Rivers' Extension

Moderator: bwgood77

matt131
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,758

Rivers' Extension 

Post#1 » by matt131 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:35 am

Phillip Rivers gets 4 year extension at $83.250 million and $65 million guaranteed.

I'm happy for him and the Chargers, but they still have some work to do before a super bowl run is possible. Need some better pass rushers and that O line needs to step it up and keep Rivers on his feet. I'm hoping for the best during the next 4 years (and we sure as heck better not move to LA/Carson) and I'm glad Rivers is going to be part of it.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,074

Re: Rivers' Extension 

Post#2 » by bwgood77 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:16 pm

matt131 wrote:Phillip Rivers gets 4 year extension at $83.250 million and $65 million guaranteed.

I'm happy for him and the Chargers, but they still have some work to do before a super bowl run is possible. Need some better pass rushers and that O line needs to step it up and keep Rivers on his feet. I'm hoping for the best during the next 4 years (and we sure as heck better not move to LA/Carson) and I'm glad Rivers is going to be part of it.

Saw that and was stoked. Hopefully they take care of Weddle too, but I was concerned with the whole Rivers situation.
matt131
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,758

Re: Rivers' Extension 

Post#3 » by matt131 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:08 pm

Yeah, I was scared we'd trade him or just let him go. Apparently this contract has a no trade clause as well. Seems like Rivers will be a charger for the rest of his career.

I have a feeling we won't resign weddle. I love him, but I think the team wants to move on. I'm not sure why. He's not thaaat old, and he's the heart and soul and leader of our defense. Fans love him too.

Return to Los Angeles Chargers