Moderator: bwgood77

BlackMamba
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 81

Conference Final - Chargers @ Patriots 

Post#1 » by BlackMamba » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:15 pm

ImageImage

After the shaky start, honestly, who could have thought the Chargers would be one win away from the Super Bowl.

And to make it even more interesting the rival is the New England Patriots, a team that seems destined to maybe be tagged as the greatest team ever to play in the NFL.

While the Chargers are 12-5 with an 8 game winning streak, the Patriots are 17-0 with a stunning 17 winning streak, looking to be the along the Dolphins as the only teams to have a perfect season.

And the game couldn't be better. This is a rematch and the Chargers want payback.

Last season the Chargers were for many a clear Super Bowl team and a Super Bowl winner. What happened? The team once again failed to meet expectations and lost at home to the New England Patriots.

This year things are the same but in a different way. Now New England are the clear favorites and the Chargers are the underdogs.

But what's to say about this underdogs? That as the season grew they grew and started to play strong and have outstanding performances as individuals and as a team.

LT once again is the NFL rushing champion and Rivers has turned into a smarter QB and has proven he can indeed make plays that win games. The Chargers have gained their composure and are showing a winners attitude.

Also, the coaching staff has improved and have been patient, now the result is a smart balanced offense with a very concentrated and aggressive defense.

What gives the Pats the edge? Of course Brady and Moss, but in this game it could be the lack of Rivers or LT and a not so healthy Gates.

But, should we be worried? I say no. In the crucial game vs. the Colts (the reigning Champs) backup players showed they can play as well as the starters.

So, don't let the numbers fool you, the Chargers will not go down without a fight, and once the snowball is going down the mountain, almost nothing can stop it.

GOOOOOO CHARGEEEEEEEEEERRRRRSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#2 » by LLcoleJ » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:43 am

Oh man, I am pumped, nervous, anxious, excited, stoked, antsy and ready for the upset of the century.

I think if we win this game we can beat the Pac or NY. It would be awesome to go to the Superbowl and be even sweeter to be the spoilers!!

Go Chargers!

Carlsbad will be representing!
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
maseda17
Senior
And1: 1

Post#3 » by maseda17 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:40 pm

Good to see this enthusiasm the only problem is the Chargers will lose.
CJ_18
Assistant Coach
And1: 35

Post#4 » by CJ_18 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:14 pm

Image how HUGE it would be if we could pull the upset. Theyll be talking about it for the next 30 years.

maseda17, we have plenty of talent just like the pats..if we play a good game we could very well keep it close.
BlackMamba
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by BlackMamba » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:27 am

yeah, i've read LT seems to be at a perfect playing level, but i haven't read anything about rivers.

and i also can't wait for the game. many see the pats winning even by 14 pts!! but that won't happen.

people, prepare for an upset, the biggest in the nfl?
CJ_18
Assistant Coach

Post#6 » by CJ_18 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:27 pm

BlackMamba wrote:yeah, i've read LT seems to be at a perfect playing level, but i haven't read anything about rivers.

and i also can't wait for the game. many see the pats winning even by 14 pts!! but that won't happen.

people, prepare for an upset, the biggest in the nfl?

Yes, LT is supposed to be ready to play but Rivers is a 'game time decision.'
Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 19,482

Post#7 » by Doctor MJ » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:28 pm

Great post Mamba.

Team of destiny y'all!
Getting ready for the RealGM 100 on the PC Board

Come join the WNBA Board if you're a fan!
BlackMamba
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by BlackMamba » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:57 pm

the day has come, i'm real eager for the game to start!!!
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,568

Post#9 » by hermes » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:38 pm

i'm hoping for a good game is all
i think the pats will win
AAU Teammate
RealGM
And1: 803

Post#10 » by AAU Teammate » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:44 pm

Boomer Esaison just said that extreme cold weather favors the underdog. That's about the dumbest thing I have ever heard
krustytheclown
Lead Assistant
And1: 8

Post#11 » by krustytheclown » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:04 pm

giants fan here: this is a great game between two great teams! hopefully we'll see you guys in a few weeks :wink:
CJ_18
Assistant Coach

Post#12 » by CJ_18 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:19 pm

^

haha, if we can hopefully can keep it close and actually get the ball into the endzone and do the unthinkable, in 2 weeks LT, Rivers and Gates should be back and refreshed. So watch out.

but you guys have the pack to worry about.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#13 » by LLcoleJ » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:21 pm

we are keeping it close, thats all we need to do, with a chance to win in the 4th
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
BlackMamba
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by BlackMamba » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:47 pm

well, i think LT was deffintely a strong factor in todays game.

rivers was making some good plays, taking the chargers to the red zone, but when it was time to deliver missing gates and LT was a very strong factor against the chargers.

the defense did a good job containing the passing game, but man, the patriots are so good.

it sucks to say it, but 'till next season...

Return to Los Angeles Chargers