General Season Discussion

Moderator: HMFFL

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

General Season Discussion 

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Wed Aug 9, 2017 11:53 pm

So, with the season beginning, are we going to have a game thread for each game, or are we going to go with a sticky season thread that will be the game thread?

Thoughts?

If one is made for every game is there anyone that would like to be dedicated to making them every week and anybody that has some skills at making them?
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Re: Game Thread Thoughts? 

Post#2 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:40 am

I refuse to believe that this isn't a talented defense.

There has to be a way to turn the guys we actually have now into a respectable defense.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#3 » by FNQ » Fri Sep 1, 2017 2:13 pm

I think one thread should suffice for now.. I'm going to try and post more during games this year, as this will be the first year I dont have season tickets
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#4 » by HMFFL » Sat Sep 2, 2017 12:58 am

^
Sounds good.
I can make one but it will be completely basic. Maybe someone has some skills that can spice it up more than I am capable of doing..lol
Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#5 » by Twinkie defense » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:36 am

Quake Griffin wrote:I refuse to believe that this isn't a talented defense.

There has to be a way to turn the guys we actually have now into a respectable defense.

Del Rio blamed the secondary for the poor defense last season. So who is our starting secondary now? Amerson and Carrie??

I'm very worried about the defense, I can only hope we are going to run that strange 7-2-2 defense we were putting out last season, and the seven man line will be improved with the addition of Vanderdoes and a healed up Autry, Edwards, and Ward.
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#6 » by Neddy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:56 pm

what is up with two separate topics in one thread?

well okay, for the first issue at hand, a single thread for game days should be fine, I think. it looks less impressive when there are 16 separate game threads for the season and some of them having 2 to 3 posts. rather have one long season gameday thread.

for the second topic, Conley is playing from game 2. it should eventually be Conley + someone else who is currently not on this roster. Sean Smith Experience is well past its litmus test, Carrie is a decent slot but his contract is gonna be over and doesn't deserve a raise. Amerson was great in his first year, but very questionable since. but I fully expect Conley to struggle early on as he had little to no pre-season training. looking forward to the maturation of Carl Joseph this season tho.
ehhhhh f it.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#7 » by FNQ » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:12 pm

Neddy wrote:what is up with two separate topics in one thread?

well okay, for the first issue at hand, a single thread for game days should be fine, I think. it looks less impressive when there are 16 separate game threads for the season and some of them having 2 to 3 posts. rather have one long season gameday thread.

for the second topic, Conley is playing from game 2. it should eventually be Conley + someone else who is currently not on this roster. Sean Smith Experience is well past its litmus test, Carrie is a decent slot but his contract is gonna be over and doesn't deserve a raise. Amerson was great in his first year, but very questionable since. but I fully expect Conley to struggle early on as he had little to no pre-season training. looking forward to the maturation of Carl Joseph this season tho.

Changing this topic to "General Raiders Discussion" and we can kinda branch out if a particular topic gets enough heat.

I agree about Conley, and I think he will be playing a lot more as the season goes on. Missing so much camp definitely set him back, but the talent there is undeniable. Frankly, I think he's going to be our best corner by the midway point of the season. Not because he's super elite, but because Amerson seems to be average, Smith seems to be a bit player at this point, and Carrie is a low ceiling type.

Something funny: DJ Hayden has the lowest passer rating against when compared to Amerson/Smith/Carrie.. but he probably owes Brandon Marshall a huge thank you for that. Dropped a wide open pass Monday night after Marshall torched Hayden
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Re: General Season Discussion 

Post#8 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Oct 1, 2017 2:30 pm

Sean Smith was getting abused by Vernon Davis. He should not be a Raider after this offseason, especially considering his contract.

Amerson is beyond frustrating. Athletic enough. Stays with these guys stride for stride but has played the ball poorly this season. I think he can be a decent corner and I wouldnt mind keeping him around once Gareon emerges. I think if Gareon emerges, it will push Amerson to step his game up and he's still young with loads of talent.

We still need another nickel. It's important to have THREE solid corners in this day and age. It's time to get Carrie off scholarship this offseason.

Either way. It's criminal to invest in defense like we have in FA and the draft only to leave it to a dope like KNJ - a coach who is on scholarship. This isn't just about hoping a new DC could make us better. KNJ could be stalling or ruining the development of some of our prized assets.

“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#9 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Oct 2, 2017 3:12 am

Well, now we wait to see if this knee to the back ended Carr's season.

Regardless, his last 2 games have been pathetic...nothing you'd like to see after giving him all that money.

Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#10 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Oct 8, 2017 8:48 pm

Fire this coaching staff.

GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,760

Post#11 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Oct 8, 2017 8:57 pm

TTTTTDDD RRRRAAAAIIIDDDEEEERRSSS!! Finally! Were not out of this one yet!
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,760

Post#12 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Oct 8, 2017 10:10 pm

TTTTTDDD RRRAAAIIIDDDDEEERRSSS! CMON D#!
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#13 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:19 am

Paul Gutierrez ✔@PGutierrezESPN
New #Raiders MLB @NBowman53 told @derekcarrqb: "You handle that 'O' & I'm going to get this defense right."
@ESPNNFL http://www.espn.com/blog/oakland-raiders/post/_/id/19892/hunting-dog-navorro-bowman-sparked-raiders-defense
13:51 - 23 Oct 2017
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#14 » by HMFFL » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:22 am

Huge win against KC this past week.
Now, we go on the road to face Buffalo, and we're a 3 point underdog.

Return to Las Vegas Raiders