Moderators: CalamityX12, MHSL82

clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

49ers starting lines 

Post#1 » by clyde21 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:29 am

I think this should be our starting lineup on offense

Joe Staley/Joshua Garnett/Daniel Kilgore/Anthony Davis/Trent Brown

Move Davis inside to RG, start Garnett even as a rookie.

On DL I'd start all of our young guys -

Arik Armstead/Quentin Dial/DeForest Buckner

Start Buckner. Don't care if he's a rookie or not, like Garnett. Get the development going as early as possible, as we're not making the playoffs either way.

This would give us one of the biggest and most physical linemen in all of the NFL. Say what you will about this roster (and it sucks) but there's potential there on both lines to be to be circa 2012-13 good. Hopefully we can go back to that 'big boy' football given that we have nothing else to look forward to at the QB position.
I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

Re: 49ers starting lines 

Post#2 » by I_am_1z » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:56 am

clyde21 wrote:I think this should be our starting lineup on offense

Start Buckner. Don't care if he's a rookie or not, like Garnett. Get the development going as early as possible, as we're not making the playoffs either way.

This would give us one of the biggest and most physical linemen in all of the NFL. Say what you will about this roster (and it sucks) but there's potential there on both lines to be to be circa 2012-13 good. Hopefully we can go back to that 'big boy' football given that we have nothing else to look forward to at the QB position.

Would try to fit Fahn Cooper in over Trent Brown.

Probably by letting Davis play RT and Cooper RG
clyde21
RealGM

Post#3 » by clyde21 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:57 am

Don't like Fahn at all. Slow-footed, awkward. I think Davis/Brown combo gives a distinct size advantage over most DLs.
I_am_1z
Starter

Post#4 » by I_am_1z » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:11 am

clyde21 wrote:Don't like Fahn at all. Slow-footed, awkward. I think Davis/Brown combo gives a distinct size advantage over most DLs.

Welp, he's going to quickly prove you wrong. He's one of the top 5 OL on this team, so we need to find him a position to play.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#5 » by clyde21 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:16 am

I_am_1z wrote:
clyde21 wrote:Don't like Fahn at all. Slow-footed, awkward. I think Davis/Brown combo gives a distinct size advantage over most DLs.

Welp, he's going to quickly prove you wrong. He's one of the top 5 OL on this team, so we need to find him a position to play.

Left bench sounds good.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#6 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:31 pm

Brown has been getting better and has good reviews in TC.... he should be there... but Davis is definitely playing back into form.....
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#7 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:32 pm

I'd imagine Garnett starts slow, off the bench while Beadles plays LG for the time being.... maybe down the road this season they'll move him in.
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Pattersonca65
Analyst
And1: 206

Post#8 » by Pattersonca65 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:26 pm

Ease_Ur_Storm
Senior
And1: 21

Post#9 » by Ease_Ur_Storm » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:51 pm

[quote="clyde21"]I think this should be our starting lineup on offense

[b]Joe Staley/Joshua Garnett/Daniel Kilgore/Anthony Davis/Trent Brown
[/b]

Well looks like things are shaping up this way. It's in play at the very least as they're giving Anthony Davis a look at Guard. This is effectively the same route as when Boone was moved over to Guard to put the best lineman on the field.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 939

Post#10 » by CrimsonCrew » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:36 am

It might take them a little while to come together, but that could be a downright nasty OL. It'd be pretty funny if they went from one of the worst to one of the best in one season, though it looks a lot better for run blocking than pass blocking at present. That's true whether it's Davis or Tiller at RG.
I_am_1z
Starter

Post#11 » by I_am_1z » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:52 am

clyde21 wrote:
I_am_1z wrote:

Left bench sounds good.

Well when you're done making jokes, maybe you can take a look at him actually play?

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Fahn Cooper vs. Wardrobe malfunction rook from combine
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#12 » by Pattersonca65 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:04 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:It might take them a little while to come together, but that could be a downright nasty OL. It'd be pretty funny if they went from one of the worst to one of the best in one season, though it looks a lot better for run blocking than pass blocking at present. That's true whether it's Davis or Tiller at RG.

Will be much improved this year. I hear the Hawks oline didn't look very good in last night's preseason game.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#13 » by CrimsonCrew » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:11 pm

Pattersonca65 wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:It might take them a little while to come together, but that could be a downright nasty OL. It'd be pretty funny if they went from one of the worst to one of the best in one season, though it looks a lot better for run blocking than pass blocking at present. That's true whether it's Davis or Tiller at RG.

Will be much improved this year. I hear the Hawks oline didn't look very good in last night's preseason game.

I don't believe that. Russ said this is the best Hawks team he's ever played on, and he would never tell a lie.
ChrisPozz
RealGM
And1: 450

Post#14 » by ChrisPozz » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:43 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:
Pattersonca65 wrote:

I don't believe that. Russ said this is the best Hawks team he's ever played on, and he would never tell a lie.

You forgot to end that with, "Go Hawks."
Dodub
General Manager
And1: 516

Post#15 » by Dodub » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:46 pm

Good work Clyde, looks like you were right on with that prediction.
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#16 » by Pattersonca65 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:48 pm

Beadles practiced at Center today at camp. I wonder if this could mean Martin is on his way out.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM

Post#17 » by CrimsonCrew » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:55 pm

OL is a really interesting competition this year. Martin, Thomas, Theus, and Cooper are all in a fierce competition, and all were mid-round picks. Silberman too, for that matter, though he was a sixth-rounder as memory serves. It will be extremely interesting to see how it shakes out. I was really hoping Martin and Thomas would round into form, but it's looking somewhat unlikely.
Pattersonca65
Analyst

Post#18 » by Pattersonca65 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:30 pm

CrimsonCrew wrote:OL is a really interesting competition this year. Martin, Thomas, Theus, and Cooper are all in a fierce competition, and all were mid-round picks. Silberman too, for that matter, though he was a sixth-rounder as memory serves. It will be extremely interesting to see how it shakes out. I was really hoping Martin and Thomas would round into form, but it's looking somewhat unlikely.

I think Thomas played with the 2nd unit Saturday.What do you think of his play? He was mentioned once for good play.
yellowknifer
Analyst
And1: 2,337

Post#19 » by yellowknifer » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:43 pm

I_am_1z wrote:
clyde21 wrote:I think this should be our starting lineup on offense

Would try to fit Fahn Cooper in over Trent Brown.

Probably by letting Davis play RT and Cooper RG

Did you miss Trent Brown's play? The guy looks like a dominant super beast. There's a 0% chance Fahn takes his job. -100% chance in fact.
yellowknifer
Analyst
And1: 2,337

Post#20 » by yellowknifer » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:43 pm

Pattersonca65 wrote:Beadles practiced at Center today at camp. I wonder if this could mean Martin is on his way out.

God I hope so. Clearly not an NFL player.

Return to San Francisco 49ers