2019 free agency and trade ideas: Chapter 2 A Guardian Forward

Moderator: bwgood77

Which of these non top tier PGs would you most rather we settled for, if we had to?

Ball
No votes
Beverley
No votes
Collison
No votes
Jones
No votes
McConnell
No votes
Rubio
No votes
Satoransky
No votes
Wright
No votes

Total votes: 0

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 31,552

Re: 2019 free agency and trade ideas: Chapter 2 A Guardian Forward 

Post#721 » by bwgood77 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:59 am

pelifan wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
pelifan wrote:
we're rich

It's interesting reading this and given the defensive guys you will have in Jrue, Ball and Zion, that he would want to add a shooter but questions Garland because of his defense. Seems that backcourt is one that could handle it. I could see a team like ours hesitating because of that.

I think I like Hunter the most for fit on the Pelicans....just a versatile defender but great shooter next to him....could even go 4/5 in small ball at times.

Read on Twitter

I mean you gotta go BPA.

By history of similar height, age, style, college, production that guy would be Culver
By what I've seen on tape that'd be Hunter
By the direction the game is going and visual pop that'd be Garland

really hard choice. I think they all fit fine longterm. But Culver is probably the worst fit. In any case, I hope they dont trade out.

Well yeah, BPA is always easy for people to say, but unless it's obvious it's in the eye of the beholder. Plus, you have one and done guys against multiple year guys...where were Hunter and Culver ranked after their first years? Not high. Not that it should matter.

I think it is all so close that it comes down to fit. Now if you did want to trade Lonzo and/or Ingram for sharp shooters, Culver seems like the perfect back court guy with Jrue. That tweet goes on with more discussion like trading down and adding Goga Bitadze as a pick/pop floor spacing option with Zion and also he mentions trading Jrue to the Bulls for Porter and 7 and taking White there....I guess after taking Culver at 4...so you'd have Culver, White and Ball rotating in the back court, or in sall ball Culver could play 3.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 31,552

Post#722 » by bwgood77 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:18 pm

lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 10,004

Post#723 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:51 am

Why is this thread in the Charger's forum? hmmm
alamin330 wrote:This draft reminds me of the 2003 draft.
Lebron - Zion, Barrett like Melo, wade like Culver, garland like tj ford, hunter like bosh, white like Barbosa, Clarke like David West. I think this draft is actually going to be deeper though

Return to Los Angeles Chargers