Culliver saying dumb sh*t

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Culliver saying dumb sh*t 

Post#1 » by TNBT » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:03 am

Check the link in the WireTap section to see what Culliver has been saying. To sum it up, he basically said that there are no gay players on the 49ers and any gay player would not be welcome on the team. I'm straight, but personally, I wouldn't have a problem with a gay person playing on either of my teams (the team I play for and the 49ers). Also, is there a worse city for a player to say that than San Francisco?
arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Re: Culliver saying dumb sh*t 

Post#2 » by arsenal6106 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:15 am

Yeah it was very foolish of him to spew that kind of crap.
Confidence Poll[/size][/color][/url]
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#3 » by TNBT » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:35 am

I just read that he has apparently apologized for his comments.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Chri ... rks-013013

''The derogatory comments I made yesterday were a reflection of thoughts in my head, but they are not how I feel,'' he said in a statement released by the team. ''It has taken me seeing them in print to realize that they are hurtful and ugly. Those discriminating feelings are truly not in my heart. Further, I apologize to those who I have hurt and offended, and I pledge to learn and grow from this experience.''

I'm not sure how to take this. I get what he means about just saying whatever is in his head and that not necessarily being the same thing that he seriously believes, but who knows?
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#4 » by and1GS » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:49 pm

lol, I find that whole thing hilarious. Still a big fan of Culliver, but you can't be wif dat sweet stuff in tha locker room man. NAH.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
arsenal6106
Assistant Coach
And1: 155

Post#5 » by arsenal6106 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:55 pm

MaioccoCSN: 49ers CEO Jed York expects CB Chris Culliver to follow through on pledge to learn more about LGBT community. http://t.co/VjDVJE1K

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
Confidence Poll[/size][/color][/url]
superelkman
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#6 » by superelkman » Wed Feb 6, 2013 12:55 am

I know this will probably get flamed because dissenting opinions aren't really respected in some areas but here it goes...

I(and about 50%+ of America according to almost every gay marriage vote ever) think that homosexuality is a perversion. Therefore, it should not be promoted or accepted as it is destructive. While Chris Culliver didn't say this in any sort of eloquent way I'm not sure why he is getting flamed so hard for being of the opinion that one man putting his erect penis in another man's anus is perverted. I am not being intentionally graphic or vulgar here. This is literally what seperates gay men from straight men.

And before you give me the bit that homosexuals cannot help that they have an attraction to other men let me say this. It doesn't matter if they are born with some inclination towards being attracted to other men. It is still perverted. You wouldn't say that a pedophile or a necrophiliac isn't perverted because he was born that way. Perversion is perversion regardless of any sort of inclination one may have.

Finally, it is concerning to me that so many average joes are brainwashed into defending something that is so debase. If one can't say that homosexuality is perverse I am not sure on what consistent grounds you can say polygamy, beastiality(as long as the animal is enjoying it), necrophilia(as long as the deceased gave consent while living), having intercourse with trees, or any other perversion you can think of is perverted.

Just thought I'd atleast present the other side of the argument here since more and more people have never heard anything other than what the media feeds them.

And with that, let the homophobe insults begin....
wiff
Head Coach
And1: 21

Post#7 » by wiff » Wed Feb 6, 2013 2:52 am

superelkman wrote:I(and about 50%+ of America according to almost every gay marriage vote ever) think that homosexuality is a perversion. Therefore, it should not be promoted or accepted as it is destructive.

I'm curious how is homosexuality "destructive"?
Nicky Nix Nook
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 153

Post#8 » by Nicky Nix Nook » Wed Feb 6, 2013 8:00 am

Let's keep this about football and the 49ers please. If you'd like to discuss this, try the Current Events board. Thank you.
superelkman
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#9 » by superelkman » Wed Feb 6, 2013 2:01 pm

wiff wrote:
superelkman wrote:I(and about 50%+ of America according to almost every gay marriage vote ever) think that homosexuality is a perversion. Therefore, it should not be promoted or accepted as it is destructive.

I'm curious how is homosexuality "destructive"?

A couple things...

1) It is a high risk lifestyle in that homosexuals are more likely to get sexual diseases.

2) Homosexual marriage shifts the purpose of marriage from providing a stable family structure for raising children to sexual preference since homosexuals are biologically incapable of having children.

3) It is destructive to the society that allows it because it does not allow for anyone to be able to be logically consistent and condemn other things that are clearly perverse. Again, if you think homosexuality is just fine on what grounds can you object to other perversions that "don't hurt anyone" like polygamy or bestiality. This leads to an ever increasing moral free for all.

Don't get me wrong. People can do whatever they want in their own homes. That is between them and God. However, I think we would all agree that we shouldn't legislate equal treatment for and push for in our government and schools for something that is perverted.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#10 » by and1GS » Wed Feb 6, 2013 5:10 pm

LOL.

Your opinions on this matter are everything that is wrong with modern society.

We shouldn't push homosexuality onto others in school, but it's also not healthy to shove the whole prince/princess concept down kids throats either.

I think we would all agree that we shouldn't legislate equal treatment for and push for in our government and schools for something that is perverted.

This is awful. I've read a lot of things on this board but you should really be ashamed of saying/thinking something like this.

I could go on but it's safe to say that you're on an island with your opinion. I'd also like to ask the mods to please not lock this because a) this forum has NO activity and b) this was an OT thread to begin with, so going more OT doesn't hurt anything and actually helps prolong the life of threads.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in

Return to San Francisco 49ers