ImageImageImage

Official Philadelphia Eagles Discussion Thread

MCtripDub
Pro Prospect
And1: 254
Location: Manila, Philippines: Home of Team Gilas Pilipinas #Puso

Re: Official Philadelphia Eagles Discussion Thread 

Post#401 » by MCtripDub » Tue May 6, 2014 3:29 pm

Haha right but can I just say that if we are indeed trading up to the mid teens that I actually feel like we're trading up for Eric Ebron?

I know we don't need a tight end with Brent, Ertz and Casey on our roster. But in Chip's offense, tight ends are pretty much used as wide receivers. Him and ertz could be our Gronk and Hernandez!

Besides, he ran a 4.6 40 as compared to the highly coveted mike evans' 4.53 40... With 30 lbs more bulk on ebron. (Acc. Nfl.com's combine numbers)

Imagine once he gets on that crazy chip Kelly nutrition system, with all the post workout shakes and micronutrition shenanigans, and gets trim. Might be even faster than mike when it's all said and done.

What do you guys think? With 3 days before the draft might as well get all our personal draft predictions out there right? Haha
Help a fellow Sixer fan out! Please drop by http://nbadraftaddict.tumblr.com/ :D

Thanks! #TogetherWeBuild

PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#402 » by PhilasFinest » Tue May 6, 2014 7:58 pm

I want us too draft DB Pierre Desir.
Hes not a 1st/2nd round guy....but i like the kids size/attitude coming from D2.

1st round, I'm for whoevers the best impact defensive playmaker avail.... Barr,Clinton-Dix,Dennard,Fuller etc.
We need explosive playmakers on Defense and unless someone like Evans drops...im going Defense with our 1st.

I think the depth at WR would be smart too wait until the 2nd round tho unless a big time guy slips:a lot of quality should be avail in 2nd round, hell even 3rd if a LB like Van Noy or Shazier is on the board.

WR guys id be good with in 2/3

Allen Robinson Penn State
Donte Moncrieff Ole Miss
Davante Adams Fresno St
Martavis Bryant Clemson (dudes big and FAST)
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
MRxBLACK
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,872

Post#403 » by MRxBLACK » Tue May 6, 2014 9:10 pm

One of the things that is so good about Kelly's/Rosemans's philosophy is you go into the draft without any PRESSING needs, so you don't end up forcing anything. When you look at our roster there are at least starting caliber players at every position. This truly allows for the BPA strategy.

However, like every team, the Eagles could use players almost everywhere except for QB and RB, unless they end up trading players like Barkley or Brown.

First round: Seems like a defensive back or wide out will be BPA but I would be on board with any player except Manziel or Benjamin. I'm not a believer in either of those guys. I'll guess Marqise Lee WR.

Round 2: Jeremiah Attaochu OLB. He doesn't have to come in and start right away. He could be developed into a nice replacement for Trent Cole.

Round 3: Christian Jones ILB. Could become Ryans's replacement.

Round 4: Dakota Dozier G. Mathis and Herremans are getting up there in age. Dozier would be perfect in this offense with his athleticism and size.

Round 5: Ahmad Dixon SS. Some safety depth.

Round 6: They don't have a pick in this round.

Round 7: Marcel Jensen TE. Much cheaper James Casey.

UDFA: Nate Freese K. I would like the eagles to sign an undrafted kicker to compete with Henery. Hocker and/or Freese could go undrafted.
ESPN Sucks
sixers23
Bench Warmer
And1: 236

Post#404 » by sixers23 » Tue May 6, 2014 9:28 pm

MCtripDub wrote:Haha right but can I just say that if we are indeed trading up to the mid teens that I actually feel like we're trading up for Eric Ebron?

I know we don't need a tight end with Brent, Ertz and Casey on our roster. But in Chip's offense, tight ends are pretty much used as wide receivers. Him and ertz could be our Gronk and Hernandez!

Besides, he ran a 4.6 40 as compared to the highly coveted mike evans' 4.53 40... With 30 lbs more bulk on ebron. (Acc. Nfl.com's combine numbers)

Imagine once he gets on that crazy chip Kelly nutrition system, with all the post workout shakes and micronutrition shenanigans, and gets trim. Might be even faster than mike when it's all said and done.

