Raiders Game Thread

Moderator: HMFFL

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Raiders Game Thread  

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:31 pm

Share your opinion related to the off-season. We have much to improve on!

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: Raiders Free Agency and Draft Wars Talk 

Post#2 » by HMFFL » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:32 pm

I hoped AJ Green wanted out. Maybe he does and he's just voicing that he doesn't so he doesn't look like the bad guy. Keep in mind he missed ALL of the season.
.___________________

Speaking to reporters Monday, impending free agent A.J. Green remained hopeful of reaching a long-term deal with Cincinnati.

Green didn't appear in any games this year while recovering from offseason ankle surgery. It would be understandable if Green opted for a change of scenery with Cincinnati in the beginning stages of what figures to be a lengthy rebuild, though the 31-year-old insists he'd rather be a Bengal. "If something should get done, then I'm here. I want to be here," said the seven-time Pro Bowler. "I think they want me here. We'll see what happens." Despite an injury-plagued last two seasons, Green is adamant he can still play at a high level. Though Green would undoubtedly prefer the security of a long-term deal, he wouldn't fight it if the Bengals assign him the franchise tag this offseason.

SOURCE: Joe Danneman on Twitter

Dec 30, 2019, 11:55 AM ET

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#3 » by HMFFL » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:52 pm

Coach Jon Gruden said the plan is to bring back the team's whole coaching staff.

The Raiders ranked 24th in both scoring offense and defense in 2019. OC Greg Olson assisted Gruden on the offensive side of the ball, while DC Paul Guenther ran the defense. Edgar Bennett (WRs), Tom Cable (OL) and Jim O'Neil (DBs) are other notable assistants. The team will need to make major improvements on both sides of the ball to more seriously contend for the playoffs in 2020.

SOURCE: Vic Tafur on Twitter

Dec 30, 2019, 4:38 PM ET

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#4 » by HMFFL » Mon Jan 6, 2020 8:14 pm

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#5 » by HMFFL » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:36 am

Round 1 - Pick 19

Javon Kinlaw DL

SOUTH CAROLINA • SR • 6'6" / 310 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

Oakland

PROSPECT RNK

12th

POSITION RNK

2nd

The Raiders have an aged Johnathan Hankins and Maurice Hurst, who did not receive a clean medical bill at the NFL combine, at the defensive tackle position. Kinlaw is great value at this point in the first round. It gives them another quality piece to a defensive line that includes a few promising players in Clelin Ferrell and Maxx Crosby.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-mock-draft-patriots-find-next-rob-gronkowski-jacob-eason-slips-into-first-round/amp/

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#6 » by HMFFL » Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:23 am

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the Raiders were interested in impending free agent Robby Anderson before October's trade deadline.

Per Rapsheet, the Raiders were unwilling to surrender a third-round pick. Like Tyrell Williams, Anderson does his best work down the field, something that does not mesh well with Derek Carr's skill-set. Anderson is more dangerous in the short-to-intermediate areas than Williams. Regardless of potential fits with Carr, the Raiders badly need to reinforce their receiver corps. All signs point toward Anderson leaving the Jets.

RELATED: 

Las Vegas Raiders

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Jan 30, 2020, 7:33 PM ET

GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,760

Post#7 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Mon Feb 3, 2020 4:26 am

Any UFA that we should poach off of the Chiefs or 49ers?

Who else are the top D# UFA that we should be targeting?
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#8 » by HMFFL » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:38 pm

Sports reporter Larry Fitzgerald Sr. has been "told" the Raiders are prepared to offer impending free agent Tom Brady a two-year, $60 million contract.

Fitzgerald Sr. doesn't have an extensive track record of breaking news, but he's a longtime member in the sports media world, based out of Minnesota. He's not the type of person to just throw something against the wall. The Raiders have been linked to Brady multiple times since the end of the Patriots' season, with coach Jon Gruden and owner Mark Davis looking to make a splash as the team embarks on Las Vegas. Brady would certainly qualify. It will likely take serious money to lure Brady away from Foxboro. This offer would qualify as such. The Brady free agency should be fascinating.

RELATED: 

Las Vegas Raiders

SOURCE: Larry Fitzgerald Sr. on Twitter

Feb 15, 2020, 11:10 AM ET

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#9 » by HMFFL » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:36 am

Colts Rumored to be Interested in Raiders QB Derek Carr—If He’s Made Available

https://www.stampedeblue.com/platform/amp/2020/2/21/21147417/colts-rumored-to-be-interested-in-raiders-qb-derek-carr-if-hes-made-available

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#10 » by HMFFL » Mon Mar 2, 2020 10:13 pm

Chris Harris

ABC's Troy Renck reports the Cowboys, Raiders, Texans, Jets and Lions are interested in CB Chris Harris.

