ImageImageImageImageImage

Josh Gordon for?

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

radtech
Senior
And1: 46

Josh Gordon for? 

Post#1 » by radtech » Tue Oct 8, 2013 11:05 pm

LaMichael James and Jon Baldwin and a 2014 third rounder. The Niners have admitted that AJ Jenkins was a mistake by trading him for Baldwin. Baldwin, Bodin, Crabtree, Manningham, have the same exact skillset. Big bodied receiver with no breakaway speed, none of them are deep threats, and no one will cause other teams to play a safety over the top to stop the deep ball. The Niners are a short passing team that lets the receiver gains yards after the catch.

James has not been doing much of anything. He was supposed to be another Darren Sproles type. But he has been supplanted by a healthy return of Hunter and with Dixon as the short yardage back. So why is James needed? Perrish Cox has returned kicks before and Kyle Williams can return both kickoffs and return punts, kinda.

When Crabtree and Manningham return, someone has to go.
BelgianMagic
Head Coach
And1: 130

Re: Josh Gordon for? 

Post#2 » by BelgianMagic » Wed Oct 9, 2013 9:26 am

I'd love a trade for Josh Gordon, really like him .. I think we should absolutely trade for a WR

just read an article bout this possble trade:
http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/10/0 ... l-trigger/

Adding a guy like Gordon would really make our offense a lot better
GS Warriors 1
General Manager
And1: 456

Re: Josh Gordon for? 

Post#3 » by GS Warriors 1 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:19 pm

I think they wait until Manningham and Crabtree return rather than make a trade. They've also been rumored for Hakeem Nicks but I also highly doubt they do that. Getting Crabtree in November will be like the team acquired a top tier WR anyway. Yes, neither Crabtree nor Boldin are breakaway guys but I think your going to start to see Vernon Davis used as a deeper threat once his hamstring is closer to 100% and those WR's come back. You've already seen it the last 2 weeks, actually.

Return to San Francisco 49ers