Yoshi
Senior
And1: 30

Re: GDT: 49ERS VS DOLPHINS 

Post#221 » by Yoshi » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:40 pm

thesack12 wrote:
Yoshi wrote:
thesack12 wrote:
Probably because Quinn is a defensive minded coach & Kyle called the offensive plays.

You're over complicating this.

No I think you're having an agenda you're sticking too, or perhaps you want to see it for what it's worth without seeing the full picture.

Agenda for what? This is a sports message board, it ain't that deep bro.

I simply posted factual information regarding the team's record. A Lot of people tend to be reactional in the moment, and lose sight of context.

Case in point, masses of people were saying that Kaepernick was a turnover waiting to happen after that one Arizona game when he threw 4 picks. However in reality, Kaep has the 3rd lowest INT% in the history of the NFL. People are reactionary

And you're not reactionary, bro? I was at the Packers game and Jimmy had a play that caused Kyle to question him throughout that game's entirety. It doesn't surprise you that a lot of pundits were questioning his ability to lead a team to a SB victory because of his lack of a big arm or propensity to not do his checkdowns on passing plays?

Being reactionary is part of the human psyche, otherwise you and I would have closed down this discussion right from the get go.
We're bringing the Axe back home to where it belongs! What do you see? UC Berkeley Fan of the SF Giants, 49ers, Warriors, Alabama Crimson Tide, Cal Bears, La Furia Roja, Three Lions, FC Barcelona, Arsenal FC, & the NZ All Blacks Rugby Team.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#222 » by CalamityX12 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:40 pm

Dolphins looking like a powerhouse at 3-1.... oh wait a minute, they’re 1-3.....
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 968

Post#223 » by CrimsonCrew » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:40 pm

Yoshi wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:
Yoshi wrote:
Here, I'm a little pissed as everyone else is here. If the Niners make a late run there's a chance to make the PO's with the extra playoff spot. Definitely helps with the fact that HFA doesn't matter this year with stadiums being at most 25% capacity, although that is a fluid situation with the possibility teams will want to challenge that number to create more of an advantage for their sake.

If we had won today, we would have still been right in the mix for a WC spot. But losing badly to the Dolphins with our upcoming schedule? There's no chance unless we run the table over the second half of the season.

Yeah honestly I doubt we're making the PO's this year. The writing was on the wall once Bosa, our best defender, went out in the Meadowlands. Mathematically there's still a chance but realistically it's not possible. Too many injuries and too many concerns with depth will lead to some overhauls/ridding ourselves of dead weight. I'll be pissed if Lynch drafts another DL in the first round, but it'll probably another position as we are looking at losing Ford plus the majority of our CB's being free agents next year.

There was a chance we could have withstood the Bosa injury, but it would have required everything else falling into place. Losing Bosa and Ford is something we probably couldn't have rebounded from, and when combined with all the other injuries, it's just too much. It's frustrating, because with Verrett playing well, if our CBs were actually healthy, we're five-deep with good players, and Witherspoon as a sixth is at least tolerable (my commends a moment ago aside).
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#224 » by CalamityX12 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:40 pm

Saw Quinn being fired, i am no way a proponent for a Quinn chase at DC
The ModFather

thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,253

Post#225 » by thesack12 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:40 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:Witherspoon is so bad. It's like he doesn't understand that he's supposed to defend the ball.

Yeah its weird, he actually has solid cover skills but its almost like he forgets that there is a ball being used in this sport.
Yoshi
Senior

Post#226 » by Yoshi » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:42 pm

thesack12 wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:Witherspoon is so bad. It's like he doesn't understand that he's supposed to defend the ball.

Yeah its weird, he actually has solid cover skills but its almost like he forgets that there is a ball being used in this sport.

It's because he's this team's current version of Ahmed Plummer - always there at the right spot but not having the ability to make a play on the ball.
We're bringing the Axe back home to where it belongs! What do you see? UC Berkeley Fan of the SF Giants, 49ers, Warriors, Alabama Crimson Tide, Cal Bears, La Furia Roja, Three Lions, FC Barcelona, Arsenal FC, & the NZ All Blacks Rugby Team.
thesack12
RealGM

Post#227 » by thesack12 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:42 pm

Yoshi wrote:
thesack12 wrote:
Yoshi wrote:
No I think you're having an agenda you're sticking too, or perhaps you want to see it for what it's worth without seeing the full picture.

I simply posted factual information regarding the team's record. A Lot of people tend to be reactional in the moment, and lose sight of context.

Case in point, masses of people were saying that Kaepernick was a turnover waiting to happen after that one Arizona game when he threw 4 picks. However in reality, Kaep has the 3rd lowest INT% in the history of the NFL. People are reactionary

And you're not reactionary, bro? I was at the Packers game and Jimmy had a play that caused Kyle to question him throughout that game's entirety. It doesn't surprise you that a lot of pundits were questioning his ability to lead a team to a SB victory because of his lack of a big arm or propensity to not do his checkdowns on passing plays?

Being reactionary is part of the human psyche, otherwise you and I would have closed down this discussion right from the get go.

So posting facts qualifies as reactionary now?

Ok dude, feel free to carry on and get the last word. I'm done with this
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#228 » by CrimsonCrew » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:42 pm

Thank God we kicked that FG on the last possession.
thesack12
RealGM

Post#229 » by thesack12 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:43 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:Thank God we kicked that FG on the last possession.

The new long snapper needs the reps :lol:
Yoshi
Senior

Post#230 » by Yoshi » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:43 pm

thesack12 wrote:
Yoshi wrote:
thesack12 wrote:

So posting facts qualifies as reactionary now?

Ok dude, feel free to carry on and get the last word. I'm done with this

Whatever man. Posting facts and having PMS with certain posts is hard to decipher when you're reading a chat room.
thesack12
RealGM

Post#231 » by thesack12 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:46 pm

There isn't much left to take positives from this game.

I had hopes that Beathard would have been decent and might have built up a little trade value going into the deadline, but that surely didn't happen
Yoshi
Senior

Post#232 » by Yoshi » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:47 pm

Dak looks to have suffered a big injury
thesack12
RealGM

Post#233 » by thesack12 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:48 pm

Playoffs are looking pretty grim.

Need to go 8-3 to close the season to have a legit shot, and that definitely doesn't seem feasible at this point.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#234 » by CalamityX12 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:48 pm

Mostert and Warner are my lone pleasures of the day...

Oh lord just saw Dak’s injury....that’s awful
The ModFather

CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#235 » by CrimsonCrew » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:49 pm

Can't even convert 3rd and short.
thesack12
RealGM

Post#236 » by thesack12 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:49 pm

Yoshi wrote:Dak looks to have suffered a big injury

Sucks for him. He was crying because he instantly realized he should have signed that long term contract this summer.
Yoshi
Senior

Post#237 » by Yoshi » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:49 pm

Redemption Tour will have to wait for another year.
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,523

Post#238 » by RIPskaterdude » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:50 pm

We can't even max protect on 4th and 2
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#239 » by CrimsonCrew » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:50 pm

Empty backfield on 4th and 2 with CJ in at QB. Makes sense.

This may be Kyle's worst game of his career.
Yoshi
Senior

Post#240 » by Yoshi » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:52 pm

The silver lining of this season is that fans like myself didn't have to shell an exorbitant amount of $ to watch this hiccup of a game.

Return to San Francisco 49ers