ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NFL Thread

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

ChrisPozz
RealGM
And1: 450

Re: Around the NFL Thread 

Post#2261 » by ChrisPozz » Wed Dec 6, 2017 12:16 am

Texans signed WR DeAndrew White to their practice squad. Former Niner UDFA.

There's some guys that enter late draft-undrafted territory that never end up making it that blow my mind that they couldn't do MORE with their talent than they were able to do. Many a times it has to do with one's make up. Maybe that's his deal here. But he's one of those guys that just continues to amaze me that he can't do MORE than what he's been able to do so far - shine on a practice squad might be the best way of putting his main career highlight. I'm not saying he should've been a star receiver that you build part of an offense around but that he hasn't done more with his skill set is kind of sad UNLESS it has to do with his make up.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#2262 » by ChrisPozz » Wed Dec 6, 2017 2:36 am

Dave Gettleman could resurface as next Giants G.M.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/05/dave-gettleman-could-resurface-as-next-giants-g-m/

Good luck with him forming that structure. Even if it's one you're familiar with.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#2263 » by NinerSickness » Wed Dec 6, 2017 5:48 am

CalamityX12 wrote:Will Hue Jackson get fired too?

I think Cleveland knows how s**tty of a HC he is (called it). :D He's as good as gone.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#2264 » by ChrisPozz » Wed Dec 6, 2017 5:55 pm

ChrisPozz wrote:Marcus Peters being Marcus Peters again. Doing Marcus Peters things. Picked up an official's flag that was thrown and threw it into the stands. Disagreed with the call on the field. Ejected. So, so stupid.

Wrote that in the middle of the incident. When he walked off the field obviously it was easy to assume he had been ejected. He had not been ejected and someone had to get him to return to the sideline. He returned...not wearing any socks for some reason. Wanted to clear that up why I said he was ejected.

Now this today...

Read on Twitter
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#2265 » by ChrisPozz » Wed Dec 6, 2017 7:50 pm

Jets' Mo Wilkerson has regularly been late to meetings this season, source says

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2017/12/jets_mo_wilkerson_regularly_late_to_meetings_throu.html#incart_river_index

According to a source with knowledge of the situation, Wilkerson has regularly shown up late to team's morning meetings this season. Sometimes, he misses them altogether.

The source said a combination of the two infractions has happened at least five times since the preseason. The Jets have a full-team meeting in the morning. When late, Wilkerson, will show up at some point during the team meeting, or just after.

Shocking that a guy who has made the decisions he has made over the years on and off the field would also be late and miss several meetings altogether. Stunning. :nonono:
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#2266 » by ChrisPozz » Wed Dec 6, 2017 9:13 pm

Read on Twitter

This is so Herm.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#2267 » by ChrisPozz » Thu Dec 7, 2017 3:57 am

CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 942

Post#2268 » by CrimsonCrew » Thu Dec 7, 2017 5:35 pm

ChrisPozz wrote:Brian Cushing: I should have spoken to league before PED test

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/06/brian-cushing-i-should-have-spoken-to-league-before-ped-test/

The new Adderall defense? Not buying it. Definitely not for a second violation by a player with a history of physical injuries.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#2269 » by ChrisPozz » Thu Dec 7, 2017 8:32 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:
ChrisPozz wrote:Brian Cushing: I should have spoken to league before PED test

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/06/brian-cushing-i-should-have-spoken-to-league-before-ped-test/

The new Adderall defense? Not buying it. Definitely not for a second violation by a player with a history of physical injuries.

and, if one has followed him over the years, because he's Brian Cushing.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#2270 » by ChrisPozz » Thu Dec 7, 2017 8:36 pm

Read on Twitter

Obviously I'm not wishing for him to become crippled at an older age and be without the use of anything he had going for him into football, but selfishly sometimes there's players I want to see play until they absolutely can't any more, whether that's by choice mentally and/or it's just not worth it or their body just won't let them any more.

Selfishly, Darren Sproles is one of those guys for me. Try to play until you can't get one person to pick up a single phone call for you anymore. I'll miss him more than most backs whenever it's over.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#2271 » by ChrisPozz » Thu Dec 7, 2017 8:42 pm

ChrisPozz wrote:Jets' Mo Wilkerson has regularly been late to meetings this season, source says

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2017/12/jets_mo_wilkerson_regularly_late_to_meetings_throu.html#incart_river_index

According to a source with knowledge of the situation, Wilkerson has regularly shown up late to team's morning meetings this season. Sometimes, he misses them altogether.