The Broncos' long-time stud CB is expected to have plenty of potential suitors if he winds up hitting the open market, which is expected at this point. Harris was the best slot CB in the league in terms of snaps per reception allowed from 2015-2018, but his performance slid a bit when operating as an outside CB over the past two seasons. Overall, PFF graded Harris as the league's No. 35 overall corner among 133 qualified players in 2019.

SOURCE: Troy Renck on Twtter

Mar 2, 2020, 3:53 PM ET

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#11 » by HMFFL » Sun Mar 8, 2020 6:25 am

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#12 » by HMFFL » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:37 pm

ESPN's Josina Anderson reports the Cowboys, Bills, Jets and Raiders are "among the teams showing interest" in free agent Chris Harris.

The Broncos, meanwhile, supposedly have not closed the door on re-signing their No. 1 corner, but 30-year-old Harris appears all but certain to depart. Even at his advancing age for a corner, we would expect Harris' market to be fierce.

RELATED: 

Buffalo Bills

, Dallas Cowboys

, Las Vegas Raiders

, New York Jets

SOURCE: Josina Anderson on Twitter

Mar 16, 2020, 12:24 PM ET

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#15 » by HMFFL » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:30 pm

GoRapstheoriginal wrote:https://www.espn.com/blog/las-vegas-raiders/post/_/id/24168/las-vegas-raiders-2020-nfl-free-agent-signings-nick-kwiatkoski-fills-need-at-linebacker
Let's hope last year wasn't a fluke. I hope he continues to improve and has success now that he's a Raider.

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#16 » by HMFFL » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:16 pm

Raiders signed WR Nelson Agholor, formerly of the Eagles, to a one-year contract.

Agholor was a disappointment in Philadelphia after being selected with the 20th pick in the 2015 NFL Draft, but he can be lightly penciled into the Raiders' starting three-WR sets alongside Tyrell Williams and Hunter Renfrow until the Raiders address the position early in the upcoming draft. Agholor needed a fresh start, and he'll get one with a wide-open depth chart in Las Vegas. Through five seasons, he's averaged 6.7 yards per target with a 59.9% catch rate.

RELATED: 

Philadelphia Eagles

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Mar 21, 2020, 2:56 PM ET

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#18 » by HMFFL » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:47 am

Oakland Raiders Select Henry Riggs lll with the 12th Overall Pick. First WR Drafted.

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#19 » by HMFFL » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:24 pm

12. Las Vegas Raiders

Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama | Highlights
Why they picked him: Speed. Pure, unadulterated speed. Because with all three of the consensus top three wideouts still on the board, the Raiders went with the fastest player at the scouting combine (a nod to the late team owner Al Davis, perhaps?) as Ruggs ran a 4.27-second 40-yard dash. Coach Jon Gruden realizes that to battle the Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs in the AFC West, he needs a similar team, a fast one. And in Ruggs, he has a complement to Kansas City's Tyreek Hill. He hopes.

Biggest question: Ruggs might not be as a polished a pass-catcher as either former Alabama teammate Jerry Jeudy or Oklahoma's CeeDee Lamb, so there will be a learning curve, so to speak. And at 6 feet, 195 pounds, he will have to be more physical coming off press coverage at the line. Only five of 30 receivers taken in the first round over the previous 10 drafts had 1,000-yard receiving seasons as a rookie. Ruggs had a career-high 746 yards receiving last season, averaging 18.7 yards per catch. -- Paul Gutierrez

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/draft2020/story/_/id/29011670/2020-nfl-draft-live-updates-pros-cons-every-first-round-pick%3fplatform=amp

19. Las Vegas Raiders

Damon Arnette, CB, Ohio State | Highlights
Why they picked him: Need. Simply need. Because after the Eli Apple free-agent deal fell apart, the Raiders needed somebody to pair with last year's second-rounder, Trayvon Mullen. And unable to trade back, and afraid Arnette would be gone by the time they picked again at No. 80, the Raiders made the pick.

Biggest question: General manager Mike Mayock said the biggest mistake teams make is "reaching for need." In selecting a cornerback with a third-round grade, this reeks of exactly that. Arnette is physical and had five interceptions in four seasons at Ohio State. -- Paul Gutierrez

GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,760

Post#20 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:43 pm

Interesting to see if we trade up into the 2nd round today.

I heard we were unable to trade down from 19.

Gotta nail on all of these picks.

Return to Las Vegas Raiders