Other
No votes

Total votes: 0

SK21209
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,835

Who should the Chargers draft at #17 

Post#1 » by SK21209 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:20 pm

Subject line says it all, who do you want the Chargers to take with the 17th overall pick? We've obviously plugged a lot of wholes in free agency, but the right side of the offensive line is still a question mark with Aboushi still being a free agent and Norton/Pipkins as our only current options at RT. We could also use more speed on offense and depth everywhere on defense.

Personally, I want Jameson Williams at #17. I think adding his pure speed to the receivers group is the one move on the board that can take the offense from very good to Chiefs-esque unstoppable. Obviously you want to have the best player possible at every position, but we don't need a star at RG or RT. We just need guys who can hold up reasonably well and only require some help (not constant help, like Norton in that Raiders game).

If Williams isn't there, my second choice is Devonte Wyatt. He's a better, more well-rounded interior defensive lineman than Davis. He's basically what we hoped Tillery would be; an athletic, disruptive interior defender who can both stop the run and get after the quarterback. A three-headed monster of Wyatt, Austin Johnson and Sebastian Joseph-Day with guys like Fehoko and Covington as depth pieces looks great to me.

Return to Los Angeles Chargers