ImageImageImage

Why did they cut Jeremy Bloom again?

girlygirl
RealGM
And1: 0

Why did they cut Jeremy Bloom again? 

Post#1 » by girlygirl » Sun Sep 9, 2007 8:21 pm

Eagles just blew a game they should have won easily because they have no one who can even CATCH a punt.

You can't tell me Bloom wasn't WAY better than the two guys the Eagles put at punt returner today.

I don't think Bloom was signed by anyone. The Eagles should BEG him to come back.
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,460

Post#2 » by Brinbe » Sun Sep 9, 2007 8:35 pm

REED/GLEW NEED TO DIE.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,446

Post#3 » by youngcrev » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:36 am

Yeah, Bloom really didn't look very good in the preseason, and has been extremely injury prone, but when you don't have anyone to replace as the kick/punt return man, it's kind of ridiculous to get rid of him.

G-Lew is a real good 5th receiver to have... but having someone that can return punts > some receiver depth.

It doesn't need to be Bloom, but just get someone that's done this before, and done a decent job.

Hell, I'd take Reno back at this point.
APerna
Editor
And1: 1

Post#4 » by APerna » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:45 am

I agree with youngcrev. Bloom was not the answer, but something needs to be done. I watched Bloom against the Steelers in the third preseason game, and he was horrible.

Greg is an asset to our team, but not as a punt returner.
+ PF
"If Jack makes that shot, the game is over." - Tommy Heinsohn after Jarrett Jack missed a shot at the buzzer of a 105-105 game between the Celtics and Pacers.
Welfare Fraud
Starter
And1: 13

Post#5 » by Welfare Fraud » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:56 pm

Westbrook needs to return punts, especially in critical situations.

The guys on Post Game Live on CSN got it right... a punt return is your first offensive play, don't you want the ball in Westbrook's hands?

I don't buy that "it's too much for Westbrook" or "he might get hurt".... he might get hurt rolling out of bed, lets make him sleep on the floor :banghead:

I will be surprised/angry if Westbrook doesn't get some return action...
APerna
Editor
And1: 1

Post#6 » by APerna » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:32 pm

I'm not opposed to having Westbrook return punts, but it worries me regarding his health and energy for the remainder of the game...
+ PF
"If Jack makes that shot, the game is over." - Tommy Heinsohn after Jarrett Jack missed a shot at the buzzer of a 105-105 game between the Celtics and Pacers.
Welfare Fraud
Starter

Post#7 » by Welfare Fraud » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:18 pm

I wouldn't worry about his energy at all.. I never did before, why start now.. it's not like he touches the ball a ridiculous amount on offense

As for injuries.. they happen all the time, you can't avoid it. Should you seriously gimp your team in fear of that.........no

I'm not saying he should be the only punt returner, but in crucial situations he needs to be back there. Remember that Giants game a few years back?
Welfare Fraud
Starter

Post#8 » by Welfare Fraud » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:54 pm

Eagles signed Reno Mahe according to DNL

Return to Philadelphia Eagles