2015-16 CFB SEASON / '16 NFL DRAFT

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager
And1: 225

Re: 2015-16 CFB SEASON / '16 NFL DRAFT 

Post#2361 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:37 am

Jared Goff - QB - Golden Bears

NJ.com's Jordan Raanan hears that there is a 99.9% chance the Rams select Cal QB Jared Goff with the first overall selection in the 2016 NFL Draft.

Not only does Raanan report that the Rams are 99.9% set on drafting Goff, he also wrote that "the entire league knows it." We had heard previously that part of the reason the Eagles traded for the No. 2 pick is that they were already working off the expectation that the Rams would draft Goff. If everything unfolds as expected, the Eagles will be selecting North Dakota State QB Carson Wentz with that second pick.
Source: Jordan Raanan on Twitter

Apr 24 - 6:28 PM
arich35
General Manager
And1: 816

Post#2362 » by arich35 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:41 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Jonathan Bullard - DL - Gators

CBS Sports' Pete Prisco compared Florida DL Jonathan Bullard to Michael Bennett.

Prisco believes Bullard has the talent of a first-rounder, but sees the Florida standout falling into the second round. The analyst particularly likes the fact that the 6-foot-3, 285-pounder is "big, strong and plays hard." TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline relayed that Bullard "looked phenomenal in drills" during his mid-March Pro Day.
Source: CBS Sports

Apr 24 - 2:24 PM

If we can get Bullard in the 2nd, that would be a steal IMO
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#2363 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:48 am

Myles Jack - LB - Player

"Multiple sources" told Yahoo's Charles Robinson that the Cowboys flagged UCLA LB Myles Jack (knee) medically at the Combine and placed him onto a "sub board," different from their draft board.

The Cowboys didn't necessarily remove Jack from draft consideration altogether, but it sounds like they wouldn't take him unless Jack fell to a later round. Dallas is one of Jack's least likely destinations, anyway, but it provides a small glimpse into how teams are treating Jack's injury.
Related: Cowboys
Source: Charles Robinson on Twitter

Apr 24 - 6:35 PM
ChrisPozz
RealGM
And1: 450

Post#2364 » by ChrisPozz » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:10 am

I_am_1z wrote:
ChrisPozz wrote:
I_am_1z wrote:Hey Pozz,

I've looked everywhere on the internet for Cedric Gilbert's pro day times but I cannot find them. He's ACU (Abilene Christian University) 6'2" 215lb receiver who's a bit old at 23. He ran on a "dominating" track and field team in HS. Was a state champion as a junior as the anchor of his relay team in Texas so I'm assuming he's pretty fast. I found an interview about his pro day where he states he thinks he ran well. On the field, he's put up decent enough tape IMO. Do you have any information regarding this guy?

Supposedly ran a 4.53 (only one report) - indoors. Looked like normal FieldTurf to me but I don't know for sure or what sort of quality. 81 inch wingspan.

To my eye he needs a lot of work coming out of his break. Sort of slow and looks like he has a dip motion coming out of his stance off the line. Really like his hands at the point of contact with the catch. Very physical going up with defenders when forced to make a catch with contact. Just ok speed separating right after the catch. He's got a physical quality to him I like a little bit once he does have the ball.

Dallas had a regional combine that he was at, perhaps that's where the 40 came from?

I think he's a steal if had in the 5th round or later.

I would bet on him being there later than the 5th but wide receivers from smaller schools might be as hard to project range wise than any other position. DT is up there, too. For me at least.
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#2365 » by NinerSickness » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:45 am

CrimsonCrew wrote:I guess a guy like Ifo Ekpre Olomu was projected in the first pre-injury and went in the 7th. But he was still drafted, and his pre-injury projection was not as high as Smith's. I would be very surprised if no team took a chance on him in the 7th. Hell, we should absolutely do so if no one else has. Almost regardless of his medical situation. A 7th rounder has like a 3% chance of sticking longterm. Might as well swing for the fences.

I have no problem risking a 7th rounder on Jaylon Smith. I'd even be fine with a 6th. 5th would be pushing it IMO. Maybe a late 5th depending on whether Travis Feeney is still around or not.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#2366 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:50 pm

Jared Goff - QB - Player

Profootballtalk.com passes along a "very strong sense" that Cal QB Jared Goff will go No. 1 to the Rams.

One of the last remaining reporters to believe the Rams might take Carson Wentz -- Sam Farmer of the Los Angeles Times -- recently changed his prediction and now believes L.A. will select Goff. ESPN's Adam Schefter has also forecasted Goff to Los Angeles at No. 1. Wentz will be drafted by the Eagles at No. 2.
Related: Rams, Eagles
Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports

Apr 24 - 11:59 PM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#2369 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:28 pm

Paxton Lynch - QB - Player

Memphis QB Paxton Lynch reportedly scored an 18 on the Wonderlic Test.

Some NFL scouts have expressed concerns about Lynch's maturity, and his intelligence may also be criticized following the below-average score. For comparison, Carson Wentz scored 40, Jared Goff 34, and Cardale Jones 24. On Monday, NFL draft insider Tony Pauline suggested Lynch could call further than expected and might even get drafted after Christian Hackenberg.
Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Apr 25 - 11:28 AM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#2370 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:29 pm

Carson Wentz - QB - Player

NFL draft insider Tony Pauline passes along "a belief" that the league is "pressuring" the Rams to keep their quarterback target quiet in an effort to "build speculation" regarding the No. 1 overall pick.

