ImageImageImageImageImage

AND WITH THE SECOND PICK OF THE 2019 NFL DRAFT

Moderators: MHSL82, CalamityX12

NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Re: AND WITH THE SECOND PICK OF THE 2019 NFL DRAFT 

Post#361 » by NinerSickness » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:29 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Bosa it is. I can live with it. Wish it was Myles Garret instead

Browns purposely fumbled against the Steelers to ensure the #1 pick. Jerks.

I'll get over that about as soon as I get over Terry Donahue not drafting Vince Wilfork.
justme400e
Junior
And1: 116

Post#362 » by justme400e » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:26 am

NinerSickness wrote:
Jikkle wrote:I'm all for Q but I wouldn't exactly be enraged if they took Bosa.

The reason I'd be enraged if they took him is because Bosa & his injury history would be just the kind of uninspired pick a GM with zero instincts & a s**tty overall plan would make IMO. There's 10 times as much risk as drafting Q IMO, and there's less of a payoff.

Bosa's floor is like 50 stories lower than Q's, and his ceiling is 5 stories lower than Q's.

Agree with the Bosa and Lynch comments.
I read earlier that Lynch learned from his draft mistakes ( Thomas, Foster) but after today I have my doubts that he did.
I just hope that he doesn't have three more years of learning before he gets "it".
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 968

Post#363 » by CrimsonCrew » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:37 pm

justme400e wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:
Jikkle wrote:I'm all for Q but I wouldn't exactly be enraged if they took Bosa.

The reason I'd be enraged if they took him is because Bosa & his injury history would be just the kind of uninspired pick a GM with zero instincts & a s**tty overall plan would make IMO. There's 10 times as much risk as drafting Q IMO, and there's less of a payoff.

Bosa's floor is like 50 stories lower than Q's, and his ceiling is 5 stories lower than Q's.

Agree with the Bosa and Lynch comments.
I read earlier that Lynch learned from his draft mistakes ( Thomas, Foster) but after today I have my doubts that he did.
I just hope that he doesn't have three more years of learning before he gets "it".

I don't think Bosa slots in with those other mistakes. Bosa has a clear position/scheme fit. He doesn't have off-field issues other than the politics, which was somewhat overblown, and the injury concerns. If he stays healthy, he should be really, really good.

Something that I was reflecting on last night: Bosa had a really good season in 2017...as a true sophomore. Even though he's more polished and thus probably doesn't have as much room to develop as some other guys, just think about where some of the other high defensive picks were after their sophomore seasons. Josh Allen was an undersized LB. Quinnen Williams had barely seen the field. There's every reason to believe that Bosa would have been even better if he had played all 2018. Certainly he was dominant in the games he did play - admittedly against lesser talent. I have some reservations, but I'm excited about what he brings to the table. If you'd told me at this time last year that we'd end up with Nick Bosa this year, I would have been thrilled.

Return to San Francisco 49ers