ImageImage

Week 4 Matchup and Game Discussion

Moderator: SD2042

ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect
And1: 76

Re: Week 4 Matchup and Game Discussion 

Post#201 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Mon Oct 3, 2016 12:07 am

bwgood77 wrote:So Carolina and AZ are 1-3. Who would have though that? SD 1-3 as well and they could EASILY be 4-0 with like one play having gone differently in each game.

The thing about SD though is that I don't think they had a chance in the AFC anyway with the Broncos and Pats. If they still get their crap together though their last 8 games are pretty easy. They have to pretty much win the rest of their division games though.

So now Hunter Henry, Travis Benjamin and Melvin Gordon have all fumbled in crucial moments costing them games. Hopefully they learn.

who could have thought Carolina at 1-3? I already told you they wouldnt be that good 8 weeks ago.
So apparently I thought that. :)
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,438

Post#202 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Oct 3, 2016 12:10 am

ErnieDiGregorio wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:So Carolina and AZ are 1-3. Who would have though that? SD 1-3 as well and they could EASILY be 4-0 with like one play having gone differently in each game.

The thing about SD though is that I don't think they had a chance in the AFC anyway with the Broncos and Pats. If they still get their crap together though their last 8 games are pretty easy. They have to pretty much win the rest of their division games though.

So now Hunter Henry, Travis Benjamin and Melvin Gordon have all fumbled in crucial moments costing them games. Hopefully they learn.

who could have thought Carolina at 1-3? I already told you they wouldnt be that good 8 weeks ago.

Good call. :wink:

How bout those Rams!
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,460

Post#203 » by bwgood77 » Mon Oct 3, 2016 12:12 am

ErnieDiGregorio wrote:

But someone (can't remember who) said the first four weeks don't matter. Do you recall who that was?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#204 » by bwgood77 » Mon Oct 3, 2016 12:13 am

OK, time for me to stop talking about the Chargers. As Ernie repeatedly stated long ago, no one cares about them and they don't matter.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,146

Post#205 » by bleu » Mon Oct 3, 2016 12:14 am

Just wait, Carolina is going to be fine, and so are the Cardinals. Everyone flipped last year about the Seahawks too after a slow start. I still think the Panthers win 10 games and the division.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#206 » by bwgood77 » Mon Oct 3, 2016 12:17 am

So how did Cleveland end up losing by 11? I took them +8.5 in BTC and noticed it was close. And of course took Tennessee +6.5 and they lost by 7.

I don't typically change my picks even though I make them early in the week, but I had to switch to Pitt. I think after last week they come out strong and Bell will help.

Plus, KC is overrated and wins by luck more than any team I have ever watched.
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect

Post#207 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Mon Oct 3, 2016 12:20 am

bwgood77 wrote:
ErnieDiGregorio wrote:

But someone (can't remember who) said the first four weeks don't matter. Do you recall who that was?

they dont matter as far as you addressing my season long predictions to not work out. I just answered your immediate question. Are the Panthers doing poorly? yes they are? did I pick them to lose game one? yes I did.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#208 » by bwgood77 » Mon Oct 3, 2016 12:23 am

ErnieDiGregorio wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
ErnieDiGregorio wrote:

they dont matter as far as you addressing my season long predictions to not work out. I just answered your immediate question. Are the Panthers doing poorly? yes they are? did I pick them to lose game one? yes I did.

I asked who would have thought they'd be 0-3. Anyway, the NFC South is always a crapshoot. A different team wins it every year.
ErnieDiGregorio
Pro Prospect

Post#209 » by ErnieDiGregorio » Mon Oct 3, 2016 12:24 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
ErnieDiGregorio wrote:

Good call. :wink:

How bout those Rams!

I picked the Cards. I hate losing on picks lol.
but sure, as Rams fan its amusing for now.
but I cant see any games outside of local so I have no idea how or what happened.
I doubt the Cards tank it yet. Who QB'd for the Rams? a fan in the Stands?
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#210 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Oct 3, 2016 12:25 am

bwgood77 wrote:Most Chargers fans want Mike McCoy gone. I thought he was ok. But I think what happens is for whatever reason this team probably feels like I do, that they will find a way to blow the game. They need a coach that is more of a disciplinarian back. I'd welcome Marty Schottenheimer back.

