ImageImageImage

Eagles' weaknesses the last 8 years.....

Knick 4ever
RealGM
And1: 1

Eagles' weaknesses the last 8 years..... 

Post#1 » by Knick 4ever » Mon Oct 6, 2008 1:36 am

Eagles' weaknesses the last 8 year are are a power running game to dominate second half of games and an aggressive coach or an aggressive QB. Since AR has been the head-coach, the Eagles have consistently been lacking in those areas. AR and DM's best year was when they had an aggressive TO that demanded an aggressive play calling every time he was on the court. As talented as the Eagles are, they will never win a championship until they have two of those 3 components I have mentioned above.

Games are won in the second halves, not the first. You have to be able to play power football and you have to be able to be aggressive either as a coach or as a QB. Currently, both DM and AR are playing fat man football without a sense of urgency. They are way too passive. As talented as DM is, he needs a TO type of player to push his button during every play.
VISIT: www.ltravelsite.com for some excellent travel deals and a lot more. Simply click the (Cruises) tab, scroll down to (Great Travel Deals); click (Last Minute Getaways), under Browse by Budget, click (Under $250.00 Deals).
Knick 4ever
RealGM

Re: Eagles' weaknesses the last 8 years..... 

Post#2 » by Knick 4ever » Mon Oct 6, 2008 1:42 am

Eagles should muster a trade for Ocho Cinco and bring in a power back to strengthen the power game with Westbrook. The defense is not as good as it looks, because they can't provide pressure up front. If the front line could put pressure on the QB, the Eagles would have been the best defensive team in the league. 5 games into the season, the Eagles need to make a move for a power runner and a receiver/TE tall enough that can put pressure on the opposing defense.
VISIT: www.ltravelsite.com for some excellent travel deals and a lot more. Simply click the (Cruises) tab, scroll down to (Great Travel Deals); click (Last Minute Getaways), under Browse by Budget, click (Under $250.00 Deals).
m23uza1hem36
Starter

Post#3 » by m23uza1hem36 » Mon Oct 6, 2008 1:46 am

...Are you saying Brian Westbrook can't run? Or the Eagles don't like to run, I'm guessing the 2nd option, even with that Westbrook rushed for over 1,000 yards last year alone. I think it's more of our problems in the red zone, we just haven't been able to convert down there the last few years. I do agree that even though DM could be as good as any QB in this league, he doesn't have a TO or a Chad Ocho Cinco, or a Marvin Harrison, or a Randy Moss, but he has Brian Westbrook and now DeSean Jackson who has been one of the best receivers in the league. We're able to move down the field but we're not able to put up points consistently I think if we find a way to fix that, by far we could be the best team in the NFL, if we can't fix that, we're another "good" team that finds ways to lose games. I look at our 3 losses this year, WE lost the Bears and Redskins game, you could even say that about the Cowboys game if it wasn't for a human error between DM and Westbrook.
Follow @mouzaihem
Knick 4ever
RealGM

Post#4 » by Knick 4ever » Mon Oct 6, 2008 2:05 am

m23uza1hem36 wrote:...Are you saying Brian Westbrook can't run? Or the Eagles don't like to run, I'm guessing the 2nd option, even with that Westbrook rushed for over 1,000 yards last year alone. I think it's more of our problems in the red zone, we just haven't been able to convert down there the last few years. I do agree that even though DM could be as good as any QB in this league, he doesn't have a TO or a Chad Ocho Cinco, or a Marvin Harrison, or a Randy Moss, but he has Brian Westbrook and now DeSean Jackson who has been one of the best receivers in the league. We're able to move down the field but we're not able to put up points consistently I think if we find a way to fix that, by far we could be the best team in the NFL, if we can't fix that, we're another "good" team that finds ways to lose games. I look at our 3 losses this year, WE lost the Bears and Redskins game, you could even say that about the Cowboys game if it wasn't for a human error between DM and Westbrook.

I love Westbrook, and I believe he is one of the best runners in the game. However, we need a second runner to protect Westbrook, because he is definitely not an every down back. We need a power runner because a championship team needs two runners to be effective. As for DM, I love the guy, but he plays with no urgency, that to me separates him from being a great QB. In my opinion, I believe if Mcnaab had a coach like Bill Cower to push his button, the Eagles would have won at least 2 championships by now. I hate the Eagles' front office, because to me, they are cheap and never want to pay the right amount of money to build a championship team. They have failed to surround Mcnaab with a great receiver and a great TE to truly take advantage of his talent.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,170

Post#5 » by Mr Swagtastic » Mon Oct 6, 2008 5:01 pm

Who the hell are we going to trade for Chard Johnson? We don't have the pieces unless your talking picks or something. Lets face facts we have a great RB, a great secondary and a good QB but thats it. Thomas and Runyan are great tackles but they are old.
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Welfare Fraud
Starter
And1: 13

Post#6 » by Welfare Fraud » Tue Oct 7, 2008 7:08 am

The Eagles' biggest weakness the last 8 years has been the head coach/GM in my opinion.

Andy isn't a terrible coach or GM, he does some things (very) well. But the mistakes he makes kill the team.

Last year, Andy didn't think we needed a true punt returner... we lost the first game against GB because of that, and our return game was bad all year.

This year, Andy doesn't think we need a true fullback (or a TE that can block).. we see how that's going when it's 3rd/4th and 1.

Andy's first 15 scripted plays are usually good. That first drive against the Redskins, we had a nice balanced attack and scored. After the scripted plays, he's garbage. Pass pass pass, 3 and out 3 and out. He plays too much Madden.

I don't think they need a WR.. they just need to balance the offense out so it's not all on D-Mac and the WRs. Curtis will make an impact when he's healthy.

And I think Westbrook and Buckhalter are good enough to run the ball, even on 3rd and 1, if of course we had the right tools around them (a TE and FB that can block is a start) and a coach that wasn't a terrible play caller.

xbl I disagree about us having a great secondary, at least up till now they haven't shown it. Asante has been ok, no complaints but he hasn't been the big play maker they payed him to be. Sheldon is what Sheldon always was, that's a good thing. Lito has been a disappointment, that may be because he isn't playing a whole lot. Dawkins is good against the run and blitzing but he's terrible in pass coverage. Q has been ok.

I actually think the D line (Bunk and Patterson in the middle and Parker on the edge so far) and our linebackers (minus Gocong) are the strength of the D.

Gocong has been really bad though, TEs are torching him. Our safeties aren't helping much there though.
Knick 4ever
RealGM

Post#7 » by Knick 4ever » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:37 pm

If the Eagles are serious about winning, they should do whatever possible to acquire Gonzalez. He is one of the best TE ever and he would do well playing with McNaab. In my opinion, the Eagles need to fire Reid and replace him with the former coach of the Steelers (B. Cower). He knows how to motivate players and he can definitely get the best out of McNaab. With a strong running game and great production out of the TE position, the Eagles would be a championship team.

Return to Philadelphia Eagles