQ » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:12 pm

Official: Raiders send a 2018 5th round pick to the Seahawks for Marshawn Lynch and a 2018 6th round pick

Acceptable cost. Moving down 20-30 picks on day 3 next year for a guy with elite potential for 1-2 years.. but it also essentially ends the wishful Sherman thinking.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#7 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:26 pm

FNQ wrote:Official: Raiders send a 2018 5th round pick to the Seahawks for Marshawn Lynch and a 2018 6th round pick

Acceptable cost. Moving down 20-30 picks on day 3 next year for a guy with elite potential for 1-2 years.. but it also essentially ends the wishful Sherman thinking.

That's an amazing deal for the Raiders. Sad day for me. :(
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#8 » by HMFFL » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:47 pm

FNQ wrote:Official: Raiders send a 2018 5th round pick to the Seahawks for Marshawn Lynch and a 2018 6th round pick

Love it.
Let's get two good years out of him and possibly more if he decides to play longer.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#9 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:04 pm

HMFFL wrote:

Love it.
Let's get two good years out of him and possibly more if he decides to play longer.

There's no chance he's playing for the Las Vegas Raiders. Dudes all about his hometown. It's likely one, 2 years max. Then he calls it quits again.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#10 » by HMFFL » Thu May 4, 2017 5:08 am

^
Just throwing it out there.
I doubt he has any interest to play in Vegas.

Return to Las Vegas Raiders