ImageImageImage

Brian Dawkins leaves...(Free agency thread)

m23uza1hem36
Starter
And1: 1

Brian Dawkins leaves...(Free agency thread) 

Post#1 » by m23uza1hem36 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:13 pm

Free agent CB Shawn Springs is expected to visit with Philadelphia Eagles management. (3/3/09, confirmed reports)

WR T.J Houshmandzadeh signs 4 year deal with the Seattle Seahawks. (3/2/09, confirmed reports)

Non restricted free agent safety Brian Dawkins sign 5 year, $17 million dollar deal with the Denver Broncos, with $7.2 million guaranteed, as well as incentives that could make the contract worth $27 million. (2/28/09, confirmed)

Philadelphia Eagles trade CB Lito Sheppard to the New York Jets for a 2009 fifth round pick & a 2010 conditional pick. (2/27/09, awaiting physical)

Safety Brian Dawkins offered 1 year deal by the Philadelphia Eagles, he will test free agency market. (2/26/09, confirmed report)

Safety Brian Dawkins signed a 2 year deal with the Broncos...I'm very surprised and upset.. (2/27/09, no confirmed reports)

Philadelphia Eagles sign tackle Stacy Andrews to a long term deal averages $7 million a year. (2/27/09, no confirmed reports)

Safety Sean Concidine expected to sign a 2 year deal with the Jacksonville Jaguars. (2/27/09, no confirmed reports)

Running back Correll Buckhalter is expected to sign a 2 year deal with the Broncos, and would become a starter. (No confirmed reports, 2/27/09)

Tight end L.J Smith expected to sign with the Atlanta Falcons. (2/27/09, confirmed reports)

Rumor has the Philadelphia Eagles trading WR Reggie Brown & a draft pick to the St. Louis Rams for WR Torry Holt. (2/26/09, no confirmed reports)

Bengals WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh Sends Text to Philadelphia Radio Station, if the Eagles would want him he would "be an eagle tomorrow". (2/26/09, confirmed reports)

John Clayton of ESPN believes the Eagles would only need to give up a first & third round draft pick to net Cardinals WR Boldin. (2/26/09, confirmed reports)

D. McNabb will not negotiate a contract extension until the off season is over and he evaluates the moves by the Eagles front office. (2/23/09, confirmed reports)
Follow @mouzaihem
Ong_dynasty
Head Coach
And1: 351

Re: Brian Dawkins leaves...(Free agency thread) 

Post#2 » by Ong_dynasty » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:46 am

I clinging on the hope that Dawkins stays...
That will really hurt me!!
m23uza1hem36
Starter

Post#3 » by m23uza1hem36 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:15 pm

Ong_dynasty wrote:I clinging on the hope that Dawkins stays...
That will really hurt me!!

I'm hoping, until the second he puts up that Bronco jersey and if he does, I will be **** disgusted with Joe Banner and Andy.
Follow @mouzaihem
Ong_dynasty
Head Coach
And1: 351

Post#4 » by Ong_dynasty » Sun Mar 1, 2009 2:18 am

well he is a Bronco now..and as much as it hurts me to say it...it made sense on both sides..
I wish BDawk well and hope he comes back at the end of his career
Reks
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#5 » by Reks » Sun Mar 1, 2009 6:44 am

Give up those picks for Boldin. Then sign Housh.
menflavor
easily the worst realgm screen name
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 4,947

Post#6 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Wed Apr 1, 2009 8:20 am

So the Eagles could have had Boldin and T.J. Houshmandzadeh?

I guess the FO wants to give McNabb a big FU for his request to improve the team. Really sad.
m23uza1hem36
Starter

Post#7 » by m23uza1hem36 » Tue Apr 7, 2009 12:27 am

Nutty Nats Fan wrote:So the Eagles could have had Boldin and T.J. Houshmandzadeh?

I guess the FO wants to give McNabb a big FU for his request to improve the team. Really sad.

Same old management, they go for the quite non spoken players who help win, not that I have a problem with that...but I want a super bowl championship, not regular season wins.
Follow @mouzaihem
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager

Post#8 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Wed Apr 8, 2009 4:57 am

m23uza1hem36 wrote:Same old management, they go for the quite non spoken players who help win, not that I have a problem with that...but I want a super bowl championship, not regular season wins.

Its more like, they think they don't need any really good receivers, who can catch or get separation from defenders, even though Andy likes to throw it every down. I still can't figure out how they can rationalize that. This team could have at least 1 or 2 Superbowls recently on if they really cared too.
m23uza1hem36
Starter

Post#9 » by m23uza1hem36 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:32 pm

Nutty Nats Fan wrote:
m23uza1hem36 wrote:Same old management, they go for the quite non spoken players who help win, not that I have a problem with that...but I want a super bowl championship, not regular season wins.

Its more like, they think they don't need any really good receivers, who can catch or get separation from defenders, even though Andy likes to throw it every down. I still can't figure out how they can rationalize that. This team could have at least 1 or 2 Superbowls recently on if they really cared too.

I was looking over McNabbs career numbers last night, god dam, this guy is one amazing quarterback, imagine he hadn't missed almost 2.5 seasons of action with injuries :o this guy can play, give him one, not even two, just one above average receiver last few years, we are the New England Patriots...I really think we would of won at least 3 super bowls.

If only T.O had not bitched like a ****...
Follow @mouzaihem
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager

Post#10 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:51 pm

m23uza1hem36 wrote:I was looking over McNabbs career numbers last night, god dam, this guy is one amazing quarterback, imagine he hadn't missed almost 2.5 seasons of action with injuries :o this guy can play, give him one, not even two, just one above average receiver last few years, we are the New England Patriots...I really think we would of won at least 3 super bowls.

If only T.O had not bitched like a ****...

Actually, do you think he misses any time from injury if the team actually invested in receivers over the years? His body has taken more of a beating since Andy wants to throw all the time and he has had to hold the ball longer (at times) while his receivers tried to get open. Or he had to try to make something happen with his legs. I think most of his injuries came from situations like those too.

The ACL I would have called a freak one though.

Really is depressing to think what could have been, if the team had been intelligent. Instead they like having a lot of room under the cap.

True about TO. Sounds like TO's Agent is the mean reason why the Eagles didn't trade for Boldin.

Return to Philadelphia Eagles