What do you guys think? With 3 days before the draft might as well get all our personal draft predictions out there right? Haha

if we draft a tight end it wont be another one that cant block. it would be like niklas in 2nd round
PhilasFinest
RealGM

Post#405 » by PhilasFinest » Thu May 8, 2014 5:35 pm

1st round DRAFT NIGHT!

One of Barr,Dennard,Clinton-Dix are my hopes
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
sixers23
Bench Warmer

Post#406 » by sixers23 » Thu May 8, 2014 7:31 pm

PhilasFinest wrote:1st round DRAFT NIGHT!

That would take one falling but I love all 3 as well
PhilasFinest
RealGM

Post#407 » by PhilasFinest » Thu May 8, 2014 8:49 pm

Would also LOVE for us to nab De'anthony Thomas in the later rounds in the draft.

Chip should know him well, but he could be a hell of a hybrid slot/return/backfield playmaker that could drive defenses nuts.
sixers23
Bench Warmer

Post#408 » by sixers23 » Thu May 8, 2014 9:54 pm

PhilasFinest wrote:Would also LOVE for us to nab De'anthony Thomas in the later rounds in the draft.

Chip should know him well, but he could be a hell of a hybrid slot/return/backfield playmaker that could drive defenses nuts.

that wont happen thats why we traded for sproles
PhilasFinest
RealGM

Post#409 » by PhilasFinest » Thu May 8, 2014 10:08 pm

sixers23 wrote:
PhilasFinest wrote:Would also LOVE for us to nab De'anthony Thomas in the later rounds in the draft.

that wont happen thats why we traded for sproles

as a late round pick, id still be on board. I Like Sproles....but he's not exactly a spring chicken. Thomas could contribute on special teams and also be used in some spread sets in multiple scenarios....like McCluster was used in KC.

I personally think we need too try and get 2 WR's...we really have no one there.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,960

Post#410 » by blazza18 » Thu May 8, 2014 10:56 pm

Agreed with taking multiple receivers. I know we'd like to, but we can't exactly rely on Maclin and Cooper just yet.

I'm pretty excited over what Howie and Chip have planned this week. Think we walk away with some quality talent.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
PhilasFinest
RealGM

Post#411 » by PhilasFinest » Thu May 8, 2014 11:02 pm

id be fine with trading down...especially if we can get a 2nd and a 3rd.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,689

Post#412 » by youngcrev » Fri May 9, 2014 2:48 am

Ugh... ha ha going one pick before us is so damn deflating. Good trade back after that though
blazza18
RealGM

Post#413 » by blazza18 » Fri May 9, 2014 2:51 am

I expect we wanted Cooks at 22.
James40
Veteran
And1: 1,048

Post#414 » by James40 » Fri May 9, 2014 2:59 am

PhilasFinest wrote:1st round DRAFT NIGHT!

I was hoping for Clinton Dix, damn the Packers.
Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,883

Post#415 » by Phila Tough » Fri May 9, 2014 3:11 am

Eagles fans gon eagles fan
blazza18
RealGM

Post#416 » by blazza18 » Fri May 9, 2014 3:13 am

I um...Surprising pick.
Embiid P
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,106

Post#417 » by Embiid P » Fri May 9, 2014 3:28 am

Major reach. Chip and Howie have some serious explaining to do. :banghead:
PhilasFinest
RealGM

Post#418 » by PhilasFinest » Fri May 9, 2014 3:57 am

Lmao.

I have a buddy who's a scout and coordinator for The University of Colorado and he said Smith has "Jared Allen" upside. Which doesn't make me as mad.

But Dix was a 3rd rounder away from ours. Lee/Benjamin were there.

Dennard was there.

Smh. Screams a Reid like pick.
PhilasFinest
RealGM

Post#419 » by PhilasFinest » Fri May 9, 2014 3:59 am

#INHINKIEWETRUST
BloodyNose
Banned User
And1: 2,255

Post#420 » by BloodyNose » Fri May 9, 2014 4:08 am

dont worry we got another pick out of that trade. Sometimes its better to try and find the diamond in the rough than pick the sexy name

Return to Philadelphia Eagles