Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Re: Around the NFL Thread 

Post#4141 » by Ray_Dogg » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:06 pm

NinerSickness wrote:
ChrisPozz wrote:The inside story of the Jets' road from Todd Bowles to Adam Gase

https://www.sny.tv/jets/news/the-inside-story-of-the-jets-road-from-todd-bowles-to-adam-gase/302734906

Will never know how close this is to reality but usually you don't get this kind of detail on how a coaching search went down.

Now all Gase needs is a QB. And a defense. And some receivers and an OL. Then he'll be set.

He needs some dark sunglasses
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#4142 » by Ray_Dogg » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:03 pm

Cowboys finally fired Linehan.
ChrisPozz
RealGM
And1: 450

Post#4143 » by ChrisPozz » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:47 pm

ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#4144 » by ChrisPozz » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:50 pm

Read on Twitter

I'd have looked into doing that. He's one of the guys that I wouldn't mind being REALLY, REALLY wrong on.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#4145 » by NinerSickness » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:29 am

ChrisPozz wrote:He's one of the guys that I wouldn't mind being REALLY, REALLY wrong on.

Same here. Hard to predict injuries, though (except w/ Sam Bradford; that one was a no-brainer).
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#4146 » by ChrisPozz » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:19 pm

Read on Twitter
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#4147 » by ChrisPozz » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:18 am

Read on Twitter
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,247

Post#4148 » by wco81 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:17 am

Patriots OL is playing really well.

Trent Brown is one of their best players on that OL.

I guess it's not that unusual for the Pats to take players from other teams and make them play well. Of course you have to question the judgement and coaching of those other teams that they just let such players go to a championship level team.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#4149 » by ChrisPozz » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:38 pm

wco81 wrote:Patriots OL is playing really well.

Trent Brown is one of their best players on that OL.

I guess it's not that unusual for the Pats to take players from other teams and make them play well. Of course you have to question the judgement and coaching of those other teams that they just let such players go to a championship level team.

I don't care which of the 32 teams you're talking about, saying a guy is "one of the best players on the OL" is not that big of a statement. It's a rather odd statement.

And I stand by what I said. His highs are really high. His lows are still concerning. He has not played as well overall on a rep-by-rep basis as I think a lot of fans I know have said he has (typical). I see the Brady pressure numbers and I get where fans want to go with it. It's a part of the story and it's a part of the credit one should give him. I am talking about watching him on a rep-by-rep basis from a scouting perspective. Just based on the conversations I see around and the things being said, he has not been as described by a lot of people. And it's not in just a couple of spots. My own eyes feel that way and it's supported when I go and check in with every grading tool I have at my disposal. There isn't a single one that varies too greatly from the others on his season so far.

I will CONTINUE to give him this for those that think I'm not being fair. There has been no indication that he's driven or is driving his coaches absolutely crazy as a student and a worker and that's HUGE for the Patriots. If that is, in fact, true, that may very well speak great things about his future because it's the largest part about the Trent Brown experience.

Now if someone wants to take that as I'm saying they shouldn't be happy with him, he's a major disappointment, he's a liability, or anything of the sort, that's a problem that falls on each individual because I'm not saying anything like that despite what some people want to hear sometimes when you disagree with them.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#4150 » by ChrisPozz » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:57 pm

Read on Twitter

Big loss for the NFL.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,247

Post#4151 » by wco81 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:07 pm

Patriots aren’t going to give him a big contract when he’s up because they only give big contracts to a few players.

But he’s a starter on the afc championship team. And it’s not just pass protection, they got their running game working at the right time.

McGlinchey has played well but there might have been other players they could have drafted which would have helped the team more if they kept Brown.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#4152 » by ChrisPozz » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:55 pm

Read on Twitter

As a football fan, strong support from me on this. I've had strong coaching feelings against Sutton since his days with Mangini in New York.

As a 49ers fan, bummer.

