ImageImageImageImageImage

2017-18 CFB SEASON / '18 NFL DRAFT

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Re: 2017-18 CFB SEASON / '18 NFL DRAFT 

Post#661 » by NinerSickness » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:38 am

Ray_Dogg wrote:This would be better answered after Bowl season but right now I have Chubb, Denzel Ward

Me after the Niners draft Denzel Ward or Roquan Smith in the top 7:

Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#662 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:33 pm

NinerSickness wrote:
Ray_Dogg wrote:This would be better answered after Bowl season but right now I have Chubb, Denzel Ward

Me after the Niners draft Denzel Ward or Roquan Smith in the top 7:

Clearly, he deserves to go in the top 10. I only named, what 7 or 8 players that I would take ahead of him. So if we were to trade back, let’s say at pick 8 or 9 I can DEFINITELY live with that pick. I’m just not comfortable selecting Barkley or Nelson in the top 5.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#663 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:45 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:I’m just not comfortable selecting Barkley or Nelson in the top 5.

The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#664 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:46 pm

I don't what to make of Chubb, after going 3 str8 with DL, idk.... I don't sense he's going to be a pass rusher that would take this defense to the next level. Maybe I'm wrong hopefully.

Don't like falling that far back with Buffalo, unless guys drop, doesn't make sense to me.
The ModFather

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#665 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:48 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
That’s what I’m saying Ray!! I just can’t...!

Let me ask you both this: whom would you rather have? A rich man's Brandon Scherff or a poor man's Sammy Watkins? Because I think those are fair assessments of Nelson & Ridley.

Nelson is the next Bruce Matthews. Maybe not the next Larry Allen, but he's close.

Well Ridley is not even my #1 ranked receiver. That honor goes to Christian Kirk.

Christian Kirk = Tyreek Hill
But a better version!

My honest opinion, if it were up to me, I’d go with Lamar Jackson with our top 5 five pick. Rosen is now out of our reach. After selecting Jackson, then I’d focus in trying to get Kirk in the second round.

Trade Jimmy for a late first early second round pick. It sounds backward but it would be worth it. My gut feeling tells me that Jackson is going to be a stud player in the NFL. You surround that guy with some real talent he’d be a nightmare to gameplan against.

Nelson is a beast. But he’s still a guard. The only guard I would draft in the top 5 is Larry Allen.

wouldn't it be easier to add to Jimmy G than to Lamar now?
The ModFather

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#666 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:58 pm

Also, I want Mike Gesicki TE from PSU... carry on.
The ModFather

Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#667 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:26 am

CalamityX12 wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:
Let me ask you both this: whom would you rather have? A rich man's Brandon Scherff or a poor man's Sammy Watkins? Because I think those are fair assessments of Nelson & Ridley.

Nelson is the next Bruce Matthews. Maybe not the next Larry Allen, but he's close.

Well Ridley is not even my #1 ranked receiver. That honor goes to Christian Kirk.

But a better version!

My honest opinion, if it were up to me, I’d go with Lamar Jackson with our top 5 five pick. Rosen is now out of our reach. After selecting Jackson, then I’d focus in trying to get Kirk in the second round.

Trade Jimmy for a late first early second round pick. It sounds backward but it would be worth it. My gut feeling tells me that Jackson is going to be a stud player in the NFL. You surround that guy with some real talent he’d be a nightmare to gameplan against.

Nelson is a beast. But he’s still a guard. The only guard I would draft in the top 5 is Larry Allen.

Not at all. I think Lynch is a genius:
Deep breath. Relax, 49ers fans. Some of this report does make some sense. At the same time, it does make one wonder why John Lynch would give up a high pick for Jimmy Garoppolo if the Niners are expecting to go elsewhere.

Anyway, ESPN’s Adam Schefter is reporting that the 49ers aren’t yet 100 percent sold on a “long-term partnership” with Garoppolo.

Per Schefter’s report:
With a potential pick among the top two in the 2018 NFL draft and roughly $60 million in salary-cap space in the offseason, the 49ers ultimately could decide to draft their quarterback of the future or use some of their money to sign a free-agent quarterback such as Washington’s Kirk Cousins, sources said.

If the 49ers decide to not sign Garoppolo to a long-term deal, they could use a franchise tag on him and then dangle him to the highest bidder in a trade,” adds Schefter. “If they were to do that, there would be interest, sources said, and they could possibly get back more than the second-round pick they surrendered
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#668 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:19 am

Baker Mayfield - QB - Sooners

Browns GM John Dorsey called Oklahoma senior Baker Mayfield "a good quarterback, no matter how tall he is."

