Around the NFL Thread

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

Bald Bull
Veteran
And1: 155

Re: Around the NFL Thread 

Post#6161 » by Bald Bull » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:29 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:
dr3am wrote:For Beast Mode to come out of retirement to reunite with Seattle the week that we play them just shows how much he hates the 49ers...

No love lost here, **** him, **** Russ, **** Pete Carroll, **** the Seattle Seachickens organization & last but not least **** 12.

He's got a chance to come back for a final game against a rival and one last hurrah in the playoffs. I don't think it has much of anything to do with a hatred of the Niners specifically. For whatever reason, I have always kind of liked Lynch, even as he has destroyed the Niners at times. I never lumped him in with Wilson and Carroll, who I really dislike in part because they both seem pretty fake - especially DangeRuss. Carroll has the added benefit of jumping ship on his college program just as they were getting punished for cheating under his watch. Lynch is a bit of a weird dude, but he's certainly not fake, and I loved watching him play even though it was almost always bad for my boys.

Same, I hated playing against him, but never hated him as a person, he's actually an entertaining character.he seems like someone who can't help but be his authentic self, he puts zero effort into being a fake "professional".
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 939

Post#6162 » by CrimsonCrew » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:06 pm

Okay, gotta bitch about my bad beat in the fantasy championship. Please forgive me, everyone.

I clearly had the better team, and had a lot of really favorable matchups, but had been streaming a QB for basically the entire season. I picked up Tannehill a couple weeks ago and planned to use him in the championship game, but when word broke on the Derrick Henry injury, I worried he couldn't carry a one-dimensional offense and benched him for...Philip Rivers. I knew Rivers would be garbage, but for some reason let myself be talked into it by the CBS fantasy podcast I listen to.

Lost by 0.8 points. Literally any one of the seven other QBs that have been on my roster in the past month - including guys like Baker Mayfield and Gardner Minshew - would have steered me to victory. Only Rivers would have led to a loss. And he's the guy I went with.
Unbelievable.
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 206

Post#6163 » by Pattersonca65 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:11 am

CrimsonCrew wrote:Okay, gotta bitch about my bad beat in the fantasy championship. Please forgive me, everyone.

I clearly had the better team, and had a lot of really favorable matchups, but had been streaming a QB for basically the entire season. I picked up Tannehill a couple weeks ago and planned to use him in the championship game, but when word broke on the Derrick Henry injury, I worried he couldn't carry a one-dimensional offense and benched him for...Philip Rivers. I knew Rivers would be garbage, but for some reason let myself be talked into it by the CBS fantasy podcast I listen to.

Lost by 0.8 points. Literally any one of the seven other QBs that have been on my roster in the past month - including guys like Baker Mayfield and Gardner Minshew - would have steered me to victory. Only Rivers would have led to a loss. And he's the guy I went with.
Unbelievable.

It happens. So much luck involved. I was 2nd in points but ended up in 5th place while another guy was 8th in points and ended up in third place. Russell wilson and Tyler Lockett did me in near the end. I had some unlucky matchups were so.e people had their best games against me. One ti.e I was ahead of a guy by like .3. And my quarterback was winning. He took a knee three times to run the clock out and everytime he took a knee it counted as a sack and I ended up losing by .10. That loss cost me a spot in the playoffs
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Post#6164 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Fri Jan 3, 2020 3:17 pm

I could see Tom Brady going to the Colts next year. Or perhaps the Raiders.

TOM BRADY
QB, NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

ESPN's Mike Reiss said the Patriots are in "wait and see" mode regarding Tom Brady's future.

Reiss confirmed the two sides have not discussed a contract since restructuring Brady's deal in August. Some have wondered whether Saturday will be Brady's final home game—or game of any kind if the Patriots lose—for the team that drafted him 199th overall in 2000. The Patriots have been predictably mum on the subject with Brady expressing Thursday that he's never been one for nostalgia. Brady has certainly lost a step this year—2019 ended a run of 10 straight Pro Bowl nods for the future Hall of Famer—though his supporting cast deserves at least some of the blame for his recent struggles.
SOURCE: Mike Reiss on Twitter

Jan 3, 2020, 10:00 AM ET
Bald Bull
Veteran

Post#6165 » by Bald Bull » Mon Jan 6, 2020 9:26 pm

it was just announced that the rams will be moving on from wade Phillips :wave:
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#6166 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:53 pm

Dodub
General Manager
And1: 516

Post#6167 » by Dodub » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:14 pm

Browns hired Vikings OC as their new HC
Dodub
General Manager

Post#6168 » by Dodub » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:16 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Dodub
General Manager

Post#6169 » by Dodub » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:17 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Bald Bull
Veteran

Post#6170 » by Bald Bull » Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:22 pm

Read on Twitter
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#6171 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:39 pm

Bill O'Brien
C, Houston Texans

Texans coach Bill O'Brien suggested the team is not planning to hire a GM this offseason.

