Moderator: SD2042

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Big Ben suspended 

Post#1 » by SD2042 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:19 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... nfl,235656

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell handed Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger a six game suspension due to his latest troubles stemming from his second accusation of rape by a 20 yr old woman. Unfortunately Ben brought this on himself after going to a place he should not have been to in the first place. Will he finally learn from his latest mistake and use better judgement and common sense in the future?
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Re: Big Ben suspended 

Post#2 » by el loco » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:18 am

I don't know if he will or not, I hope he does. But, I am tired of seeing/hearing his name in the news. He grew up in Findlay, Ohio, which is a place where I have a few relatives around his same age, so I have heard a few stories about him before he became a media whore. It's a shame that he continues to put himself in these situations because on the field he is one of the best in the league at his position. Off the field, he is an accident waiting to happen, and it is getting real old, real fast.
Canomad
Banned User
And1: 69

Post#3 » by Canomad » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:14 am

yes i agree it is getting old real fast. i am relived that he wasnt traded durring the draft. it would suck for us to loose both santonio and ben in the same offseason. with that being said he needs to grow the hell up. maybe the third times a charm with him realizing his lifestyle needs a change.

1 motorcycle accident
2 rape accusation
3 2nd rape accusation

if he dosent get it by now the next problem he has he will be traded, and this time i doubt it would be for a potential top 10 pick. he most likely would be thrown to any team needing a qb for next to nothing.
ahonui06
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#4 » by ahonui06 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:00 am

Is it me or does Big Ben look hung over as **** in this pic?
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#5 » by SD2042 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:47 am

Whatever happens from here on, Ben has to decide whether he wants to be a smart man and make better decisions or continue to be reckless to where he'll find himself down a rabbit hole where he'll never be able to climb out of.
el loco
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#6 » by el loco » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:57 am

I think this marriage is pretty much over, the writing is on the wall. Big Has Ben needs a new start, and so do the Steelers.

There are a lot of what if's surrounding his situation this season as the QB for this team:
What if Byron gets out of the gate well, and is doing a good job?
What if Big Has Ben steps in and does well?
What if he steps in and stinks the place up, he will be rusty?
What if the players on the team continue to show displeasure towards him?
What if he get's a ticket for something else. The guy obviously has a major drinking problem.

Personally, I hope for the 1st what if.

Return to Pittsburgh Steelers