Moderators: MHSL82, CalamityX12

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Re: Kill my optimism now. 

Post#21 » by CalamityX12 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:35 pm

this is ****ed up...

i was searching for pic that best represents the wr depth chart for me at this stage.

So i elected to search "dumpster fire gif" via google. quality selections here n there were generated. For most image searches, google then categorizes the images for easier pickings.

This is what they provided(see image)

So wrong....

The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
I_am_1z
Starter
And1: 66

Post#22 » by I_am_1z » Thu Sep 1, 2016 12:21 am

CrimsonCrew wrote:
I_am_1z wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:
It's the NFL. You're going to win some games - even against very good teams - unless you're absolute garbage. But this team has a lot of holes.

If Ellington rebounds in terms of health, McDonald continues to show good focus, and Hyde stays healthy, AND Kelly can get at least average play out of our QB, then we could definitely surprise some people. But the D is pretty darn young, the OL is still taking shape, and those "what ifs" above are significant. I'm not expecting greatness. I'll settle for genrally solid play and improvement.

I feel like the Rams are in the same situations, but no one's calling them a 5 win team this year.

49ers of last year had a ton of injuries and still captured 5 Ws. I don't understand the fanbase at all. The O & D line are significantly improved and that's supposedly where games are decided.

The Rams have the best front-four in the NFL, and arguably the best RB. They have some holes, but their D and running game should be very good. That makes them competitive.

I see what you're saying, but I believe we're very similar to them. Rams DL is unfathomly good, but 49ers are arguably better when it comes to LBs and DBs. Offenses are about even.
CrimsonCrew
RealGM
And1: 939

Post#23 » by CrimsonCrew » Thu Sep 1, 2016 3:54 am

I_am_1z wrote:
CrimsonCrew wrote:
I_am_1z wrote:
I feel like the Rams are in the same situations, but no one's calling them a 5 win team this year.

49ers of last year had a ton of injuries and still captured 5 Ws. I don't understand the fanbase at all. The O & D line are significantly improved and that's supposedly where games are decided.

The Rams have the best front-four in the NFL, and arguably the best RB. They have some holes, but their D and running game should be very good. That makes them competitive.

I see what you're saying, but I believe we're very similar to them. Rams DL is unfathomly good, but 49ers are arguably better when it comes to LBs and DBs. Offenses are about even.

I don't know. Their DL is way better than ours, at least unless ours proves otherwise. Donald would be our best player. There are serious questions about our ability to stop the run. Our LBs aren't great at this point. I love Bowman, but he's not the elite player he was before the injury. Our second ILB, whoever it is, won't be great. Brooks is below average these days. Lynch has talent, but I'm nervous about him coming back after a four game suspension. Jury is very much out on Harold and Carradine right now. Quinn is head and shoulders above any pass rushers we have. I tend to think that Ogletree is mediocre at best, but Baron fit in well in that role last year.
Jikkle
Analyst
And1: 259

Post#24 » by Jikkle » Fri Sep 2, 2016 10:32 pm

http://www.ninersnation.com/2016/9/1/12748920/john-clayton-8-reasons-the-49ers-might-be-better-than-people-think

John Clayton with a positive 9er article. Cats and Dogs must be living together.

Clayton's article is part of that ESPN insider nonsense so I linked the Niner Nation summary of it.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,209

Post#25 » by thesack12 » Sat Sep 3, 2016 2:19 pm

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-now-worst-super-bowl-odds-after-2016-preseason

Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- 100/1
Cleveland Browns -- 100/1
San Francisco 49ers -- 150/1
zman1
Pro Prospect
And1: 128

Post#26 » by zman1 » Sat Sep 3, 2016 2:44 pm

thesack12 wrote:http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-now-worst-super-bowl-odds-after-2016-preseason

Nice work Jed, really nice. Too bad daddy won't fire your incompetent butt.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,209

Post#27 » by thesack12 » Sat Sep 3, 2016 2:47 pm

zman1 wrote:
thesack12 wrote:http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-now-worst-super-bowl-odds-after-2016-preseason

Nice work Jed, really nice. Too bad daddy won't fire your incompetent butt.

Yeah its pretty sad that going into the season only 2 years ago, Frisco was legit contenders. Now thanks to York/Baalke n crew, they are now considered a full 50% worse than the Browns, yes THOSE Browns

Return to San Francisco 49ers