Is this site still our main meetup?

Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Re: Is this site still our main meetup? 

Post#21 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Aug 8, 2016 6:15 pm

call over those faithful to these boards...

we need some injection!!!!
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 939

Post#22 » by CrimsonCrew » Tue Aug 9, 2016 7:01 pm

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:Seemingly. I'm not aware of any movement elsewhere, though this board is a bit quieter during the offseason than the old ESPN boards were.

Yeah. It saddens me a little bit having experience this. There are guys I haven't seen or heard from for at least 2/3 years. This time of the year along with the weeks approaching the drafts used to be our most exciting most busiest time of the year. It's not what it used to be as a Niners faithful.

I wonder if that's not more because of where the posters are in their lives than where the Niners are, though. I first linked up with this group in the '02 season. It's not like the Niners were any good in those days, and John York was running the show, but we still had a lot of discussion. That seems to have lagged a bit.
49rangER
Senior
And1: 28

Post#23 » by 49rangER » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:05 am

CrimsonCrew wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:Seemingly. I'm not aware of any movement elsewhere, though this board is a bit quieter during the offseason than the old ESPN boards were.

Yeah. It saddens me a little bit having experience this. There are guys I haven't seen or heard from for at least 2/3 years. This time of the year along with the weeks approaching the drafts used to be our most exciting most busiest time of the year. It's not what it used to be as a Niners faithful.

I wonder if that's not more because of where the posters are in their lives than where the Niners are, though. I first linked up with this group in the '02 season. It's not like the Niners were any good in those days, and John York was running the show, but we still had a lot of discussion. That seems to have lagged a bit.

I would have to agree with the bold.

Also the fact we have moved from like 2-3 different boards since ESPN we may have lost a few people.

And back at the ESPN boards we had a ton of trolls. It was quite annoying back then but it got people talking/arguing more frequently which made it kind of exciting to read each day.
Ease_Ur_Storm
Senior
And1: 21

Post#24 » by Ease_Ur_Storm » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:14 pm

Things should pick up with the first pre-season game. Last year was a tough year though and tough to get real excited about a re-build year. Plenty of discussion will be tossed around based on the new offense and the QB situation. I've just been kind of waiting right now.
wartyOne
Freshman
And1: 7

Post#25 » by wartyOne » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:43 am

Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:

For me personally, the ownership of this team has driven me away. I watched the glory years. This franchise doesn't seem to care about winning. They seem to care about wanting money. It's hard to care about that as a fan. I'll continue supporting the UNM football team. They might make a bowl game, but probably not. But at least I don't feel like the University is just looking at me like I'm a steak. I have little hope that this family will sell the team, and even less hope that they will care about winning. Leaves me more interested in finding other things to do on Sunday. And that sucks. :-(
generaldreedle
Senior
And1: 46

Post#26 » by generaldreedle » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:32 pm

I'm not a major contributor, whether as APS510 at ESPN, or Yossarian at Hoopla, but I'm never around on the offseason, except right around draft time, and that includes the pre season games, which divulge little. I'm a little like Warty though, the ownership has really dampened my enthusiasm, from the time of the whisper campaign against Harbaugh, through hiring then standing up for Tomsula --when it was apparent he was barely coherent, and Jed's media enablers like Ted Robinson, Trent Dilfer, etc., it's all leaving a sour taste in my mouth.
Rvnight18
Bench Warmer
And1: 15

Post#27 » by Rvnight18 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:30 am

49rangER wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:
Bingo_AlphaMan wrote:

I would have to agree with the bold.

Also the fact we have moved from like 2-3 different boards since ESPN we may have lost a few people.

And back at the ESPN boards we had a ton of trolls. It was quite annoying back then but it got people talking/arguing more frequently which made it kind of exciting to read each day.

This. Two daughters now and a job that takes up 60 hours a week. I stop in and read a little during the offseason but now that the preseason is starting up, I am going to try and pop in more.
Ray_Dogg
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 265

Post#28 » by Ray_Dogg » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:44 am

I blame Alex Smith, after all, he has caused global warming.
wartyOne
Freshman
And1: 7

Post#29 » by wartyOne » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:50 am

Ray_Dogg wrote:I blame Alex Smith, after all, he has caused global warming.

