Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

ChrisPozz
RealGM
And1: 450

Re: Around the NFL Thread 

Post#3781 » by ChrisPozz » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:50 pm

Bald Bull wrote:well, $#!+.
Read on Twitter

When you're the Rams, or like the Rams, cool and fine, take the risk for the possible reward. But it does and will drive me absolutely crazy anytime I don't see a person include in their statement how incredibly stupid and difficult Fowler has made life for so many people around him and that there may only be a select few situations in the league where this would make any sense unless one wants to be one of those fans that doesn't take real life into account and only wants to process this from an emotional fan standpoint.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#3782 » by ChrisPozz » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:55 pm

Read on Twitter
Bald Bull
Veteran
And1: 155

Post#3783 » by Bald Bull » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:57 pm

double post
Bald Bull
Veteran
And1: 155

Post#3784 » by Bald Bull » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:01 pm

ChrisPozz wrote:
Read on Twitter

When you're the Rams, or like the Rams, cool and fine, take the risk for the possible reward. But it does and will drive me absolutely crazy anytime I don't see a person include in their statement how incredibly stupid and difficult Fowler has made life for so many people around him and that there may only be a select few situations in the league where this would make any sense unless one wants to be one of those fans that doesn't take real life into account and only wants to process this from an emotional fan standpoint.

I'm not familiar with fowler's personality. I wouldn't want to invite a cancer into the locker room if that's the case. That's the last thing we need. An upgraded pass rusher would have been nice if it came cheaply, but not if he's an idiot. I wouldn't give up what rams gave up for him, but he does give them a stronger team, which sucks because we need to play them another time. I can't take any more humiliation.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#3785 » by ChrisPozz » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:16 pm

Bald Bull wrote:
ChrisPozz wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm not familiar with fowler's personality. I wouldn't want to invite a cancer into the locker room if that's the case. That's the last thing we need. An upgraded pass rusher would have been nice if it came cheaply, but not if he's an idiot. I wouldn't give up what rams gave up for him, but he does give them a stronger team, which sucks because we need to play them another time. I can't take any more humiliation.

Couple weeks back I had a very long post detailing all the off-the-field junk (benchings, unnecessary penalties, multiple injuries, maturity issues, multiple arrest charges in separate incidents, double-digit traffic citations, starting fights in offseason scrimmages with other teams that required disciplinary measures being taken by coaches, more injuries, anger issues, and most recently another violation of team rules (with Ramsey)).

I laid it out much better back then where I went through it in chronological order but I can't seem to find it on these boards. It feels like many of my older posts got deleted somehow and not by me.

Anyway, maybe you want to search for that post or just do a Google search using anything I just posted to look into it yourself. It's a longgggggg list of things and a big reason why he was traded away. And I'll repeat what I said all along, including what I said in that last post that I can no longer find, I actually liked Fowler's physical make up coming into the NFL and thought he could do SOME things. Never loved the mental/maturity make-up and he was taken high for my liking but physically he's the type of player that I like when he's right and scares me when he's an opponent, though far less scary now with all that's surrounding him.

I'd have less of an issue with someone if they want to argue this possibly gives the Rams a compensatory pick down the road if they decide to part ways with him. That part of it is fine and could end up being the best thing it gives them, but we'll see about that.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#3786 » by ChrisPozz » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:29 pm

Read on Twitter

:lol:
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#3787 » by Ray_Dogg » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:38 pm

They are better off starting Pryor.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,226

Post#3788 » by thesack12 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:10 pm

Ray_Dogg wrote:They are better off starting Pryor.

And having Logan Thomas back him up.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#3789 » by ChrisPozz » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:51 pm

Read on Twitter
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#3790 » by ChrisPozz » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:34 pm

Read on Twitter
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#3791 » by ChrisPozz » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:21 pm

More evidence in a long list of examples that about 99.3% of fans don't know what the hell they're doing these days?

They voted Saints corner P.J. Williams NFC defensive player of the week.

------

Vikings 1st touchdown this week to Stefon Diggs - who was in coverage? P.J. Williams

Vikings next series. Thielen 28-yard catch. Who was in coverage? P.J. Williams.

Three plays later. Pass incomplete to Aldrick Robinson. Penalty. Defensive pass interference. Who was it on? P.J. Williams. 13 yards.

Beat for 22 more yards in the 3rd quarter.

Beat for 9 yards early 4th quarter.

Then, on the same drive, on a 3rd and 17, Thielen beat him again on a crossing route for a 27-yard pick up and a 1st down. To be fair, the safety was also late coming down on this play, too.

Same drive. 4th and goal from the 1-yard line. Beaten on an inside move so bad off the line and gave up the TD.

-------------

So how'd he get the attention of fans?

They gave him a forced fumble on a combo hit where he went for the ankles of Thielen and Alex Anzalone dove to the midsection to help dislodge the ball. Recovered by Marcus Lattimore for a big return.

He also recorded a pick six in which it looked like Cousins thought P.J. Williams was the receiver and threw it right to him. Diggs stopped his route to turn to run to the opposite side of the field which aided Williams and hurt Cousins. Cousins, from where he was standing, literally threw it 6-7 yards and it went right to Williams. He had to beat 4 trailing offensive lineman for the score.

