McDonald Playing Sunday 

Post#1 » by Pattersonca65 » Fri Sep 5, 2014 8:13 pm

According to Jim Harbaugh
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 261

Re: McDonald Playing Sunday 

Post#2 » by Jikkle » Fri Sep 5, 2014 8:45 pm

Tim K, Anne Killion, and the Cohns are going to flip when they find this out.

Personally I thought the media types had no business saying the 9ers needed to sit Ray when they had no information to go on other than he was arrested for it which doesn't mean he actually did do it.

The fact that he hasn't even been charged yet pretty much means the case is flimsy against him so it's looking more and more that either he did do it and now the girlfriend is completely recanting the story even though he still could be charged if the evidence was there or there is far more to this case than what we know about.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 956

Post#3 » by CrimsonCrew » Fri Sep 5, 2014 9:03 pm

Jikkle wrote:Tim K, Anne Killion, and the Cohns are going to flip when they find this out.

Personally I thought the media types had no business saying the 9ers needed to sit Ray when they had no information to go on other than he was arrested for it which doesn't mean he actually did do it.

The fact that he hasn't even been charged yet pretty much means the case is flimsy against him so it's looking more and more that either he did do it and now the girlfriend is completely recanting the story even though he still could be charged if the evidence was there or there is far more to this case than what we know about.

Not necessarily. Particularly if it ends up being a misdemeanor. Sometimes cases won't be filed for months after the incident. Though I'd think a DA's office would fast-track a high profile case like this to some extent.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,213

Post#4 » by clyde21 » Fri Sep 5, 2014 9:31 pm

Jikkle wrote:Tim K, Anne Killion, and the Cohns are going to flip when they find this out.

They can suck a dick. They want Baalke/Harbaugh to punish Ray McDonald without due process. It's absolutely dumbfounding to me.

Every time I hear any of them speak on CSN I wanna :banghead: .
Hangman_52
Sixth Man
And1: 77

Post#5 » by Hangman_52 » Fri Sep 5, 2014 9:50 pm

clyde21 wrote:

They can suck a dick. They want Baalke/Harbaugh to punish Ray McDonald without due process. It's absolutely dumbfounding to me.

Every time I hear any of them speak on CSN I wanna :banghead: .

I agree 100%. They do not even know what happened. They have him guilty until proven innocent.
Rvnight18
Bench Warmer
And1: 15

Post#6 » by Rvnight18 » Sat Sep 6, 2014 12:23 am

They're all hacks. No integrity. Pretty much have no need for them. That's probably why I don't follow any of them. Any body who wants Ray suspended this game are hypocrites. If this was flipped on them and they held their innocence, and people in the media wrote articles bashing them and their bosses for not punishing them, they would be furious.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
49rangER
Senior
And1: 28

Post#7 » by 49rangER » Sun Sep 7, 2014 4:56 am

Good. It's called due process for a reason.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
Hangman_52
Sixth Man
And1: 77

Post#8 » by Hangman_52 » Sun Sep 7, 2014 5:56 am

Biggest reason I don't want them to do anything is that Goodell did not take into account that Smith went to rehab and missed 5 games. He claimed he would, but then he said afterwards he did not. So why punish him now for something that he will get punished for again later. People think Aldon got a 9 game suspension. In reality he got a 14 game suspension.
sjballer03
Rookie
And1: 1,045

McDonald Playing Sunday 

Post#9 » by sjballer03 » Sun Sep 7, 2014 8:01 am

Hangman_52 wrote:Biggest reason I don't want them to do anything is that Goodell did not take into account that Smith went to rehab and missed 5 games. He claimed he would, but then he said afterwards he did not. So why punish him now for something that he will get punished for again later. People think Aldon got a 9 game suspension. In reality he got a 14 game suspension.

This is my thinking as well. By making Aldon go into rehab, we lowered our chances to win a Super Bowl. We won all of the games while he was on rehab, but he was limited in the loss to Carolina. And the week after, we lost a close one to the Saints. I'm pretty sure he still wasn't 100% ready by then. A fully game ready Aldon would've been a great asset against those playoff contending teams.

Give us either of those games and we're NFC West champs and eventual SB champs. I would've rather taken that and have Aldon serve his suspension for 14 or whatever games this season.

By trying to do the right thing, the Niners basically shot themselves in the foot by potentially compromising not one, but two seasons. No team is ever going to take preemptive action like that again. I'm totally behind letting Ray Mac play.
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#10 » by Ray_Dogg » Sun Sep 7, 2014 8:38 am

Tim K has been way overboard on this. I felt like from the beginning there was more to the story and was willing to let MacDonald get a shot at being innocent, Tim thinks he should be inactive, PERIOD.
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 208

Post#11 » by Pattersonca65 » Sun Sep 7, 2014 4:07 pm

This is Tim K we are talking about after all, lol. He will say anything to get a rise out of people

Return to San Francisco 49ers