We traded up from 21 to 19 and got Jeremy Maclin in the first round
Follow @mouzaihem
Ong_dynasty
Head Coach
And1: 351

Re: 2009 Draft Discussion 

Post#2 » by Ong_dynasty » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:14 am

I wanted Moreno..
But was not available and very happy with this pick!!!
Prefered it to Petitgrew
vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Re: 2009 Draft Discussion 

Post#3 » by vincecarter4pres » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:58 am

I am happy and at the same time very unhappy. I like the Maclin pick, he has a lot of potential and I love the McCoy pick, he was my 2nd favorite running back in this draft.
The reason I am unhappy, is I have a strong feeling we could have put together a package to move up to top 9 and snagged Crabtree, and that is just the best of the worst.
The worst is, if we were going to use a 1st round pick on a reciever anyway, why the @#%$ not throw in another pick, no matter how valuable you can say they are and landed either Braylon or Boldin, I mean seriously?
Just another example of our owners and management being cheap bastards that only spend money on defense and the line, as important as that is. I mean you swing for the fences with Peters and pay him a MASSIVE contract, you already have a contender quality line and defense, or at least close to it, you have a pro bowl QB and RB, a 2nd year stud speed reciever and great special teams, so why not add that final piece, the big time possession reciever and option A playmaker?
Gongzalez would have been awesome pickup. I know he's up there, but he is consistently healthy, one of the top 3 TE's in football and McNabb would do great with a big possession target.
Bah!
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.

Return to Philadelphia Eagles