Dorsey says he has watched six Mayfield games and brought up names like Russell Wilson and Chase Daniel. There's quite a gap between those two, but Dorsey has history with Daniel dating back to his Chiefs days. Mayfield's name will be linked with the Browns, but remember that Hue Jackson has a height threshold of 6-foot-2 inches. So if Mayfield is the pick, a simple explanation is Dorsey overruled him.
Source: SI.com

Dec 13 - 2:05 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#669 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:24 am

Jaire Alexander - DB - Cardinals

Louisville junior CB Jaire Alexander is waiting on his draft grade from the NFL Draft Advisory Board.

Alexander's father says a second round pick or better would be an ideal evaluation for Alexander to turn pro, but there is no cut-off. The article below actually adds a new piece of information to the draft process, as the board requests the player and his family to submit which three games they want to be evaluated.
Source: Courier Journal

Dec 13 - 12:11 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#670 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:26 am

Mason Rudolph - QB - Cowboys

Oklahoma State QB Mason Rudolph accepted an invitation to the Senior Bowl.

Five quarterbacks have accepted an invitation to the all-star game. Six is the standard number, but the event featured eight quarterbacks in 2016 so a few more names could be on the way... namely Baker Mayfield. At times, Rudolph has received plenty of love thanks to his touch and size. However, he and Mayfield have gone in different directions this season. A top two or three round pick might be in his future.
Source: Senior Bowl on Twitter

Dec 13 - 11:10 AM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#671 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:29 am

Orlando Brown - T - Sooners

NFL Media's Lance Zierlein believes Oklahoma junior Orland Brown could emerge as the top T prospect in the 2018 NFL Draft.

Zierlein is extremely plugged into the NFL evaluation process, specifically offensive linemen. So, when Zierlein states "I think Orlando b\Brown probably goes 1st based on what I know so far" when asked which prospect at the position will be drafted first, we listen. Brown is a mountain of a man, with a listed size of 6-foot-8 and 342-pounds. Oklahoma's offensive line was one of the best in the country this season.
Source: Lance Zierlein on Twitter

Dec 13 - 10:43 AM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#672 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:31 am

Quenton Nelson - G - Fighting Irish

Notre Dame redshirt junior G Quenton Nelson, Notre Dame senior T Mike McGlinchey and Texas senior T Connor Williams could all land in the top 10 or 15 picks, according to Albert Breer.

Again, we are so early in the process, but Breer is certainly clued into NFL thinking and what names might be at the top of positions of need. Teams are always looking to shore up their front five, but it is clear those picks aren't as "safe" as once thought.

Dec 13 - 10:19 AM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#673 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:34 am

Lamar Jackson - QB - Cardinals

SI's Albert Breer would be surprised if Louisville junior QB Lamar Jackson is selected in the first round.

Breer insinuates the NFL views Jackson as the same player now as he was going into 2016. The questions include anticipation, process a pro offense and the belief Jackson is "more thrower than passer." This topic will be discussed throughout the entire draft process. What we do know is Jackson is one of the top playmakers at his position in years.

Dec 13 - 10:05 AM
ChrisPozz
RealGM
And1: 450

Post#674 » by ChrisPozz » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:59 am

Read on Twitter
ChrisPozz
RealGM
And1: 450

Post#675 » by ChrisPozz » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:00 am

Read on Twitter
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant

Post#676 » by NinerSickness » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:15 am

A couple of later-round guys who might be peeking my interest:

Jeff Holland, DE Auburn
Cedrick Wilson, WR Boise St.

...Along w/ the TE from the cocks & the C from Ohio state, but I already mentioned them.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant

Post#677 » by NinerSickness » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:51 am

:lol:
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#678 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:32 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:

But a better version!

Not at all. I think Lynch is a genius:
Deep breath. Relax, 49ers fans. Some of this report does make some sense. At the same time, it does make one wonder why John Lynch would give up a high pick for Jimmy Garoppolo if the Niners are expecting to go elsewhere.

Anyway, ESPN’s Adam Schefter is reporting that the 49ers aren’t yet 100 percent sold on a “long-term partnership” with Garoppolo.

Per Schefter’s report:
With a potential pick among the top two in the 2018 NFL draft and roughly $60 million in salary-cap space in the offseason, the 49ers ultimately could decide to draft their quarterback of the future or use some of their money to sign a free-agent quarterback such as Washington’s Kirk Cousins, sources said.

If the 49ers decide to not sign Garoppolo to a long-term deal, they could use a franchise tag on him and then dangle him to the highest bidder in a trade,” adds Schefter. “If they were to do that, there would be interest, sources said, and they could possibly get back more than the second-round pick they surrendered

https://www.ninersnation.com/2017/12/13/16771554/jimmy-garoppolo-trade-scenario-49ers

that would be VERY interesting to go with.....
The ModFather

NinerSickness
Lead Assistant

Post#680 » by NinerSickness » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:51 am

Interesting later-round prospect: TJ Edwards, MLB Wisconsin. Can cover & take on blockers. Seems to have great awareness.

Return to San Francisco 49ers