Moderator: HMFFL

Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,082

First report from voluntary workouts 

Post#1 » by Twinkie defense » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:33 pm

http://www.ibabuzz.com/raidersblog/

On the new "West Coast" offense:
In the 20 or so minutes the media was allowed to watch the Raiders scrimmage, Oakland did not throw a single pass more than 15 yards.

On the draft:
Kiffin confirmed wide receiver Calvin Johnson of Georgia Tech had visited the facility... Kiffin, when extolling the virtues of Johnson, finished his sentence by saying, "He's perfect."

(BTW, while "about 95%" of players showed up to these voluntary workouts, Randy Moss was not one of them)

On Lamont's contract restructuring:
"It was pretty much, `take a pay cut or get released,' " Jordan said. "Make no mistake about it, I'm not happy about having to take a pay cut. I'm not happy about it at all. But at this point, there's nothing I can do about it."

On the O-line:
Center Jake Grove is embracing the new zone and cut-blocking offensive philosophy even though it's all new to him.
carnie100
Junior
And1: 0

Post#2 » by carnie100 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:53 am

Good to hear about Grove. Hopefully he'll stay healthy this year. Anything good been said about Gallery? I still have faith in him. Not sure why though. What I'm really excited about this year is the whole new offensive lineup of coaches we brought in. Tom Cable is our new O-Line coach, and he worked in Atlanta for the past few years-pushing their run game into the top of the league. Sounds good to me.

Return to Las Vegas Raiders