ImageImageImage

Donovan Thread (All McNabb-related issues)

SouthJersey
Starter
And1: 144

Post#21 » by SouthJersey » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:34 pm

McNabb is a good QB, but he is really frustrating to watch at times, which isnt completely his fault. Reid will have him attempt 50 passes a game and thats not his strength (or his wide recievers) for that matter; still he has the power to audible a play every now and then. Running the ball, especially with that O-line, is their strength.

The injury thing has limited has status as a top 3 QB in the league. A player has to be durable, its part of helping your team win. It also doesnt help that players like Jeff Garcia and Aj Feeley have come in and been very successful under the system.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,033
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#22 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun May 27, 2007 10:30 am

I would only take Manning, Brady, Brees above him. That's if Brees is as spectacular as he was this year ;)
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Reks
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#23 » by Reks » Thu Jun 7, 2007 11:29 pm

Brees was great this year
him and Bush braught the Saints back
Welfare Fraud
Starter
And1: 13

Post#24 » by Welfare Fraud » Sat Jun 9, 2007 1:56 pm

SouthJersey wrote:The injury thing has limited has status as a top 3 QB in the league. A player has to be durable, its part of helping your team win.

It's hard to stay healthy when you drop back to pass 50+ times a game. McNabb's durability is fine IMO, Andy (or whoever called 50+ passes a game) is to blame for that. He's taken a lot of punishment.

It also doesnt help that players like Jeff Garcia and Aj Feeley have come in and been very successful under the system.

Those guys actually got to play with a running game. Imagine that.

McNabb hasn't played under the "system" that Garcia played under since the Deuce/Westy/Buck 3 headed monster days.
EG4life
Junior
And1: 31

Post#25 » by EG4life » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:09 pm

he WILL dominate this year, and be the #2 qb in the league (behind only who is arguably the best ever- peyton manning)
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#26 » by PhilasFinest » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:19 am

McNabb will beast it this year.....
i just drafted him in the 3rd round of my fantasy draft so hopefully he comes through big all season....
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
NLK
Head Coach
And1: 9
Location: CHICAGO is a big market with many Rings! Eat S#%T New York!

Post#27 » by NLK » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:22 pm

McNabb is the best QB the EAGLES have ever seen in club history, bar none! Trading him away or letting him go while he still got it, will continue the jinx/curse that has haunted a great city like Philly.
-NLK: Offending Djiboutians since November 2007
"You don't truly know someone, until you fight them."
"To deny our own impulses, is to deny the very essence that makes us human."
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,173

Post#28 » by Mr Swagtastic » Fri Mar 7, 2008 5:30 pm

People need to realize that Philly is the hardest city to play in. I mean you had Charles Barkley in taking Philly to great places and the fans still booed him. I would say that Philly without a doubt is the hardest city to play in outside of Hockey. McNabb is the heart and soul of the Eagles and shouldn't be traded anybody who would pick anybody outside of Brady or Payton Manning for him is a homer. Glad we shut up all those people who said that Dante was better or Vick was better.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Reks
Veteran

Post#29 » by Reks » Fri May 9, 2008 3:52 am

McNabb before he got injured last LAST season was arguably the 2nd best QB behind only Peyton. He was having MVP-like numbers and playing out of his mind.
menflavor
easily the worst realgm screen name
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,173

Re: 

Post#30 » by Mr Swagtastic » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:31 pm

The Cool Kids wrote:McNabb before he got injured last LAST season was arguably the 2nd best QB behind only Peyton. He was having MVP-like numbers and playing out of his mind.

Umm so McNabb was better then Brady? I don't think so. Brady had 50 TD's last year alone.

1) Brady
2) Payton Manning
3) Gerrard (played out of his mind 3 INT's in a season is nuts)

Right now I would have to say that it's hard to say since it's been 3 weeks of football.

Glad to see McNabb shutting all the haters up, all I got to say is FTH
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
tk76
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 734

Re: Donovan Thread (All McNabb-related issues) 

Post#31 » by tk76 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:30 pm

his might soon become the post McNabb thread.

I would not be surprised if this Thanksgiving is McNabbs last game on the field as an Eagle.
Don
Rookie
And1: 9

Post#32 » by Don » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:06 am

I wouldn't be surprised if he somehow wins this one. If he does, he may have bought himself the next couple of games.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,112

Post#33 » by AdamTheGreek » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:43 am

Big game as D-Mac redeems himself for now. I'll chances at the postseason are still slim to none. A win at NYG would be something though.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
bpayton34
Freshman

Post#34 » by bpayton34 » Tue Feb 3, 2009 6:40 pm

Philadelphia Eagles Quarterback Donovan McNabb on Family, Charity, and Super Bowl XLIII

I talked with Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb about charity work with his family and who he's expecting to win Super Bowl XLIII. Which team was he pulling for in the Super Bowl? Also, McNabb discusses who inspired him while growing up in Chicago.

http://www.mouthpiecesports.com/media/18362
Qhawe
Sixth Man
And1: 1,700

Post#35 » by Qhawe » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:06 pm

Happy Westbrook is gone. I swear he slowed us down at the end of the year

Boogie Williams: Favourite Raptor

Return to Philadelphia Eagles