Isn't it funny how you never miss Marty ball until you see the alternative? My buddy (Redskins fan) feels exactly the same way as you do... and he feels even worse because Marty never got a legitimate chance in D.C.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#211 » by bwgood77 » Mon Oct 3, 2016 12:31 am

Roadhog Moran wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Most Chargers fans want Mike McCoy gone. I thought he was ok. But I think what happens is for whatever reason this team probably feels like I do, that they will find a way to blow the game. They need a coach that is more of a disciplinarian back. I'd welcome Marty Schottenheimer back.

Isn't it funny how you never miss Marty ball until you see the alternative? My buddy (Redskins fan) feels exactly the same way as you do... and he feels even worse because Marty never got a legitimate chance in D.C.

No, I loved Marty Ball. Contrary to belief, he is FAR less conservative than people think. Norv and McCoy are far more conservative. Norv always ran on 1st and 2nd down...like clockwork. McCoy trieds too hard to run out clock and keep leads.

Marty had LaDainian doing halfback passes and had trickery. I think because he is such a disciplinarian that he has overachieved based on talent with the Browns and Chiefs in the past and loses in the playoffs, but in my opinion it's due to simply facing superior talent. Well, and with Cleveland, the fumble and the drive...but Kosar was no Elway. In KC they always overachieved relative to talent.

When he went 14-2 in SD and they lost in the playoffs (not his fault) he got fired because he had a disagreement with AJ Smith (wanted to hire his son as OC)...worst mistake ever.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,759

Post#212 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Mon Oct 3, 2016 12:51 am

Why did they go for 2 there?
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#213 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Oct 3, 2016 12:57 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:

No, I loved Marty Ball. Contrary to belief, he is FAR less conservative than people think. Norv and McCoy are far more conservative. Norv always ran on 1st and 2nd down...like clockwork. McCoy trieds too hard to run out clock and keep leads.

Marty had LaDainian doing halfback passes and had trickery. I think because he is such a disciplinarian that he has overachieved based on talent with the Browns and Chiefs in the past and loses in the playoffs, but in my opinion it's due to simply facing superior talent. Well, and with Cleveland, the fumble and the drive...but Kosar was no Elway. In KC they always overachieved relative to talent.

When he went 14-2 in SD and they lost in the playoffs (not his fault) he got fired because he had a disagreement with AJ Smith (wanted to hire his son as OC)...worst mistake ever.

I was a fan too. The man could coach and it's a damn shame what happened to him in SD and D.C. People don't know that back in the 80's Tex Schramm had plans for him to replace Landry. I wrote about it in the Cowboys forum. Things worked out in the end but I thought he would have been a perfect fit here at the time.

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#214 » by bwgood77 » Mon Oct 3, 2016 12:59 am

Roadhog Moran wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:

I was a fan too. The man could coach and it's a damn shame what happened to him in SD and D.C. People don't know that back in the 80's Tex Schramm had plans for him to replace Landry. I wrote about it in the Cowboys forum. Things worked out in the end but I thought he would have been a perfect fit here at the time.

He would be a great coach for any team that needs one. I don't know where his son is, but I imagine he has a lot of the same traits, though I guess you never know with that.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#215 » by bleu » Mon Oct 3, 2016 1:02 am

GoRapstheoriginal wrote:Why did they go for 2 there?

Guess they just wanted two points. Interesting decision, but I'm kind of surprised that more teams haven't done it more often since they moved the extra point back. I don't know what the percentages are, but it seems like teams convert on those far more often than not. I like it.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#216 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Oct 3, 2016 1:03 am

Well... I'd say the Steelers have moved on from Philly.
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#217 » by bleu » Mon Oct 3, 2016 1:04 am

Roadhog Moran wrote:Well... I'd say the Steelers have moved on from Philly.

They are looking really nice, more like the team I expected them to be this year. I do think KC gets themselves back in this though and makes it a game.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#218 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Oct 3, 2016 1:07 am

Wow. You know it's going badly for your team when arguably the best punter in the league does that...
bleu
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#219 » by bleu » Mon Oct 3, 2016 1:09 am

Or maybe not. This sure looks ugly right now.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#220 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Oct 3, 2016 1:10 am

bleu wrote:
Roadhog Moran wrote:Well... I'd say the Steelers have moved on from Philly.

They are looking really nice, more like the team I expected them to be this year. I do think KC gets themselves back in this though and makes it a game.

They had better hurry. This thing may be over before halftime.

Return to Pittsburgh Steelers