"The NFL Draft has become such big business that the league hopes to build speculation around who will ultimately end up as the top selection," wrote Pauline. Unfortunately for the league, the secret appears to be out. The Rams are fully expect to drafted Jared Goff, leaving Carson Wentz for the Eagles.
Related: Rams, Eagles
Source: philadelphiaeagles.com

Apr 25 - 11:22 AM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#2371 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:33 pm

Myles Jack - LB - Player

One NFL personnel executive predicted to NJ.com that UCLA LB Myles Jack (knee) will fall out of the top-ten picks.

NJ.com's Mark Eckel makes it clear this executive does not work for a team in position to draft Jack and isn't "trying to allow him to drop for that reason" by spreading misinformation. "No," said the executive when Eckel mocked Jack to the Jaguars at No. 5. "(Jack) is going to drop. Teams are scared off by his knee. He's not going in the top 10." Another personnel executive echoed the concern. Jack will be Thursday night's biggest draft wild card.
Source: NJ.com

Apr 25 - 11:10 AM
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#2372 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Apr 25, 2016 5:35 pm

Connor Cook - QB - Player

In a poll of 17 NFL scouts conducted by the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, Michigan State's Connor Cook was voted the quarterback most likely to bust.

Cook received six votes as likeliest to bust, while Paxton Lynch came in second with five. Christian Hackenberg received three bust votes, and Jared Goff and Carson Wentz each got one. "He's certainly not a front-line starter that can win you games," one NFL exec said of Cook, also comparing him to Kyle Orton. "Like to have a better work ethic out of a quarterback," added an AFC scout. "He liked to hit the streets and chase."

Apr 25 - 11:00 AM
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 206

Post#2373 » by Pattersonca65 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:08 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:Connor Cook - QB - Player

In a poll of 17 NFL scouts conducted by the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, Michigan State's Connor Cook was voted the quarterback most likely to bust.

Cook received six votes as likeliest to bust, while Paxton Lynch came in second with five. Christian Hackenberg received three bust votes, and Jared Goff and Carson Wentz each got one. "He's certainly not a front-line starter that can win you games," one NFL exec said of Cook, also comparing him to Kyle Orton. "Like to have a better work ethic out of a quarterback," added an AFC scout. "He liked to hit the streets and chase."

Apr 25 - 11:00 AM

I don't like Cook at all. Not crazy about Lynch either. I think it would be in many ways going the Kaep route again in terms of player development. The team out to just draft a Hackenberg or similar and at least we won't be wasting a high pick if it doesn't work out.
Bingo_AlphaMan
General Manager

Post#2374 » by Bingo_AlphaMan » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:09 pm

Le'Raven Clark - T - Red Raiders

An NFL scout says Texas Tech T Le'Raven Clark "doesn't know anything about run blocking and he ain't very strong."

Clark finished with a position-worst 18 reps on the bench at the Combine. "In a couple years maybe he could start," said another scout. "Just because he's so damn long." The issue with that is a team would likely have to spend a Day 2 pick to acquire a player who may only have a year or two of starting in him before his rookie deal expires. "He's got a lot of up side," a third scout said. "He's got feet, athleticism and length. They tell me he may have knee issues."
Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

Apr 25 - 3:50 PM
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#2375 » by ChrisPozz » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:18 am

ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#2376 » by ChrisPozz » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:21 am

ChrisPozz wrote:I'm surprised there aren't more Stanley predictions by regular folks (not draft folks as many draft folks are starting to predict Stanley).

-----

Every year I have multiple fears of who Baalke could end up falling for like a draft crush. More often than not it doesn't end up happening throughout the draft but one of the guys this year I fear he could be sneaky for is Shaq Lawson. His make up isn't a typical Baalke type but there's just something about him whenever I watch him for a while that makes me feel like there's something he could like about him from a pass rushing potential perspective.

That would scare the dickens out of me and tick me off beyond belief. The one good thing I will say about him is he comes off like he will be an outstanding adult as a person once he reaches full maturity. I will give him that. This one I don't feel quite as sure about but there's still some sneaky potential for it to happen I fear.

Last year I feared Armstead and that was one of the rare times it proved to be right. He ended up being quite a bit more promising for SOMETHING than I thought he would right out of the gates but one must understand just how awful of a project I thought that could start out as and never become, too.

-------

Do think there is an even higher potential than usual for a move down again this time, too.

So much of the early intrigue for me is how will the Ravens throw a punch right in the jaw to the 49ers (again) this year? Ok, that's being fairly negative. They're slightly harder to get a great handle on this year, though. Dallas feels like a pretty easy read this year.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/04/24/nfl-mock-draft-peter-king-trades

I can also see GM Trent Baalke doing the same thing and take Notre Dame tackle Ronnie Stanley, who might be in the process of passing Tunsil on a few draft boards around the league.
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#2377 » by ChrisPozz » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:29 am

Aaron Wilson:

Colts, 49ers, Rams, Jets, Jaguars, Eagles, Texans expressing interest in New Mexico St. corner Winston Rose as potential Day 3 draft pick
ChrisPozz
RealGM

Post#2378 » by ChrisPozz » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:32 am

Laquon Treadwell heads to the draft after making seven visits

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/25/laquon-treadwell-heads-to-the-draft-after-making-seven-visits/

In an interview taped Monday afternoon for Tuesday’s PFT Live on NBC Sports Radio, Treadwell rattled off the seven teams he visited: the Browns, Cowboys, 49ers, Giants, Jets, Bears, and Vikings.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#2380 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:53 pm

Buckner i'm thankful about... Tunsil, i'm opening up as Staley's eventual replacement....

Stanley, no.... plz no....
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.

Return to San Francisco 49ers