Raiders look to shore up the O-line

Moderator: HMFFL

Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,083

Raiders look to shore up the O-line 

Post#1 » by Twinkie defense » Mon Apr 9, 2007 10:02 pm

Word is the Raiders are bringing in O-line free agent Cooper Carlisle (a starter last year for the Broncos) for a look-see.

At 29, he's got low miles, and experience in the blocking schemes of new coach Cable.

Seahawks and Tampa looking at him as well... here's a pretty good report out of Tampa on him:

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/04/02/Bucs/ ... ve_l.shtml

That they're looking should make those very down on the line feel a little bit better.
G_MoNeY
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#2 » by G_MoNeY » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:29 pm

word is he left Oakland without an offer. He seems likely to go to TB. Wish we could've gotten him, would make me feel even better about our offensive line issues.
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#3 » by Twinkie defense » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:21 pm

Cooper Carlisle, the Raiders newest acquisition, is scheduled to earn $4.4 million over the next two seasons, money which indicates he will be the starting right guard for the Raiders in 2007.

Carlisle has been a solid if anonymous starter for the Broncos for the past two seasons, starting 32 games.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/raidersblog/

Good news to see the o-line continue to be solified. Adding well-respected line coach Tom Cable could be a big help (his Falcons led the league in rushing last season). Lincoln Kennedy leaving may be more of a plus than a minus (though I'll miss his mig mitts on special teams, where he always had a shot at blocking a FG attempt). And now they add another starting-caliber player. He's also familiar with Cable's (contoversial if effective) blocking schemes.

I really think that if we can improve - even just a little - on the o-line and at QB, we've got a shot at a much improved record this season.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#4 » by FNQ » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:00 am

jrhester wrote:
Cooper Carlisle, the Raiders newest acquisition, is scheduled to earn $4.4 million over the next two seasons, money which indicates he will be the starting right guard for the Raiders in 2007.

Carlisle has been a solid if anonymous starter for the Broncos for the past two seasons, starting 32 games.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/raidersblog/

Good news to see the o-line continue to be solified. Adding well-respected line coach Tom Cable could be a big help (his Falcons led the league in rushing last season). Lincoln Kennedy leaving may be more of a plus than a minus (though I'll miss his mig mitts on special teams, where he always had a shot at blocking a FG attempt). And now they add another starting-caliber player. He's also familiar with Cable's (contoversial if effective) blocking schemes.

I really think that if we can improve - even just a little - on the o-line and at QB, we've got a shot at a much improved record this season.

Langston Walker?

Great signing for us though... I'd love to see us with a good O-line again.
Twinkie defense
RealGM

Post#5 » by Twinkie defense » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:30 am

Oops, yeah. Lincoln was great... and he's playing again I think.
RayStats34
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#6 » by RayStats34 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:33 am

He's a good pick up the raiders still need more athletic lineman but th Raiders are well on there way.

Return to Las Vegas Raiders