Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Re: 49ers Board Community Thread 

Post#241 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sun May 10, 2020 4:01 pm

JERICK MCKINNON
RB, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

Jerick McKinnon (knee) has yet to resume cutting.

“I think there’s always that critical last juncture of a rehab where you go from running straight ahead and even trying to simulate some of the cutting that goes on at that position, specifically,” GM John Lynch said in an interview. “Then, you go play football and it becomes much more reactive. And that’s where he struggled. He’s continued to put in work. There are some positive signs that we’re on a better track.” Lynch stopped well short of guaranteeing a complete return and meaningful role for McKinnon in 2020. With his base salary slashed from $6.8 million to $910,000 following two seasons lost to injury, McKinnon is in "prove it" mode with both the 49ers and fantasy players.
SOURCE: NBC Sports Bay Area

May 9, 2020, 1:49 PM ET
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#242 » by NinerSickness » Wed May 13, 2020 10:48 pm

I don't know if you've ever listened to an interview with Marcus Spears, but that's some good radio. Dude is hilarious and very frank (Kinlaw seems that way as well).

His story about how he converted from TE to DE cracked me up. He was pissed Nick Saban wanted him to switch from TE to DE, and he was ready to transfer to Miami because of it. Then Saban pulls out a paper and shows Spears how much money NFL TEs make and how much money NFL DEs make, and Spears was like, "I think I'll give this defense thing a try." lol
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,567

Post#243 » by Mamba Mentality » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:04 pm

What's good guys? Just thought I'd drop in and say hi, it's been ages since I posted on this board.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#244 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:13 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Yoshi
Senior
And1: 30

Post#245 » by Yoshi » Thu Sep 2, 2021 5:57 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Man I don’t know about this one - he looked better than Al - whatever and a couple of the other LBs during the preseason
We're bringing the Axe back home to where it belongs! What do you see? UC Berkeley Fan of the SF Giants, 49ers, Warriors, Alabama Crimson Tide, Cal Bears, La Furia Roja, Three Lions, FC Barcelona, Arsenal FC, & the NZ All Blacks Rugby Team.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 939

Post#246 » by CrimsonCrew » Thu Sep 2, 2021 4:03 pm

Hey Yoshi, there's more of a discussion of this stuff in the offseason and cuts threads, FYI. I don't love losing Griffith or Hilliard. Both showed some promise. That said, although we're really thin in a few spots, we're also really deep in some, and that means cutting players who will get picked up elsewhere. At least we turned this one into some picks.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#247 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Wed May 4, 2022 1:37 pm

ROGER GOODELL
COM, NFL

The NFL announced on Wednesday that the Cardinals and 49ers will play in Mexico City on November 21 as part of its International Series.

Mexico City has played host to NFL teams since 2016, with the last game coming in 2019 between the Chiefs and Chargers. As the NFL rolls out its international schedule for the 2022, the Cardinals and 49ers will square off at Estadio Azteca. The game is scheduled to air on ESPN's Monday Night Football, and marks the first time either team has participated in the annual Mexico Game.
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

May 4, 2022, 9:28 AM ET
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,226

Post#248 » by thesack12 » Thu May 5, 2022 9:49 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:ROGER GOODELL
COM, NFL

The NFL announced on Wednesday that the Cardinals and 49ers will play in Mexico City on November 21 as part of its International Series.

Mexico City has played host to NFL teams since 2016, with the last game coming in 2019 between the Chiefs and Chargers. As the NFL rolls out its international schedule for the 2022, the Cardinals and 49ers will square off at Estadio Azteca. The game is scheduled to air on ESPN's Monday Night Football, and marks the first time either team has participated in the annual Mexico Game.
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

May 4, 2022, 9:28 AM ET

Its going to seriously suck for whomever is sacrificing a home game for that. And unfortunately, seeing as how the 49ers are listed 2nd there, it would appear they will be the "home team" in that matchup.

International/global growth is obviously good for the game/league overall, but man its a serious competitive disadvantage for the "home" teams in those games. Most especially in a case like this, where a team is sacrificing a home game against a divisional opponent, which are critical games.

Since the NFL added the 17th game last season, eventually I can envision every team playing 1 game on an neutral field every season, probably an international field. But until we get to that point, the NFL is kneecapping every team that is forced to sacrifice a home game.

From a money standpoint, I imagine the NFL has procedures in place to reimburse teams for lost revenue for having 1 less home game. However, that doesn't account for all the income the local economy brings in for game related things. It also doesn't really do anything for the stadium workers loss of wages. But for me, its the competition ripple effects are the primary source of concern/discussion here.

I think its an incredibly poor thought process and a huge disservice to the home teams to have these international games be divisional matchups. Division games are of the utmost importance, and you are severely handicapping a team by having them forego the home half of the 2 game series against a division rival.

But what do I know, I'm not anybody important.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#249 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:03 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=Nlyly0jPT65lCjUHyMsrYg
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#251 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:48 pm

Mike McDaniels has the best offensive mind in the league. It's no longer Shanahan or Andy Reid.

Return to San Francisco 49ers