The source said a combination of the two infractions has happened at least five times since the preseason. The Jets have a full-team meeting in the morning. When late, Wilkerson, will show up at some point during the team meeting, or just after.

Shocking that a guy who has made the decisions he has made over the years on and off the field would also be late and miss several meetings altogether. Stunning. :nonono:

Source on Muhammad Wilkerson's future with Jets beyond 2017: 'He's gone'

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/muhammad-wilkerson-future-jets-2017-article-1.3681773?utm_content=buffer27b7d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=mmehta+twitter

If the team asked him to go down this path about making everything about Denver, fine. However, it's his own darn fault they (might have?) asked him to leave it to Denver only questions in the first place.

A million :nonono:
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#2272 » by NinerSickness » Fri Dec 8, 2017 1:09 am

Breaking news: Trent Baalke just traded for Ryan Shazier.

......too soon? :oops:
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#2273 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:20 pm

Damn it. He’s going to make sure they get Lamar Jackson and a real RB:

Dave Gettleman - G - Free Agent

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports ex-Panthers GM Dave Gettleman is the "early favorite" for the Giants' opening.

The Giants were going to interview John Dorsey this week, but Cleveland beat them to the punch. That leaves Gettleman as the best name on the open market right now, but Rapoport reports the Giants are willing to wait until the end of the season in order to interview candidate currently employed by other teams. Gettleman would fit the bill as a Giants hire after spending 15 years with the organization including as the director of pro personnel before leaving for Carolina.
Source: NFL.com

Dec 10 - 9:01 AM
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#2274 » by ChrisPozz » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:45 pm

I don't know how many have seen the snowy conditions in Buffalo today vs. Indianapolis. However, it was really bad from the start. I guess the best way I could put it is from the start of the game the field looked like a New England snow game that was at the start of the 4th quarter.

Anyway, Nathan Peterman got the start again today and didn't have a non-Travis Benjamin completion until 11:48 left in the 3rd quarter when he completed a 10-yard pass to Clay followed right by a 0 yard completion to O'Leary. He didn't have a single completion until the early to middle of the 2nd quarter.

Brissett for the Colts has completed 1/2 passes for 11 yards (8:57 left in the 3rd quarter). Haven't even really tried to throw the ball which surprises me a little bit if you asked me which QB would be the one to be asked to basically not pass.

Frank Gore already has 21 carries for 62 yards. LeSean McCoy has 18 carries for 100 yards.

There's been 1 penalty called so far in the game. 7 punts.

It's an amazing game even for a snow game.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#2275 » by ChrisPozz » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:55 pm

Browns might be able to prove yet again that it's possible to find new ways to lose every single week...........
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#2276 » by ChrisPozz » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:04 pm

ChrisPozz wrote:Browns might be able to prove yet again that it's possible to find new ways to lose every single week...........

Hundley to Adams for a TD with 17 seconds left to tie the game. Browns are simply amazing.

XP is good. Tie game. Likely overtime. Although, it's the Browns. It wouldn't be surprising if they somehow find a way to lose it IN REGULATION.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#2277 » by ChrisPozz » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:14 pm

Frank Gore, in that snow game today, has 36 carries.

36 carries at age 34. That's got to at least pushing a record if it's not already a record?
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#2278 » by ChrisPozz » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:21 pm

They do it again. Browns lose on a Davante Adams score in overtime. GB down 2 touchdowns going into the 4th quarter and they blew the lead.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#2279 » by ChrisPozz » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:24 pm

Also, Jacoby Brissett might have been pushing a record for fewest passing yards by a QB (modern era?) who threw 20+ times:

11/22 for 69 yards passing, 1 TD, 0 INTs. His longest reception went for 11 yards. He also had two 10-yard completions. His 8 other completions went for 38 yards.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#2280 » by ChrisPozz » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:09 pm

Malik McDowell arrested for disorderly conduct

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/10/malik-mcdowell-arrested-for-disorderly-conduct/

Assuming he's mentally stable, this is a wonderful way to endear yourself to a coaching staff heading into an off season that you might not even be healthy enough to participate in.

Return to San Francisco 49ers