ImageImageImageImageImage

How much longer can we allow this?

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

Re: How much longer can we allow this? 

Post#21 » by I_am_1z » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:19 pm

The Saints don't really matter to be honest. If the special teams doesn't give the Saints momentum, and the 49ers had a Dee Ford healthy enough to take the field, this would have been a MUCH different game.

I do like that the one read attack really won that game. Forcing the ball to anyone Eli Apple was guarding was a great, simplistic idea. Now, right before the 4th down where Kittle saved the day, there was a play where it looked like the Saints sent an all out blitz. We have multiple guys running free (from the looks of it) and just needed two yards, but instead forced it into Kittle's hands. It's nice to see Deebo and Sanders continuing to assert their dominance (when healthy).

I tip my cap moreso to Shanahan than Jimmy this game. Thankful we're not running Coleman anymore. Now it looks like we have 3 RBs that are better than Coleman and McKinnon. Let's hope Lynch does all the grocery shopping and Shanny continues to be the chef in the kitchen.
Bald Bull
Veteran
And1: 155

Post#22 » by Bald Bull » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:48 pm

I_am_1z wrote:The Saints don't really matter to be honest. If the special teams doesn't give the Saints momentum, and the 49ers had a Dee Ford healthy enough to take the field, this would have been a MUCH different game.

I do like that the one read attack really won that game. Forcing the ball to anyone Eli Apple was guarding was a great, simplistic idea. Now, right before the 4th down where Kittle saved the day, there was a play where it looked like the Saints sent an all out blitz. We have multiple guys running free (from the looks of it) and just needed two yards, but instead forced it into Kittle's hands. It's nice to see Deebo and Sanders continuing to assert their dominance (when healthy).

I tip my cap moreso to Shanahan than Jimmy this game. Thankful we're not running Coleman anymore. Now it looks like we have 3 RBs that are better than Coleman and McKinnon. Let's hope Lynch does all the grocery shopping and Shanny continues to be the chef in the kitchen.

Yoshi
Senior
And1: 30

Post#23 » by Yoshi » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:27 pm

I_am_1z wrote:The Saints don't really matter to be honest. If the special teams doesn't give the Saints momentum, and the 49ers had a Dee Ford healthy enough to take the field, this would have been a MUCH different game.

Problem is that Dee Ford already came here with history issues, and unfortunately, it's headed towards a downward slope from this point forward. He's been effective when great, but the 49ers should highly consider moving on from Ford at some point to free up salary to retain some/most of their FA's while trying to build depth with their OL and LB positions. He's just not the most durable of athletes.

There's something to be said about Shanahan and his playcalling, as he's been involved with Matt Ryan and RG III in the past. However, I look at as a teacher student kind of relationship - a teacher has ideas to share and there is that one student in that class that can play those notions out to near perfection (i.e. Walsh when he groomed Montana). Jimmy G, with his flaws, is still learning the game. I mentioned in another post that I agree with a few of you in that I'm not the biggest fan of Jimmy, although this performance in a hostile environment against a top 5 defense at the time (according to DVOA) deserves some praise.
We're bringing the Axe back home to where it belongs! What do you see? UC Berkeley Fan of the SF Giants, 49ers, Warriors, Alabama Crimson Tide, Cal Bears, La Furia Roja, Three Lions, FC Barcelona, Arsenal FC, & the NZ All Blacks Rugby Team.
I_am_1z
Starter

Post#24 » by I_am_1z » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:45 am

Didn't watch or catch any of the highlights but NFL twitter thinks Shanahan mismanaged another game.

To everyone's surprise I'm sure
Dodub
General Manager
And1: 516

Post#25 » by Dodub » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:43 am

I_am_1z wrote:Didn't watch or catch any of the highlights but NFL twitter thinks Shanahan mismanaged another game.

To everyone's surprise I'm sure

Hahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
generaldreedle
Senior
And1: 46

Post#26 » by generaldreedle » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:05 pm

This, exactly this. Jimmy is 20-5 as a starter with 7 comeback drives. He has less starts than Baker Mayfield and Lamar Jackson, he has issues but he's also played some pretty good football. As for Shanahan you have to be kidding me, the dude held this team together through injuries and losing seasons and an unbelievable run playing teams at 8-2. Yes everyone has flaws, but Christ, there's nothing about his discipline or anything else that is a huge flaw.
Bald Bull wrote:if you weren't just a troll, i'd think you where the worst kind of fair weather fan on earth. your team is 10-2 only lost by a combined 6 points on last second field goals to two of the beast teams in the league, and your pathetic ass is whining cause they arent perfect. you sound stupid.

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app
Dodub
General Manager
And1: 516

Post#27 » by Dodub » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:17 pm

Only 13-3 and home field advantage throughout the playoffs?! Only beating the #2, #3, #5 seeds in the regular season?!

How much more of this can we take? This is completely unacceptable!!!! Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!

Fire EVERYONE!!!!!
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 969

Post#28 » by CrimsonCrew » Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:40 pm

Dodub wrote:Only 13-3 and home field advantage throughout the playoffs?! Only beating the #2, #3, #5 seeds in the regular season?!

How much more of this can we take? This is completely unacceptable!!!! Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!

Fire EVERYONE!!!!!

The thing that has impressed me more is that they haven't had any collapses. They have played some bad games (Steelers, first Hawks game, Falcons), but the team has showed incredible grit to stay in every game. Their three losses were all last-minute things where the game easily could have gone either way. Hell, two of them were three-point losses where we missed makeable, though long-ish FGs earlier in the game.
I_am_1z
Starter

Post#29 » by I_am_1z » Mon Feb 3, 2020 4:05 am

Good season boys. Maybe next year shanny will finally understand the importance of running the ball
a8bil
Analyst
And1: 1,677

Post#30 » by a8bil » Mon Feb 3, 2020 9:55 pm

There was a strange shift in playcalling down the stretch. KS seemed to abandon the pre-snap movement and stretch zone runs in favor of running straight up into the KC defense. Problem is, KC's defense showed the ability to shut down anyone, including Henry, running tackle to tackle. I understand that generally the risky plays are used when there is a chance to recover from them, i.e., early rather than late in the game, but to a certain extent you gotta run what got you there. Strange play calling once again.

Return to San Francisco 49ers