------------

To say this is disgusting would be giving value to that award, in which there really is not much, but man, this is an all-timer when it comes to the fans.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#3792 » by ChrisPozz » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:35 pm

Jaguars signed Landry Jones with Blake Bortles at less than 100%. 49ers brought him in for a workout in their wave of QB visits before signing Savage.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#3793 » by ChrisPozz » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:01 pm

Read on Twitter
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#3794 » by ChrisPozz » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:02 pm

Read on Twitter
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#3795 » by NinerSickness » Thu Nov 1, 2018 1:47 am

ChrisPozz wrote:
Read on Twitter

Texans gonna be unstoppable now.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#3796 » by ChrisPozz » Fri Nov 2, 2018 12:25 am

Jay Glazer reported in the pregame show that Lynch thought the Raiders would trade Mack to the 49ers (didn't say how early or late into the process he thought that which is probably the juiciest nugget of information). The reason why they ended up trading him to Chicago was Gruden thought the Bears would have a worse record than the 49ers.

Personally, I would not pretend that there weren't other factors mixed in there that he didn't include, many of which are the obvious ones that don't need to be highlighted on a pregame show but for other things as well. But there you go......
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#3797 » by ChrisPozz » Fri Nov 2, 2018 12:36 am

ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#3798 » by ChrisPozz » Fri Nov 2, 2018 3:38 am

Read on Twitter
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#3799 » by NinerSickness » Sat Nov 3, 2018 1:45 am

Random post: all the fans who were supporting the proposition of signing Hugh Jackson a few years back need to come eat some serious crow.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/28/hue-jacksons-record-ranks-218th-of-219-coaches-in-nfl-history/
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#3800 » by ChrisPozz » Sat Nov 3, 2018 3:14 am

NinerSickness wrote:Random post: all the fans who were supporting the proposition of signing Hugh Jackson a few years back need to come eat some serious crow.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/28/hue-jacksons-record-ranks-218th-of-219-coaches-in-nfl-history/

I was one at the time. Always said with it that he was at the top of the "in like" candidates for me after a bunch of the guys I was in love with got scooped up for jobs. Such as: Mike Tomlin, John Harbaugh, Gary Kubiak, Bruce Arians, Pete Carroll, Rex Ryan, Jim Caldwell, Chip Kelly........that's it I think? Those were the guys I fell in love with over the years and would've taken ahead of Hue.

Hue was in the next category of guys just below that. I still think he's a very good offensive mind and think he might be able to work in a different situation but it would have to be something specific and almost definitely with a veteran-filled organization and I would no longer give him a ton of power. Before I would have been more negotiable on giving him a bit more control, though not full.

I also did say I did not love the Cleveland fit (obviously) and it very well could be one of those situations of grading him more for how well will he set up the cupboard for the NEXT guy to take over to make the next step than him making all those steps himself. I probably thought he'd leave the cupboard looking a little bit better than he did but again some of that was me misjudging the people he allowed to be put around him. Was not a fan of many of those guys. I was wrong on that part of it, too.

-------------

Obviously I have more respect for the Baltimore Ravens entire organization than almost everyone on the planet but if the Ravens moved on from Harbaugh soon, that would be one of the spots that would be interesting to see what he could do there. (And I'm not advocating for the Ravens to move on from Harbaugh because he WAS on my all-time list).

The Ravens are going to have some front office turnover by their measuring stick here soon so that could change how I feel about that but that type of stability with some of those football minds would be a fit that I'd have interest in if we were talking about Hue's next opportunity.

Would I ever drive the Hue Jackson 2nd chance bandwagon? No. I'm not going there. I'm just trying to come up with a specific situation where I could become an advocate for Hue to get another shot at it and see.

------------

About the only guy that's been left on my "in love" shelf for a while now has been Urban Meyer but that's really been a topic of discussion and something I've thought a lot about lately obviously given everything that's surrounded him for a while now.

Before all that he was far and away my favorite target for a football team to go after hard if they had the chance. I'd really have to put in some time and thought if that ever became close to a possibility again. Not sure we'll ever get to that point anymore now where it might be like it seemed for a while there.

-------------

There is a SERIOUS lack of good coaching talent around the game anymore now IMO. Maybe I'm wrong, and obviously I don't know everything about everyone or even close, but I like to think I'm one of the most well researched people out there when it comes to that type of thing (challenge me on something if you think otherwise; I welcome it) and I just don't see a ton of interesting names out there any more after a lot of my favorites were scooped up over the last decade or so.

I go back and forth kicking myself over the Sean McVay thing. I'm angry because now I can see he fits the bill and checks so many of the boxes of things I look for with a candidate but I didn't see it at the time. Then I go back and think how hard it was to really compile too long of a profile on him, mostly due to his age and lack of people who actually worked with him that have spoke on him, and I feel a little bit better for missing out on some of that stuff but that one really bugs me currently.

Return to San Francisco 49ers