Has not struck me as a coach who has adapted very well to the modernization of football. Has past ties to Anthony Lynn and Dan Quinn from their Jets days. Maybe they find a spot for him somewhere but it would not surprise me if that was it for him.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#4153 » by ChrisPozz » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:01 pm

Read on Twitter

Still love Rex in the right scenario. I like what Rex could do for some of the individuals on that roster but I don't love what the collective roster could do for Rex. Maybe I'd change my mind down the road depending on what they do with talent acquisition but I don't love Rex having to take on and sort through about half of that defensive roster. He deserves better than being married to some of their personnel department guys, though he may never have the chance to do better either.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#4154 » by ChrisPozz » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:13 pm

Eagles stay or go: Defensive ends

https://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-stay-or-go-defensive-ends-2019/

Brandon Graham
The last time Graham was a free agent, a strong market didn't develop for him, and he returned to the team. It's a good thing he did, as he produced the single greatest defensive play in the history of the franchise.

Graham is still a very good starter who plays a premium position. He is very likely to see much more attractive offers this time around in free agency, and it could be difficult for the salary cap-strapped Eagles to match them. It's possible that Graham isn't blown away by an offer, as there a number of good defensive ends set to become free agents this offseason, and maybe he takes a (small) hometown discount.

Still, I believe that is wishful thinking, from the perspective of the Eagles.

#JimmyVerdict: Go. I think Graham does indeed get a lucrative offer elsewhere that the Eagles can't approach, and he walks.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 939

Post#4155 » by CrimsonCrew » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:22 pm

ChrisPozz wrote:Eagles stay or go: Defensive ends

https://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-stay-or-go-defensive-ends-2019/

Brandon Graham
The last time Graham was a free agent, a strong market didn't develop for him, and he returned to the team. It's a good thing he did, as he produced the single greatest defensive play in the history of the franchise.

Graham is still a very good starter who plays a premium position. He is very likely to see much more attractive offers this time around in free agency, and it could be difficult for the salary cap-strapped Eagles to match them. It's possible that Graham isn't blown away by an offer, as there a number of good defensive ends set to become free agents this offseason, and maybe he takes a (small) hometown discount.

Still, I believe that is wishful thinking, from the perspective of the Eagles.

#JimmyVerdict: Go. I think Graham does indeed get a lucrative offer elsewhere that the Eagles can't approach, and he walks.

I would much rather have Graham than Ansah, even though he's a year older. Though Graham might (should) command more money.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#4156 » by ChrisPozz » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:41 pm

Derek Carr wants to fight the “clowns” on TV who think he’s not a good QB

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/23/derek-carr-wants-to-fight-the-clowns-on-tv-who-think-hes-not-a-good-qb/

“It’s because I blocked them both for talking trash about our team. Those 2 clowns don’t know anything about this game.

They aren't my cup of tea for the most part either but clowns? Oy! Ok, fine.

Would love to actually sit and break down film with these two on tv just to show their viewers how incompetent (lacking qualification) they are about our game,” Carr wrote.

Yes! Should have started and ended it with this and this alone. Maybe even only needed half of that sentence as well.

Carr then directed a tweet to UFC President Dana White, saying he’d like to step into the Octagon with said “clowns.”

“Hey how do I challenge a couple of these clowns on tv to a fight? I think we should start a business together. Where pro athletes can challenge some of these people to an octagon fight until they give us an answer,” Carr wrote.

All-time stupid, immature comment when you factor in how many people think Carr is one of the above the fray people. ALSO HE IS 27!!!

-----

Yes, I wasted my 5 minutes on this. Just so stupid.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#4157 » by ChrisPozz » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:44 pm

ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#4158 » by ChrisPozz » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:03 pm

Is It Possible to Judge Individual Talent in the NFL?

https://sloanreview.mit.edu/audio/is-it-possible-to-judge-individual-talent-in-the-nfl/

Read on Twitter
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#4159 » by ChrisPozz » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:58 pm

NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#4160 » by NinerSickness » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:58 am

ChrisPozz wrote:Derek Carr wants to fight the “clowns” on TV who think he’s not a good QB

This guy is melting down. Never liked him as a QB, but it looks like he's mentally weak as well.

Return to San Francisco 49ers