ImageImageImageImageImage

What do you guys think about getting Arod next year

Head Leader
Sixth Man
And1: 17

What do you guys think about getting Arod next year 

Post#1 » by Head Leader » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:19 am

Obviously our owners arent selling.

Im sure they will look for a big name bat to sign in the offseason to keep the lemmings buying season tickets after Bonds goes to the AL

Would you guys be happier if we got A-Rod next season and Perhaps maybe Cabrera??
FaTaL
Veteran
And1: 11

Post#2 » by FaTaL » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:52 am

one hitter wont make a difference, they need 3-4 hitters.
Head Leader
Sixth Man

Post#3 » by Head Leader » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:02 am

FaTaL wrote:one hitter wont make a difference, they need 3-4 hitters.

based on past history they wont get 3-4 hitters they would most likely go after that bgi name to get fans to come.

so my question was based more on not what we KNOW needs to happen, but what they would most likely do.
backer55
Senior
And1: 1

Post#4 » by backer55 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:21 am

510. Your right, this team needs a frame-off restoration. That won't put people in the seats. Fact is, the yard's attendence would, in my guess, drop off considerably.

Getting A-Rod probably will not help to put a winning team on the field and he comes with a huge, i mean REALLY BIG, price tag.

Keeping Bonds for his final year would be cheaper and there is #800 for the fans to drool over. Still don't win **** unless they get A-Rod to play also. That has major possibilities but i doubt they will spend the money.

Get a couple new younger guys by trading a couple of our young stud pitching prospects and try a rebuilding era within a budget. That's my guess, but who knows what their going to do.
opzoneworld
Junior
And1: 0

Post#5 » by opzoneworld » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:56 pm

I really believe they will offer the world to A-Rod and he will be a Giant next year. They will let him pick SS or 3B and they will build around him like they did with Bonds. That means more vets and less draft picks and the process repeats itself.

As they already say with Bonds, "If you have the best player in the game, you have to win with him now." Bonds was the best player in his time, A'Rod will be in his.
Head Leader
Sixth Man

Post#6 » by Head Leader » Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:23 pm

opzoneworld wrote:I really believe they will offer the world to A-Rod and he will be a Giant next year. They will let him pick SS or 3B and they will build around him like they did with Bonds. That means more vets and less draft picks and the process repeats itself.

As they already say with Bonds, "If you have the best player in the game, you have to win with him now." Bonds was the best player in his time, A'Rod will be in his.

I agree and thats why i asked the question...

Would you be supportive of the deal?
opzoneworld
Junior

Post#7 » by opzoneworld » Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:50 pm

I honestly do not know. It is hard to say no, I dont want him hear. I mean how can you? Look at those numbers. On the other hand, one player is not going to change this thing. It is too far gone for that. If they are going to skip the draft each year and put all their eggs on the FA market then I do not want him here.
ticknyler
Junior

Post#8 » by ticknyler » Mon Jul 2, 2007 6:43 am

We need to trade away most of our position players this year for some decent problems and $$$ relief. We dump, Winn, Feliz, Visquel, Morris, Durahm.

We convince Bonds to take a huge paycut if he wants to win and sign for about 5 million.

Sign A-Rod to a 6 year 120 mill.
Sign M-Cabera to a 7 year 120 mill

Next years Lineup

Roberts-CF-6 mill
Fransden- SS-min
Cabrera-3B-17 mill
Bonds-LF-5 mill
A-Rod-SS-20 mill
Klesko-1B-2 mill
Molina-C-4 mill
Lewis-RF-min

Aurillia-2 mill
Alfonzo-C-min
Ortemier-OF-min
Shierholtz-OF-min
Util-infielder-2 mill

Rotation
Zito-16 mill
Cain-3 mill
Lowry-3 mill
Lincecum-min
Sanchez-min

Bullpen-
Hennessy-CL-min
Messenger-min
Kline-2 mill
Correia-min
Sadler-min
Wilson-min
Taschner-min

That puts the payroll right around 90 million, 100 million if Bonds doesnt take a pay cut. I tell Bonds, you play for 5 million, we use the spare change on an Elite closer and then you really got a team that will content.
FaTaL
Veteran
And1: 11

Post#9 » by FaTaL » Mon Jul 2, 2007 7:09 am

cabrera isnt a fa until 09 and arod wont come here unless he has a good bat hitting behind him
GS Warriors 1
General Manager
And1: 456

Post#10 » by GS Warriors 1 » Mon Jul 2, 2007 7:10 pm

ticknyler wrote:
We convince Bonds to take a huge paycut if he wants to win and sign for about 5 million.

LMAO.

Return to San Francisco Giants