"The way I see it right now, it stays the way it is," O'Brien stated on the organization's infrastructure. The Texans' head coach has been acting as the de facto general manager since Houston parted ways with ex-GM Brian Gaine in June, leveraging the team's long-term assets to save his own job in the short-term. O'Brien, for example, swapped a third-round pick for Duke Johnson, shipped two first-round picks and a second-rounder to Miami for LT Laremy Tunsil and Kenny Stills, sent another third-rounder to Oakland for CB Gareon Conley, and essentially gifted Jadeveon Clowney to the Seahawks for a ham sandwich all in the span of six months. Executive VP of team development Jack Easterby has also reportedly had a say in the team's final decisions, but it's clear the Texans have handed O'Brien far too much power for an individual with just two playoff wins in his six-year tenure.
Source: Aaron Wilson on Twitter

Jan 13, 2020, 2:01 PM ET
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#6172 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:59 pm

Ed Dodds
G, Indianapolis Colts

Colts assistant GM Ed Dodds has declined to interview for the Browns' GM vacancy.

Per NFL Network's Tom Pelissero, Dodds feels he still has "unfinished business" in Indianapolis. It seems Dodds, whose preferred choice for head coach was 49ers DC Robert Saleh, lost interest as soon as Cleveland tapped Kevin Stefanski to replace Freddie Kitchens. With Dodds out of the running, Eagles VP of football operations Andrew Berry has emerged as the clear frontrunner to succeed John Dorsey as the Browns' next GM. He'd be a strong get for the Browns, who squandered their best roster in years en route to a disappointing 6-10 finish in 2019.
Related: Cleveland Browns
Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter

Jan 13, 2020, 9:13 AM ET
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#6173 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:41 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20
dr3am
RealGM
And1: 10,485

Post#6174 » by dr3am » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:43 am

:o at a lost for words... so young too, only 28?? Sheesh
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#6175 » by NinerSickness » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:01 am

dr3am wrote::o at a lost for words... so young too, only 28?? Sheesh

Chris Borland is not impressed.
Dodub
General Manager

Post#6176 » by Dodub » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:44 pm

He made the right choice. Too many concussions, he’s made his money and secured a hall of fame spot.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#6177 » by CrimsonCrew » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:52 pm

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28486171/panthers-lb-luke-kuechly-28-says-retiring-nfl-right-thing-do

Interesting list on the right-hand side of players leaving the league early. Willis and Borland both appear, of course. I was struck by the addition of the two Seahawks, though. Baldwin and Chancellor left "early" due to actual injuries that precluded them from playing any longer. They didn't step away in the same sense of Kuechly and Willis.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#6178 » by CrimsonCrew » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:58 pm

Incidentally, I missed that Patrick Willis was HOF eligible this year. Gotta think he'll get in, but likely not first-ballot given his shortened career.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#6179 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:33 am

It’s ashamed. AB is probably still is the best receiver in the planet in terms of talent, yet he’s so toxic that he makes TO looks like Larry Fitz personality wise.

ANTONIO BROWN
WR, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

Agent Drew Rosenhaus has "conditionally" terminated his relationship with free agent WR Antonio Brown.

Per Profootballtalk, Rosenhaus will "rescind the termination if Brown secures appropriate counseling within the next five days." That doesn't seem terribly likely. Brown continues to melt bridges and has all but forced himself out of the league.
SOURCE: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com

Jan 16, 2020, 3:03 PM ET
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#6180 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:30 pm

Sad. This is the best receiver in the world right now. Wasted talent at its finest:

ANTONIO BROWN
WR, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

Free agent WR Antonio Brown was granted $110,000 bond Friday morning following his arrest Thursday night on charges of burglary with battery, burglary of an occupied conveyance and criminal mischief.

He finally turned himself in to Hollywood, FL police after an arrest warrant was issued Wednesday. Brown spent the night in Broward County Jail but will be released once the paperwork is filed for his bail, likely either Friday or early Saturday. The charges stem from an alleged confrontation with the driver of a tractor-trailer moving truck at Brown's home earlier this week. Brown's trainer, Glen Holt, was arrested on one count of burglary with battery and later released on $20,000 bond. Per terms of his bond agreement, the former Steeler will be subject to GPS monitoring, drug and alcohol tests, a mental health evaluation and will also be required to surrender his passport and any guns in his possession. Recently dropped by mega-agent Drew Rosenhaus, the 31-year-old's life is unraveling before our eyes. At this point, we can probably stop referring to Brown as a "free agent" and simply call him a former NFL receiver because his playing days are assuredly over.
SOURCE: ESPN.com

Jan 24, 2020, 9:23 AM ET

Return to San Francisco 49ers