Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Vontae Davis leaves Oakland without deal to ‘reflect on (his) visits’ 

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:20 am

Vontae Davis leaves Oakland without deal to ‘reflect on (his) visits’

Josina Anderson

@JosinaAnderson

Free agent CB Vontae Davis is on his way to the airport after visiting with the #Raiders. Told me he met w/t new coaching staff. Talked about building on the group of players they have. On his way home to "reflect on my visits for a couple days or so. Other teams interested too."

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2018/2/21/17038504/vontae-davis-leaves-oakland-without-deal-to-reflect-on-his-visits

He visited the 49ers, Cleveland, and a couple of other teams.
How do you feel about us possibly adding Vontae Davis?
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Re: Vontae Davis leaves Oakland without deal to ‘reflect on (his) visits’ 

Post#2 » by FNQ » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:42 pm

I figure the point of his tour was to see if anyone would give him elite money (ie, who's desperate before FA even begins).

Since its been no one, he'll play the market in free agency and hope teams get desperate after wave 1.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Re: Vontae Davis leaves Oakland without deal to ‘reflect on (his) visits’ 

Post#3 » by HMFFL » Thu Mar 1, 2018 9:51 am

FNQ wrote:I figure the point of his tour was to see if anyone would give him elite money (ie, who's desperate before FA even begins).

Since its been no one, he'll play the market in free agency and hope teams get desperate after wave 1.

He signed with Buffalo. I have no idea what the numbers are or care, but I'm sure he has his reasons, and I'm curious to know what we offered, if we did.

Return to Las Vegas Raiders