Global warming, schlobal warming. Smith is CLEARLY responsible for:

Zika
E Bola
The Summer of the Shark
The Great Recession
Avian Flu
Bovine Flue
Katrina
Sars

I mean, come on. Global warming? Don't be ridiculous.
49rangER
Senior
And1: 28

Post#30 » by 49rangER » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:54 pm

Anybody heard from Tomic?
NinerSickness
Lead Assistant
And1: 339

Post#31 » by NinerSickness » Sat Sep 3, 2016 5:16 pm

Pattersonca65 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:Although I'm still trying to recover from losing Harbaugh (yes, it's been two years). That was the best we've been in a long time, and it got ripped from underneath us too quickly. It's just hard to get excited about 49ers football right now.

It is hard to get excited. But it is still interesting with Kelly in charge to see how this turns out. It would be downright grueling if Tomsula was still the HC

I'm saving my excitement for Myles Garrett and / or the 2018 season. The Niners caught a lucky break with the Eagles having fired Kelly because he's a great coach, and he's relatively young. I hope Baalke doesn't derp it up by firing him at the first sign of a bad season like he did w/ the great one. If they stick with Kelly, don't let him be the GM, let him build up the kind of team he wants to run and finds him a QB, they will be in good shape.
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 206

Post#32 » by Pattersonca65 » Sun Sep 4, 2016 9:18 pm

NinerSickness wrote:
Pattersonca65 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:Although I'm still trying to recover from losing Harbaugh (yes, it's been two years). That was the best we've been in a long time, and it got ripped from underneath us too quickly. It's just hard to get excited about 49ers football right now.

It is hard to get excited. But it is still interesting with Kelly in charge to see how this turns out. It would be downright grueling if Tomsula was still the HC

I'm saving my excitement for Myles Garrett and / or the 2018 season. The Niners caught a lucky break with the Eagles having fired Kelly because he's a great coach, and he's relatively young. I hope Baalke doesn't derp it up by firing him at the first sign of a bad season like he did w/ the great one. If they stick with Kelly, don't let him be the GM, let him build up the kind of team he wants to run and finds him a QB, they will be in good shape.

Yorks aren't going to pay another fired coach. Baalke is the next to go and Gamble would be GM, not Kelly
ChrisPozz
RealGM
And1: 450

Post#33 » by ChrisPozz » Sun Sep 4, 2016 9:33 pm

Pattersonca65 wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:
Pattersonca65 wrote:

Yorks aren't going to pay another fired coach. Baalke is the next to go and Gamble would be GM, not Kelly

Honestly, and this may not be the place to get onto a different topic, but I'm not 100% convinced that Gamble would end up accepting or being pushed into being the man if and when Baalke is let go.

Maybe he would be for a short period of time where he transitions it to somebody else, but sadly I am not 100% convinced he'll end up being pushed into that role for a long term commitment. We'll see. As I've said for years, there aren't more than 2-4 men in the entire league I'd rather have right now in a major football and business role, but we'll probably end up seeing what his desires are pretty soon for his future.
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 206

Post#34 » by Pattersonca65 » Tue Sep 6, 2016 4:16 pm

ChrisPozz wrote:
Pattersonca65 wrote:
NinerSickness wrote:

Honestly, and this may not be the place to get onto a different topic, but I'm not 100% convinced that Gamble would end up accepting or being pushed into being the man if and when Baalke is let go.

Maybe he would be for a short period of time where he transitions it to somebody else, but sadly I am not 100% convinced he'll end up being pushed into that role for a long term commitment. We'll see. As I've said for years, there aren't more than 2-4 men in the entire league I'd rather have right now in a major football and business role, but we'll probably end up seeing what his desires are pretty soon for his future.

If Gamble doesn't want it, that is one thing, but the York's have a history of looking inside the organization first and Gamble would be the logical replacement from the Yorks.

Return to San Francisco 49ers